Jump to content
Folski

Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

Recommended Posts

Not really been feeling the last season or this one of Preacher, really liked the first one thou.

Spoiler

But the Messiah tap dance this episode was hilarious.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the Handmaid’s Tale spoilers on the previous page going by Channel 4 or U.S. scheduling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Are the Handmaid’s Tale spoilers on the previous page going by Channel 4 or U.S. scheduling?

US. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2018 at 12:49, Designer1 said:

Really enjoying Sharp Objects.

Does it improve? I'm 2 episodes in and I'm bored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting through Atlanta and it's a rollercoaster for me.

Some of it is brilliant, some of it is hilarious, some of it is boring and some of it is bizarre.

Just had the episode where Darius goes to get a piano... It was amazing.

 

Still a lot of the episodes leave me a bit cold. I feel like the whole show is really good, but could be even better. it's like it's missing something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

 

Just had the episode where Darius goes to get a piano... It was amazing.

 

 

I didn't realise at the time but in the piano episode Donald Glover plays the weird white dude. Maybe you noticed that? 

I love Atlanta.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Getting through Atlanta and it's a rollercoaster for me.

Some of it is brilliant, some of it is hilarious, some of it is boring and some of it is bizarre.

Just had the episode where Darius goes to get a piano... It was amazing.

 

Still a lot of the episodes leave me a bit cold. I feel like the whole show is really good, but could be even better. it's like it's missing something.

Strangest episode ever! Episode 8 is quite good too, not so much funny but quite nice (dedicated to the actor that plays Alfred's mother that died last year). 

I really enjoyed season 2, brilliant TV.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I didn't realise at the time but in the piano episode Donald Glover plays the weird white dude. Maybe you noticed that? 

I love Atlanta.

Ha, I'm annoyed that I didn't notice that.

I assumed it was a black guy, so should have made that connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im on episode 4 of atlanta, most of it just ticks along nicely but then each episode seems to have a proper belly laugh moment

Spoiler

think it was episode 3 where the guy is the car on the phone telling DG where he takes his bitches and how he likes to treat them and then the camera pans round and he's in the car with his missus "i know you aint listening in on my calls" that tickled me

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone watched Happy on Netflix? Enjoyably wierd series. Bear with me,  but it's about a US down and out detective using a missing girls imaginary friend to help find her.  Did I mention the imaginary friend is a blue flying unicorn??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/07/2018 at 21:14, Davkaus said:

I commented on this a few months. Let us know how you get on. It gets progressively more ludicrous in its concept, and exponentially more aggressive with its gung ho "we're american, leaders of the world, god bless the stars and stripes" bullshit.

19 episodes in. 

You are right, it does get more and more ludicrous. The initial incident is enough to carry a season but there is so much other stuff going on as well. 

I am enjoying it though! Easy watching as well, think I did 6 episodes in one night once - I haven't binged like that since 24 and Lost! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dubbs said:

Anyone watched Happy on Netflix? Enjoyably wierd series. Bear with me,  but it's about a US down and out detective using a missing girls imaginary friend to help find her.  Did I mention the imaginary friend is a blue flying unicorn??

Every review I've seen says it's surprisingly alright, but there's just no chance I'm watching that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Every review I've seen says it's surprisingly alright, but there's just no chance I'm watching that. 

Same for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Every review I've seen says it's surprisingly alright, but there's just no chance I'm watching that. 

 

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Same for me

Why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

La Casa de Papel was quite good on Netflix though not taking everything serious is definite good idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is America? Episode 2

 

Town meeting... obviously outrageous views but he orchestrated it very well

 

so you prefer option 2 

?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dubbs said:

 

Why not?

I’m with you Dubbs. Give the premise a chance and you are rewarded with a fantastic show with an almost Max Payne mixed with batman/Gotham city style comic book atmosphere full of great characters. Its batshit crazy and funny in parts then really quite dark and brutal in others. One of my favourite shows so far on Netflix. Loved it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/07/2018 at 12:42, Stevo985 said:

Getting through Atlanta and it's a rollercoaster for me.

Some of it is brilliant, some of it is hilarious, some of it is boring and some of it is bizarre.

Just had the episode where Darius goes to get a piano... It was amazing.

 

Still a lot of the episodes leave me a bit cold. I feel like the whole show is really good, but could be even better. it's like it's missing something.

The 'Teddy Perkins' episode?

One of the best things I've seen for a while comedy wise. Brilliant TV

Did you have a look at who played 'Teddy'

Edit: Didn't read thread properly. People already know. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...
Â