Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 17/07/2018 at 12:49, Designer1 said:

Really enjoying Sharp Objects.

Does it improve? I'm 2 episodes in and I'm bored.

Getting through Atlanta and it's a rollercoaster for me.

Some of it is brilliant, some of it is hilarious, some of it is boring and some of it is bizarre.

Just had the episode where Darius goes to get a piano... It was amazing.

Still a lot of the episodes leave me a bit cold. I feel like the whole show is really good, but could be even better. it's like it's missing something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't realise at the time but in the piano episode Donald Glover plays the weird white dude. Maybe you noticed that? 

I love Atlanta.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Some of it is brilliant, some of it is hilarious, some of it is boring and some of it is bizarre.

Still a lot of the episodes leave me a bit cold. I feel like the whole show is really good, but could be even better. it's like it's missing something.

Strangest episode ever! Episode 8 is quite good too, not so much funny but quite nice (dedicated to the actor that plays Alfred's mother that died last year). 

I really enjoyed season 2, brilliant TV.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I didn't realise at the time but in the piano episode Donald Glover plays the weird white dude. Maybe you noticed that? 

I love Atlanta.

Ha, I'm annoyed that I didn't notice that.

I assumed it was a black guy, so should have made that connection.

im on episode 4 of atlanta, most of it just ticks along nicely but then each episode seems to have a proper belly laugh moment

Spoiler

think it was episode 3 where the guy is the car on the phone telling DG where he takes his bitches and how he likes to treat them and then the camera pans round and he's in the car with his missus "i know you aint listening in on my calls" that tickled me

Anyone watched Happy on Netflix? Enjoyably wierd series. Bear with me,  but it's about a US down and out detective using a missing girls imaginary friend to help find her.  Did I mention the imaginary friend is a blue flying unicorn??

On 21/07/2018 at 21:14, Davkaus said:

I commented on this a few months. Let us know how you get on. It gets progressively more ludicrous in its concept, and exponentially more aggressive with its gung ho "we're american, leaders of the world, god bless the stars and stripes" bullshit.

19 episodes in. 

You are right, it does get more and more ludicrous. The initial incident is enough to carry a season but there is so much other stuff going on as well. 

I am enjoying it though! Easy watching as well, think I did 6 episodes in one night once - I haven't binged like that since 24 and Lost! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

Anyone watched Happy on Netflix? Enjoyably wierd series. Bear with me,  but it's about a US down and out detective using a missing girls imaginary friend to help find her.  Did I mention the imaginary friend is a blue flying unicorn??

Every review I've seen says it's surprisingly alright, but there's just no chance I'm watching that. 

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Every review I've seen says it's surprisingly alright, but there's just no chance I'm watching that. 

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Same for me

Why not?

10 hours ago, dubbs said:

Why not?

I’m with you Dubbs. Give the premise a chance and you are rewarded with a fantastic show with an almost Max Payne mixed with batman/Gotham city style comic book atmosphere full of great characters. Its batshit crazy and funny in parts then really quite dark and brutal in others. One of my favourite shows so far on Netflix. Loved it.

• Like 2

On 25/07/2018 at 12:42, Stevo985 said:

The 'Teddy Perkins' episode?

One of the best things I've seen for a while comedy wise. Brilliant TV

Did you have a look at who played 'Teddy'

Edit: Didn't read thread properly. People already know. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m with you Dubbs. Give the premise a chance and you are rewarded with a fantastic show with an almost Max Payne mixed with batman/Gotham city style comic book atmosphere full of great characters. Its batshit crazy and funny in parts then really quite dark and brutal in others. One of my favourite shows so far on Netflix. Loved it.

Might give it a go then but it still screams Jessica Rabbit at me. Not sure I've ever liked the real people/cartoon crossover stuff. I think it's because I'm unable to suspend my disbelief

Â