Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I have to say Fringe is really losing it's way. It just seems to be going over and over the same things now. Think it should end very soon.

Also, Californication has started to get really good again, I weren't too sure on how the new story line would work but it seems to have really come into it's own, and is quite refreshing. Hank Moody rocks!

After a very slow and ominously boring start, the new season of Californication is getting good. Sunday's episode was excellent, in spite of the over-reliance on flashback scenes. Too much shock humour in the early episodes (especially revolving around Runkle) but the signs are good for an entertaining 2nd half of the season.

I'm hoping Fringe will take an upturn. It has kind of gone stale of late but it's still entertaining and I'm still curious as to where it will end up. I just hope they don't start trying to be too clever and end up making the timelines/universes/time travel elements too difficult to keep up with. If they do that then it's a sign that they've lost their way. Or jumped the shark as some put it :)

Anyone seen "The River" ?

Watched part 1 and 2 last night. Basically they are trying to find a missing explorer type bloke in the amazon. Watch it in the dark also and loud :-)

9.5 out of 10 for both episodes. If you have a real good Home Theatre system then this is for you also as it's in the jungle so real amazing sounds from all over the place.

i watched friday night lights, it was good IMO not spoiling anything i liked the craziness of a whole town supporting the high school football team to the extent that the players on local tv, seems mindblowing, it is a little hollywood at the end but im hoping thats just the pilot

The_River_Premiere_Poster.jpg

Anyone else watched this? Its quite interesting alot like Paranormal activity and co directed by spielberg in the way its shot with from a first person perspective e.t.c i think its really good but it will probably get cancelled after 7 or so episodes

i watched friday night lights, it was good IMO not spoiling anything i liked the craziness of a whole town supporting the high school football team to the extent that the players on local tv, seems mindblowing, it is a little hollywood at the end but im hoping thats just the pilot

Watched the first episode last night.

It was really good, enjoyed it a lot. It was a little predictable, but I like the premise and already like some of the characters. Promising.

New girl is quite good actually.

But then I'm also part of the deschanel obsession club.

I know she was my example in the 'Things you don't get thread', but any nudity/near nudity?

Nope, none so far.

Doubt there will be any either, she's not that type. Shame really but that's part of the allure.

i watched one episode (the thanksgiving one). it was ok, but i wasn't as funny as i thought/hoped. did i happen to pick the worst episode?

My Sky box hasn't been this happy in a while. Fringe, Spartacus, Good Wife, Pointless, Walking Dead, WDYTYA, Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. It's all good :)

just started The Vampire Diaries.

needed something easy to watch, where you don't have to hear every word (due to baby crying), and it doesn't matter if you have to keep pausing (due to baby puking, pooing, etc)

anyway, 2 episodes in, and it seems to be decent enough.

i tried True Blood first, but found it awful. too 'small redneck town' for my liking.

i tried True Blood first, but found it awful. too 'small redneck town' for my liking.
I found it very geared towards women viewers too. The missus loved it. I thought it was gash.

Â