WC 2010: Group A Chat Topic (S.Africa etc)

bickster

Who will top the group?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will top the group?

• France
    • Mexico
    • South Africa
    • Uruguay

[table color=#D9E2EC:c6f9f9b56c]

[mrow color=#8c333c:c6f9f9b56c][mcol]Group A[mcol]P[mcol]W[mcol]D[mcol]L[mcol]F[mcol]A[mcol]Pts[mcol]GD

[mrow][col]Uruguay[mcol]2[mcol]1[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]3[mcol]0[mcol]4[mcol]3

[mrow][col]Mexico[mcol]2[mcol]1[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]3[mcol]1[mcol]4[mcol]2

[mrow][col]France[mcol]2[mcol]0[mcol]1[mcol]1[mcol]0[mcol]2[mcol]1[mcol]-2

[mrow][col]S.Africa[mcol]2[mcol]0[mcol]1[mcol]1[mcol]1[mcol]4[mcol]1[mcol]-3

[/table]

[table color=#D9E2EC:c6f9f9b56c]

[mrow color=#8c333c:c6f9f9b56c][mcol]No[mcol]Date[mcol]K.O.[mcol]Team[mcol]Score[mcol]Team[mcol]Venue[mcol]TV[mcol]Scorers

[mrow][col]1[mcol]11/6[mcol]15:00[mcol]South Africa[mcol]1 - 1[mcol]Mexico[mcol]Johannesburg - JSC[mcol]ITV 1[mcol]Tshabalala 55', R Marquez 79'.

[mrow][col]2[mcol]11/6[mcol]19:30[mcol]Uruguay[mcol]0 - 0[mcol]France[mcol]Cape Town[mcol]BBC 1[mcol]-

[mrow][col]17[mcol]16/6[mcol]19:30[mcol]South Africa[mcol]0 - 3[mcol]Uruguay[mcol]Pretoria[mcol]BBC 1[mcol]Forlan 24', 80 (Pen), Periera 90 (+3)

[mrow][col]18[mcol]17/6[mcol]19:30[mcol]France[mcol]0 - 2[mcol]Mexico[mcol]Polokwane[mcol]BBC 1[mcol]Hernandez 64', Blanco (Pen) 79'

[mrow][col]33[mcol]22/6[mcol]15:00[mcol]Mexico[mcol]-[mcol]Uruguay[mcol]Rustenberg[mcol]ITV 4[mcol]-

[mrow][col]34[mcol]22/6[mcol]15:00[mcol]France[mcol]-[mcol]South Africa[mcol]Blomfontein[mcol]ITV 1[mcol]-[/table]

Whats the draw in the SA game and Uruguay? The first match is ALWAYS a draw its the law ;-)

Unless I'm missing something, there hasn't been a draw in the opening game since 1986.

I'm going for home advantage and World Cup fever carrying South Africa to a shock group win, plys the French are a bit shit.

Weren't they also a bit shit going into the last World Cup as well though?

Whats the draw in the SA game and Uruguay? The first match is ALWAYS a draw its the law ;-)

Unless I'm missing something, there hasn't been a draw in the opening game since 1986.

I know, its just me taking piss out of an old cliche though I do have a suspicion this opener will be a draw

I'm going for home advantage and World Cup fever carrying South Africa to a shock group win, plys the French are a bit shit.

Can't see South Africa getting more than one win, if that. They really are an awful side. I do agree that home advantage could push them on though, however I would think the most they can hope for is one win. It could see them go through depending on how other results go. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they finish bottom though.

Every side in the group is better than them in my opinion.

Can't see South Africa getting more than one win, if that. They really are an awful side. I do agree that home advantage could push them on though, however I would think the most they can hope for is one win. It could see them go through depending on how other results go. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they finish bottom though.

Every side in the group is better than them in my opinion.

We will see mate, we will see.

Home nations, normally although not always raise their game and we know FIFA loves the home nation to progress and for it to be an African nation would be even more desirable for them.

Who knows they may even benefit from some kind decisions from officials, when hosts South Korea managed to reach a Semi Final I don't think a prediction of a South Africa group win is too outlandish.

Part of me wants us (England) to meet France in the quarters and then go through on a dubious goal (maybe a Rooney handball!!!)

Wonder what Mssrs Platini and Blatter would do then???? (after immediatley striking England off the 2018 host list!)

Â