Scientific Experiment V2#10-MON(thly)(ish) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes - MON can take us forward
    • No - end of the road

Stealing an idea from the long lost and dearly lamented IainG (even if he couldn't spell his own name)

Quick one, no discussion needed. Based on current feelings only, should he stay or go?

Will repeat the poll on a weekly [edit]MONTHLY[/edit] basis until we get bored or he is replaced.

Yes - it is that time of month again, well no, we actually missed a month. So what do WE think? Previous result here

And since then we've had:

LWLDWWWLL

Poll open for 28 days.....

Habitual drunkeness I'm afraid. It should have been the weekend of the (1-0) hammering of the blose, so I think it may have skewed a little by that result anyway.

I'm not going to vote just yet. I'd rather leave it until the end of the close season. I genuinely believe that this summer is the one which will define MON as Villa's manager. I think a small minority are unhappy with his tenure but I am still optimistic that he'll pull off a couple of wow signings. Last summer he had to concentrate on the defence, hardly a wow factor place to concentrate on to be fair. This time, we need creativity and that means being more imaginative. I wait with baited breath.

Will we be doing this every month Gringo or at some point can we all accept that the majority of fans want Martin to stay? :winkold: By the way, my vote remains yes. :lol:

62% only last time.

What a joke.

Of course yes, can only judge the manager on what he has achieved and his results and they have been positive and deserving to stay at the club. I don't know O'Neill, I don't know his plans, what he's thinking, who is coming in, what he's trying to do to change the style of play, all of that is guess work, I'm basing my decision on what he has achieved and therefore yes he should still be here.

All things considered, he's spent a fair bit, we're not overachieving, but we're not underachieving either. He's doing a good job and laying solid foundations, my only gripe, I wish we were a bit more entertaining. This summer we need to keep hold of our star men and add more quality, first and foremost.

Going back to the entertainment gripe, I don't mind how we do it, if we win trophies I'm happy. However, purely as a spectator, next season I'd like us to work on our general play. It might sound crass, but I don't mind being the runners up so much, (as we have been this season) if we do it in style. But if we're going to be the perpetual nearly men, give me something to take from it, entertainment! I understand that's purely a subjective view.

That kinda touches upon how I feel, there's so many if's and but's but I'm generally happy and appreciate we have a very competent manager, I'll leave it at that.

I genuinely believe that this summer is the one which will define MON as Villa's manager.
If I recall well, that's what a lot of people said last summer.

And the one before...

not sure why people would have said it two years ago :?

Last summer, was the end of our first season where we'd got ourselves briefly up to possibly challenging for 4th. This season was our first when we started as amongst the prominent challengers with Spurs and City. Now after finishing 6th twice, it's going to be interesting to see what tack is taken. Every year it gets harder. There will be a time, when 6th is no longer enough, like Arsenal fans getting frustrated with a top 3 finish for 5 years but no trophies: Yes, it's certainly not bad at all, but is there scope for them / us to genuinely challenge to do better under the current management?

It is a big year really, are we going to be falling away and fighting our own battle with Liverpool and Everton for 6th again, or we will throw heavy weight towards trying to muscle in with City and Spurs?

I voted end of the road, because although i think MON should still be the manager, i don't think he can take us to a higher league position. Now don't get me wrong i would love us to break the top four, but i don't think MON can do it, especially with the limited funds we understandably have.

I genuinely believe that this summer is the one which will define MON as Villa's manager.
If I recall well, that's what a lot of people said last summer.

And the one before...

not sure why people would have said it two years ago :?
Not sure why they did either, but they did. I've never heard anyone say "this isn't an important summer".