Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Just attempted to watch episode one of "Picnic at Hanging Rock". Bloody hell, how to take a classic novel and movie, and turn it into a really shit TV series. Dire script, ham acting worthy of a bad am-dram company, clichéd cinematography, and inappropriate and massively intrusive soundtrack music. Dire, avoid. 

Yeah, can't disagree, I thought it was shite. 

• Thanks 1

finishing season 1 of the americans, enjoying it, i would say that it could take a leaf out of mad mens book and throw in more real world events and see how the characters react to them (reagan being shot for example works really well)

think its now well set up, needs to go somewhere rather than rinse and repeat

On 13/07/2018 at 22:18, Ingram85 said:

Only a few weeks until Better Call Saul Season 4!!!!

*Squee!!!!!!*

Brilliant.

It's one of those shows that I always forget is coming back round. Can't wait!

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yeah GLOW fills a ballers sized hole for me (which is also back for season 4 this month i think)

30 minute throw away comedy-drama, its very good

It's Glow season two that went up on Netflix a couple of weeks ago.

They've turned that around quickly; it doesn't seem very long since season 2 came out. 

Can't say I was that fussed, but I suppose the missus'll be into it. Mind you, I managed to forget who 11 was between the first and second seasons, so maybe I'm not much of a judge. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They've turned that around quickly; it doesn't seem very long since season 2 came out. 

Can't say I was that fussed, but I suppose the missus'll be into it. Mind you, I managed to forget who 11 was between the first and second seasons, so maybe I'm not much of a judge. 

Won't be out until sometime early 2019 apparently, or possibly as late as next summer.

Watched the first four episodes of White Gold on Netflix.  Was on BBC2 last year.

It's Jay and Simon from The Inbetweeners, and Ed Westwick, playing early 1980s double glazing salesmen.  Very funny, even if Jay and Simon are still really Jay and Simon in different lives.

• Like 1

Â