Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

14 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Lost in Space season 2 : Universe's most suicidal family find more & more stupid ways to try and kill themselves

Only finished season 1 the other day with my lad and quite enjoyed it.

know what you mean about them endangering themselves at any given minute though :D 

Finally got around to Watchmen - I’m not convinced it’s brilliant but enjoying it nonetheless.

onto Episode 6 already but wondering how it’s all going to pull together with only 3 more to go. 

I’ve seen the 2009 film but never read the graphic novels so interested in how, if at all loyal it is to the source material. I kind of get the impression this almost unofficially follows on from the movie/novels. 

28 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Finally got around to Watchmen - I’m not convinced it’s brilliant but enjoying it nonetheless.

onto Episode 6 already but wondering how it’s all going to pull together with only 3 more to go. 

I’ve seen the 2009 film but never read the graphic novels so interested in how, if at all loyal it is to the source material. I kind of get the impression this almost unofficially follows on from the movie/novels. 

It’s a straight up sequel to the novel, set 30 years later. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Loving the Gavin and Stacy Xmastackular. 

So it’s your fault

my parents had it on, can’t remember exactly what was said but corden was at the door, said gavlar threw out a god awful unfunny joke and they both danced

its not as bad as mrs brown but it’s in the same ballpark

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So it’s your fault

my parents had it on, can’t remember exactly what was said but corden was at the door, said gavlar threw out a god awful unfunny joke and they both danced

its not as bad as mrs brown but it’s in the same ballpark

Bah-humbug

I binged Godless for a second time. Jeff Daniels has to be one of the most underrated actors ever. His role as Frank Griffiths is up there with his Gettysburg portrayal of Joshua Chamberlain. How he made such a ruthless character almost endearing is testament to a fine piece of acting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

It felt a bit forced, for me, at times. 

I agree, loved it, when it was first out. But thus Christmas one, was just a repetition of old jokes. The scene mentioned above with the dancing on the doorstep, done before. Dawn and Pete, same old. Even “Neil the baby” was pushing it. 

They’ve no doubt got a series lined up, after the “cliffhanger” and I’ll watch it, but it does need some improvement 

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

As said it's positioned as a sequel to the graphic novel. It follows the canon of the way the graphic novel ended, that was considered too daft for the film.

It has barely anything to do with it otherwise, besides being set in the world as it was after the events of the novel, and some returning characters. Sometimes in name only in essence.

It's basically using the property to play with different themes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I agree, loved it, when it was first out. But thus Christmas one, was just a repetition of old jokes. The scene mentioned above with the dancing on the doorstep, done before. Dawn and Pete, same old. Even “Neil the baby” was pushing it. 

They’ve no doubt got a series lined up, after the “cliffhanger” and I’ll watch it, but it does need some improvement 

It's like that " Fools and Horses" humour, it's never as funny as you first thought. 

After a lot of trying I've finally managed to register my prime account in Germany unlocking German language and subtitles meaning the missus can watch stuff

Her pick we started with taken... 

I've already watched goliath, vikings, good omens and man in the high castle, plan on watching Mr robot

Anything else? Does anyone watch Mrs maisel? 

Edited by villa4europe

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

After a lot of trying I've finally managed to register my prime account in Germany unlocking German language and subtitles meaning the missus can watch stuff

I've already watched goliath, vikings, good omens and man in the high castle, plan on watching Mr robot

Bosch, Sneaky Pete, Startup are all on Prime and worth trying out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Mr Robot is **** amazing! 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Does anyone watch Mrs maisel? 

Yeah, we're just four episodes in, and I think it's pretty good. Mind you, I can (just) remember the era, and I'm interested in that whole Lenny Bruce/Greenwich Village scene. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Have just discovered the first 400 or so episodes of home and away are on Amazon so me & the wife have just spent the last 90 minutes watching the pilot. God it's shit but nice to reminisce I guess

• Like 1

Star Trek: Discovery (season 2).

After being handed the hospital pass of literal mushroom powered space travel in season 1. The writing team had to resort to that old McGuffin of time travel to wrangle their way out of it.

Spoiler

It is worth hanging in there through it, as even though the discovery crew is so damn PC and especially the appalling Sonequa Martin-Green, who ruins almost every scene she is in are still present... they are no more by season end, and will hopefully be no more than bit part guest appearances in the future. Something resembling regular old Trek in a pre-Kirk enterprise is now established.

Spoiler

But no.... fookers have decided that season 3 will have us follow Ms. Emotional Whisperer and her band of misfits 900 yrs in the future :( 

Bastards!

8 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Have just discovered the first 400 or so episodes of home and away are on Amazon so me & the wife have just spent the last 90 minutes watching the pilot. God it's shit but nice to reminisce I guess

How the tell did flathead Fisher get into Marilyn's knickers?! 

• Haha 3

Â