Who will top the group?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will top the group?

• Argentina
    • Nigeria
    • South Korea
    • Greece

[table color=#D9E2EC:3bce9d09f9]

[mrow color=#8c333c:3bce9d09f9][mcol]Group B[mcol]P[mcol]W[mcol]D[mcol]L[mcol]F[mcol]A[mcol]Pts[mcol]GD

[mrow][col]Argentina[mcol]2[mcol]2[mcol]0[mcol]0[mcol]5[mcol]1[mcol]6[mcol]4

[mrow][col]South Korea[mcol]2[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]1[mcol]3[mcol]4[mcol]3[mcol]-1

[mrow][col]Greece[mcol]2[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]1[mcol]2[mcol]3[mcol]3[mcol]-1

[mrow][col]Nigeria[mcol]2[mcol]0[mcol]0[mcol]2[mcol]1[mcol]3[mcol]0[mcol]-2

[/table]

[table color=#D9E2EC:3bce9d09f9]

[mrow color=#8c333c:3bce9d09f9][mcol]No[mcol]Date[mcol]K.O.[mcol]Team[mcol]Score[mcol]Team[mcol]Venue[mcol]TV[mcol]Scorers

[mrow][col]3[mcol]12/6[mcol]15:00[mcol]Argentina[mcol]1 - 0[mcol]Nigeria[mcol]Johannesburg - JEP[mcol]BBC 1[mcol]Heinze 6'

[mrow][col]4[mcol]12/6[mcol]12:30[mcol]South Korea[mcol]2 - 0[mcol]Greece[mcol]Port Elizabeth[mcol]ITV 1[mcol]Lee 7', Park 52'

[mrow][col]19[mcol]17/6[mcol]15:00[mcol]Greece[mcol]2 -1[mcol]Nigeria[mcol]Bloemfontein[mcol]BBC 1[mcol]Uche 16', Salpingidis 44', Torosidis 71'

[mrow][col]20[mcol]17/6[mcol]12:30[mcol]Argentina[mcol]4 - 1[mcol]South Korea[mcol]Johannesburg - JSC[mcol]ITV 1[mcol]Park 17' (OG), Higuain 33', 76', 80', Lee 45' (+1)

[mrow][col]35[mcol]22/6[mcol]19:30[mcol]Nigeria[mcol]-[mcol]South Korea[mcol]Durban[mcol]BBC 3[mcol]-

[mrow][col]36[mcol]22/6[mcol]19:30[mcol]Greece[mcol]-[mcol]Argentina[mcol]Polokwane[mcol]BBC 1[mcol]-[/table]

Can't see past Argentina. Again, like France, I believe the coach could be their downfall if any but the striking options they have are unbelieveable. I'm going for a surprise and Nigeria to go through with them.

Can't see past Argentina. Again, like France, I believe the coach could be their downfall if any but the striking options they have are unbelieveable. I'm going for a surprise and Nigeria to go through with them.

Dont think Nigeria would be any more surprising than the other teams.

The coach is a mentalist though, and the team will go through despite him, not because of him.

I think Nigeria will get through the group aswell either though their team is very much like Argentina's in being unbalanced with so many attacking players and it not being a patch on their 1998 team (can't believe Kanu is still there!)

Argentina and Nigeria top two I reckon.

Easiest group by a mile for a seed

Argentina will walk away with it and people criticize the manager but they were 6th and hadnt won for 7 games when he got the job. Reminds me of Scolari and brazil in 2002 dont write him off.

Greece are a awful awful team who will make Fat Sam's teams look like Total Football.

Nigeria have a tactical coach now so might be good to get them through but I like South Korea they have energy and a few players to change games liek that lad from Bolton.

For me Argentina and Korea

i wonder who voted for greece :winkold:

Greece are a awful awful team who will make Fat Sam's teams look like Total Football.

hey! we are not that bad! im hoping we can sneak 2nd but im not too optimstic! i think nigeria will edge it

Easiest group by a mile for a seed

Argentina will walk away with it and people criticize the manager but they were 6th and hadnt won for 7 games when he got the job. Reminds me of Scolari and brazil in 2002 dont write him off.

Nigeria have a tactical coach now so might be good to get them through but I like South Korea they have energy and a few players to change games liek that lad from Bolton.

For me Argentina and Korea

It's only fair, they were in the group of death for the last 2 world cups. I think Argentina will be very pleased with this group and will get 9 points. Greece second but only just. Nigeria have a few good individual players like odemwingie and yobo but this is prbably the weakest team they have sent to a world cup. Kanu still gets a game, and he can't even get in the portsmouth team :shock:

I think Greece will top the group. They are the exact opposite of Argentina; they are boring, predictable, but they get the job done and always get surprise results.

Whereas Argentina are exciting, flamboyant and full of gifted players - but so unpredictable you just don't know which Argentina team will turn up. There have been strange decisions from Maradona which no-one but he can understand, and World Class players being left out of the squad because they can't fit them all in. Having Tevez, Milito, Aguero and Messi is fantastic, but can Maradona fit them all in - and will he jeapordise the balance of the team to not risk upsetting his key players?

All in all, I think Greece's boringness will get them through as group winners - with Argentina second.

I hope I'm very wrong, hate to see the boring teams getting through, but remember Greece won the European Championships when no-one expected them to do anything (OK, a different team to what they have now) and the African Nations is nearly always won by Egypt, despite them not having any of the 'big name' players in Africa in their squad. Italy and Germany always do well too.

Never underestimate the power of Boring.

I've got the Argies and Nigeria going through from that group, even without Mikel in midfield, I think with Martins and Yakubu up front and Yobo at the back, they should have enough quality to see them through in second.

Â