WC 2010: Group A Chat Topic (S.Africa etc)

bickster

Who will top the group?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will top the group?

• France
    • Mexico
    • South Africa
    • Uruguay

Proving that Domenech doesn't have exclusive rights on the bat shit and squirrel shit craziness going around the French camp, William Gallas has started a media boycott in protest at Domenech making Patrice Evra the captain in Henry's (first team) absence.

Story

Gallas Goes On Protest: Will Boycott The Media Throughout World Cup

French defender William Gallas has imposed a media gag on himself to protest against coach Raymond Domenech.

Domenech decided to hand Patrice Evra the captain's armband after it was revealed regular captain Thierry Henry would play the role of an impact substitute throughout the World Cup.

Being the elder statesman in the team, Gallas would have expected to be named skipper in Titi's stead but the eccentric Domenech chose Evra instead.

In a fit of pique, the Arsenal man has decided not to speak to the media throughout the World Cup.

A French spokesman said: "William has decided not to speak with the media throughout the World Cup."

Gallas has a reputation as a trouble-maker even at the club level, with his meltdown when Arsenal played Birmingham two seasons ago still fresh in the minds of Gunners fans.

Arsenal were leading 2-1 going into injury time when they conceded a penalty that allowed the Blues to level the score.

Gallas, then the captain of the side, threw a tantrum right on the pitch - kicking the hoardings and ranting at his teammates. The Gunners - who were leading the Premier League at the time - went on to finish third in the final standings.

Arsene Wenger stripped Gallas of the captaincy and handed it to Cesc Fabregas for the next season.

This was also the game in which Eduardo was the victim of a horrific tackle that saw him sidelined for more than nine months.

"I don't want any contravery so I am publically going to declare that I am so infuriated with this **** awful decision that I may explode into fits of anger and rant like a french lunatic if I am asked the question."

Yep, you should slip nicely under the radar now William.

"I don't want any contravery so I am publically going to declare that I am so infuriated with this **** awful decision that I may explode into fits of anger and rant like a french lunatic if I am asked the question."

Controversy??

Anyway I don't think France will get through now. Just done some research on Uruguay, they are actually pretty decent, this is a better group then I first thought.

Controversy??

Anyway I don't think France will get through now. Just done some research on Uruguay, they are actually pretty decent, this is a better group then I first thought.

I think France will scrape through but you are right. Along with the hosts (where a host nation has not failed to qualify for at least the second round at any world cup, I think) this could be very competitive.

EDIT: And obviously Mexico.

France and Uruguay is almost certain to be a high scoring game tommorow, Tabarez (Uruguay manager) has took out Gargano of Napoli, which I'm not happy about, probably due to the fact he nearly injured Forlan in training. If anyone doesn't know their starting eleven and needs to know for fantasy football purposes etc it is:

Muslera

Victorino Lugano Godin

M Pereira Arevalo Perez A Pereira

Nacho Gonzalez

Forlan Suarez

Uruguay should hurt France from set pieces, but will be very vulnerable at the back with France using wingers. On the other hand Uruguay look to attack down the middle using Gonzalez whenever possible, meaning they can easily exploit a less then comfortable partnership of Gallas and Abidal.

My prediction for this game at the moment is a 2-2 draw, expect lots of counter attacking football.

Anelka told Domenech to "go screw yourself, dirty son of a whore" in the dressing room at the Peter Mokaba Stadium in Polokwane after the coach criticised his first-half performance.

The outburst came after Domenech told Anelka to stop straying out of position during France's 2-0 defeat

:shock:

I heard about that. There was also an exchange between henry and domenech. I don't understand why when france were losing, the manager did not bring on a striker. Cisse and Henry were warming up. I think France will actually win their last game 0-2 against south africa. But that will not be enough to go through. Because even if Uruguay win, and they therfore have equal points with mexico, their goal difference and head to head will cost them.

A French guy on Twitter

"Word here in France is that several players are ready to come back home today. The Anelka story just the tip of the iceberg."

Jonathan Stevenson mentioned it on the BBC live text during the Australia/Ghana game.

Â