Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

But here's the surprise – after a disappointingly slow (yes, slow – despite the constant sex and violence) pair of opening episodes, Spartacus starts to improve exponentially until somewhere round episode five, where you stop enjoying it ironically and start to enjoy it outright. Yes, it may be the kind of show in which a tattooed warrior gets his face hacked off by a man armed with a hook; it may feature lines like "your wife has been **** to madness by a thousand vermin cocks"; it may toss in pointless cameos for one-armed topless transsexuals – and all three of these things genuinely happen in the early episodes – but it's also not half bad. In fact I'd go as far as to say it actually gets quite good. There's just a hell of a lot to desensitise yourself to first. Good luck. Give it a go.

The most important paragraph of his review.

As I said in another thread, the Lewis Grassic Gibbon novel "Spartacus" is pretty uncompromising with references to the brutality and perversion of ancient Rome. No explicit descriptions, but it makes it clear the way things were - quite shocking for a book published in 1933.

I dont see any mentions for deadwood in here? One of the best written most engrossing tv shows ive ever watched. Fantastic dialogue, absolute travesty it only got 3 seasons..

breaking bad is also turning into one of my all time favourite shows. getting better and better...

The wire is fantastic, if you can stay with it till half way through the first season it then just grabs you and wont let go. Amazing television.#

The shield is another great show. Clever and brutal.

Rome is another cracking series, as is Dexter.

If youve missed any of those shows, do yourself a favour and watch them now!

The wire is fantastic, if you can stay with it till half way through the first season it then just grabs you and wont let go. Amazing television.#

This.

(H:LotS is still a better cop show in totality, though)

As I said in another thread, the Lewis Grassic Gibbon novel "Spartacus" is pretty uncompromising with references to the brutality and perversion of ancient Rome. No explicit descriptions, but it makes it clear the way things were - quite shocking for a book published in 1933.

I saw a list recently where they detailed the amount of deaths attributed to various different things through history. The Colosseum in Rome was right up there with 830,000 deaths attributed to it :shock: That's an awful lot of death.

This.

(H:LotS is still a better cop show in totality, though)

Ha knew you'd watch it (and enjoy it) eventually!

I am currently watching the fast show. Funny memories!!
In the snowboarding game, are ya? Thirty years I done that, man and boy. Hardest game in the world.

I dont see any mentions for deadwood in here? One of the best written most engrossing tv shows ive ever watched. Fantastic dialogue, absolute travesty it only got 3 seasons

Deadwood is excellent, especially Ian McShane.

I love westerns with a passion, but hated Deadwood.

Couldn't take McShane seriously, the swearing just sounded contrived and self-conscious.

I am currently watching the fast show. Funny memories!!
In the snowboarding game, are ya? Thirty years I done that, man and boy. Hardest game in the world.

:lol:

Me? The 13th Duke of Leeds?

Here? In VT Off-Topic, with a lady snowboarder?

With my reputation?

Are they quite mad?, Mmmm?

I can't be bothered to read all 7 pages of this, so it may of been mentioned already. But on ITV tonight piers morgan goes to south africa and meets some of the people involved in the fall of apartheid and goes to some of the residents where the stadiums are etc. I know some people find him annoying but his programmes are always quite interesting.

Â