AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, chappy said:

Who is America? Episode 2

Town meeting... obviously outrageous views but he orchestrated it very well

Reveal hidden contents

so you prefer option 2 

?

It's been superb so far.

The only thing is, it's so toe curlingly cringy, I keep getting cramp in my feet! 

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

Might give it a go then but it still screams Jessica Rabbit at me. Not sure I've ever liked the real people/cartoon crossover stuff. I think it's because I'm unable to suspend my disbelief

Just watch the first episode and if it’s not to your tastes don’t bother with it. It’s a very marmite show I’ll give it that.

18 hours ago, dubbs said:

Anyone watched Happy on Netflix? Enjoyably wierd series. Bear with me,  but it's about a US down and out detective using a missing girls imaginary friend to help find her.  Did I mention the imaginary friend is a blue flying unicorn??

Yeah I loved it. Thought it was excellent. Meloni is brilliant in it! 

Genuinely surprising, I loved how dark and brutal it was whilst keeping a really light humorous tone. My kinda series that. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Might give it a go then but it still screams Jessica Rabbit at me. Not sure I've ever liked the real people/cartoon crossover stuff. I think it's because I'm unable to suspend my disbelief

Why did you have to mention her, I'm trying to work! 

*sighs forlornly, unzips trousers and reaches for the hand cream* 

D1015B96-0129-461F-984E-491E83C6BB40-594-000000889D02565B.jpeg

Couldnt get on with Who Is America, gave up pretty early as I felt SBC schtick was a little outdated, and he made me like the Republicans he was having dinner with. I watched Ed Balls last night and enjoyed his show a lot more. It was less sneering and less lets laugh at these people.

Finished Season 1 of Handmaid's Tale.

It's brilliant.

Unfortunately Season 2 isn't on 4OD/Sky yet so I'm stuck. (well it's on there but only from E7 onwards)

• Like 1

On 25/07/2018 at 12:55, Nath182 said:

Strangest episode ever! Episode 8 is quite good too, not so much funny but quite nice (dedicated to the actor that plays Alfred's mother that died last year). 

I really enjoyed season 2, brilliant TV.

Episode 8 was quite nice but a bit dull to be honest.

Just saw the episode where they go to a college to play at Pajama Jam. That one was hilarious.

On the plane back yesterday I watched majority of the first series of Future Man. It’s pretty good. Only 30 min  episodes, easy viewing with some laughs. A light hearted cross between Terminator and Back to the Future. The guy who plays Wolf is so funny.

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Just saw this on an IGN video. Can’t wait. First season is massively massively underrated. One of my favourite things on Netflix and the lack of news all this time was worrying but they’ve done well to keep it under wraps for so long. So excited for season 2 now!

I just need Flaked Season 3 now but I highly doubt that will ever happen. Please Netflix gods.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Just saw this on an IGN video. Can’t wait. First season is massively massively underrated. One of my favourite things on Netflix and the lack of news all this time was worrying but they’ve done well to keep it under wraps for so long. So excited for season 2 now!

I just need Flaked Season 3 now but I highly doubt that will ever happen. Please Netflix gods.

I'd say overlooked rather than underrated mate. Whenever I've read / heard reviews it's always highly regarded.

It's also the show that turned me into a genuine fan of Bateman. I always found him irritating before this.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2018 at 09:04, Ingram85 said:

I’m with you Dubbs. Give the premise a chance and you are rewarded with a fantastic show with an almost Max Payne mixed with batman/Gotham city style comic book atmosphere full of great characters. Its batshit crazy and funny in parts then really quite dark and brutal in others. One of my favourite shows so far on Netflix. Loved it.

Yep Im with you here.  Got a real style to it too, real break from the usual fare.

Meloni absolutely steals the show though, perfect for the role!

If the thought of the first episode of Handmaid's Tale made you question whether or not to continue as it was too disturbing, you possibly should not continue. It is superb, but season 2 in particular is grotesque. 

Decided to finish off Lost in Space yesterday after pausing after 5 episodes for months.

I still find most of the characters completely unlikeable. The mom and Judy in particular are proper nauses. Don, Penny, Will, Robot and the Dad are all great but literally everyone else in this series are just real knobheads. The praise for Posey’s take on Smith is over blown too, nothing special at all. 

But despite all this negativity I quite like it, the story really meanders at times and is just flat out boring but then it’ll kick into gear and take off somewhere really interesting and deep. The Will/Robot arc was brilliant. Overall the story kept me watching 80% of the time.

Second season really needs to shed the deadweight storywise and treat us to truly alien worlds and characters. Oh and kill the mom off too. That or change her character/personality to someone you actually don’t wish to see shredded to bits by some alien creature.

6.5/10

Â