WC 2010: Group A Chat Topic (S.Africa etc)

bickster

Who will top the group?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will top the group?

• France
    • Mexico
    • South Africa
    • Uruguay

Wonder what Mssrs Platini and Blatter would do then???? (after immediatley striking England off the 2018 host list!)

They'd back-track on the 'no video assistance' decision they made, that's for sure.

France except for Anelka were dreadful vs Ireland and I see them going out early as Mexico and Uruguay are actually better teams plus South Africa are hosts and will get odd referee decisions

Watched a lot of Uruguay and a fair bit of France and Mexico.

This is by far the toughest group to call in the whole tournament. The Mexicans as I think I heard someone mention on here will peak in the groups as they have had several games lately to get prepared. The French are awful under Domenech but have shown signs of improvement recently even though haven't had the results they wanted. Uruguay are always likely to score but playing a very open formation meaning they can very easily concede too. Finally you have the host nation who always usually perform in the group stages.

Mexico v Uruguay is a very feisty fixture, throughout history they have had great rivalry on the pitch with Mexico usually getting the edge, I expect them to beat Uruguay again. On the other hand Uruguay have always given the French a game a I do expect them to beat them on the opening day to give Domenech even more pressure.

Mexico 7pts

Uruguay 4pts

France 4pts

South Africa 1pt

Well, I want to see Mexico and France through as I've pulled them in the sweeps at work, but I'm almost certain Uruguay are a dead cert to make the next round. Luis Suarez sat just behind Forlan and Cavani? **** terrifying.

This is an interesting group. SA has the advantage of being the home team...and that counts for a lot in the WC.....

France is formidable, but very beatable.

I picked Uruguay to win it. France or SA 2nd.

Well, I want to see Mexico and France through as I've pulled them in the sweeps at work, but I'm almost certain Uruguay are a dead cert to make the next round. Luis Suarez sat just behind Forlan and Cavani? **** terrifying.

Naaaa Suarez and Forlan play up front with Nacho Gonzalez behind them. He's a very good playmaker but had big injury problems. They also have the beast that is Diego Lugano at CB.

1/Uruguay

2/ Mexico

Goodbye France :-)

Would mean a Mexico vs Argentina rematch in 2nd Round whch would be amazing.

Their game in 2006 was best World Cup game in a long time. Absolute brilliant

Weren't it Maxi that won it? I can't remember, I know he scored a cracker past Mexico though. Would be a good rematch that.

I think it's one of the better groups. Uruguay and Mexico are both decent sides, France are nowhere near as good as teams in years past and then you have the hosts.

Â