Where Do Your loyalties Lie: Villa or England.

GavChahal

Which would you prefer?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• England win the World Cup
    • Villa finish in the top 4

I think the question should simply be: "If both teams won the biggest competitions they can enter"....for which i'd vote Villa, (I've gone Villa in the poll) despite probably thinking England at this moment in time.

Agree, you should change it to England winning the World Cup and Villa the Champions League. I think we'd see a clear winner there. For this poll i've gone for England, however, if Villa were in the CL final, it'd be the Villa. Like AVFCPOB said, put both in equal situations, and the Villa would piss it.

Even if it was Villa winning the league I would choose England. I despise England as a team, they remind me of a big gang of women when they play, but the thought of witnessing my own country winning a world cup whilst enjoying every moment of it with family and friends is the main reason. Its the one time were everyone comes together in the country to support a team rather than individuals supporting different club teams. Its an all for one, one for all situation for me and I enjoy it. England is more than football.

Nail and head.

Think how many more people would be happy and you can celebrate with if England win the World Cup. It would mean so much to the whole nation and thats what counts more.

Villa all the way,

I am Irish though.

But between Ireland and Villa it'd be tough, I care more about Villa but to see Ireland do well in a World Cup is it's own kind of special. Basically Villa losing a Premirship match hurts me more than Ireland losing a World Cup qualifier. So I voted Villa,

But Dublin winning Sam?

I went for Villa. Much the same reasons as most. Ive never been to an England game (having to pay to join the members scheme to be able to buy tickets puts me off), and i cant stand most of the current squad.

Im lucky that im old enough to remember '82, and had anyone asked me back then, Villa to win the European Cup or England to win the World Cup, without any hesitation, it would be Villa all the time.

Winning the European Cup in '82 meant more to me then England winning the World Cup.

Villa. This is a particularly easy decision for me since I'm American and I'm hoping we'll beat you come June 12th :lol:

However, I would choose Villa making the Champions League over the US winning the world cup, as remarkable and as powerful an experience as that would be. I didn't choose to be American; I was just born here. Contrastingly, it was my decision to start supporting Aston Villa, so seeing them be successful is much more fulfilling for me.

Where do my loyalties lie??.....Well its Villa

But I would prefer to see us win the World Cup than finish in the top 4 ffsake just because sky says its a good place to be :| Villa win the league or england win the world cup would be a tough one...

Took me all of a millisecond to work this one out....Villa.

Would be great to see England do it, but being a Villa fan is just more real than being an England fan to me.

My gf bought last seasons Villa kit for my little girl a couple of days ago (£11 reduced from £70 :thumb:) and it put a massive smile on my face seeing her in it. My brother bought her an England kit each on the same day, but it didn't have the same effect on me.

I am half Welsh, so that might have something to do with it, never exactly been patriotic.

It's hard enough cheering for Timmy Cahill but I feel sorry for you buggers having to support the likes of Terry, Gerrard and Ashley Cole - not to mention watching Heskey play such an important role that clubs like ours continue to employ him :)

The thing with finishing 4th is you still have to play a qualify to get into the champions league, besides you don't actually win a trophy for it.

I was in the camp for Villa rather winning a cup than finishing 4th so in that sense I would prefer England to win the world cup than a 4th place finish for Villa.

Still rather prefer Villa to win any cup (or the league obviously) than England win the World Cup though (not including The Peace Cup!)

England every time.

But then i have followed England a fair bit in the past.

My love for both is fairly equal i'd say, so an england World Cup win V Villa 4th is a no contest

100% England for me.

If the Question was Villa winning the League, then it would be Villa 100%.

The jubilation i would get from England winning the world cup would far outweigh us finishing 4th. I would be on the p!ss for days, i would be able to stick 2 fingers up at all the foreigners that i know that always slag off the England team and i could do this for 4 years! I have loads of English friends that support other teams and we could all celebrate this together.

Villa finishing 4th would be superb, but would i go on the p!ss for days, i doubt it. If we won the League then yes. It could also be very short lived as we could go out in the Qualifying games and not even get to the group stages.

If you'd asked me this question forty years ago I'd have said England in a heartbeat. But that was when I was a kid who'd actually SEEN England win the WC in 1966, and been gutted when we went out in 1970.

Then when I went to University in 1972 I shared a flat with three other football fans (Chelsea, Forest and Wednesday) and we had this same debate - I was deeply shocked that they all chose club over country.

But over the years, the more I've thought about it, the more I've moved to the other camp. I'm now so disillusioned and cynical about Ingerlund I agree with the poster who said they'd rather see Villa win a corner.

I mean, I'll watch it, and I expect I'll get more into it if they do well, but (like most posters here) I detest most of the players and I won't be particularly bothered when we go out in the usual embarrassing fashion.

Ironically (as one who believes the national coach should be English), I do like Capello though.

My loyalties are with Villa.. but I voted England because winning the world cup is a much greater acheivement than finishing 4th in the Prem.