Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished Person of Interest season 2 and that's as far as it goes on Netflix  :(

This annoyed me too, although I noticed Season 3 is on Channel 5 if that's any use to you.  Episode 1 was this week (which I missed), so I'm going to stream that and pick up Episode 2 this coming week.

Not exactly a TV show, but I've just been watching on BBCWS the story of Andrew McAuley who died trying to row a kayak from Australia to NZ.

I remember the news story at the time and thinking "ah, yeah, Darwin award". But having watched the doco it's hard to be so crass about it.

The memory card with his video was recovered with his kayak, and shows the footage of him leaving. His little 3yo boy is running along the beach saying "bye daddy", and McAuley is too choked up to even turn around. He leaves you in no doubt that he is very daunted by what he's taken on, and terrified that he won't see his family again and vice versa.

Anyway, it's absolutely harrowing stuff. I can't stop thinking about it. Had to tell someone. Thanks VT!

• Like 1

Finished Person of Interest season 2 and that's as far as it goes on Netflix  :(

This annoyed me too, although I noticed Season 3 is on Channel 5 if that's any use to you.  Episode 1 was this week (which I missed), so I'm going to stream that and pick up Episode 2 this coming week.

Cheers

Just checked and its on Channel 5 On Demand for another week or so  :)

• Like 1

Just started watching Season 1 of the IT Crowd. It's a bloody awful show, but somehow I find myself laughing out loud and now I'm bloody hooked. 

haha i just rewatched it, gets funnier the more you rewatch. The jokes/setups are so predictable but somehow still funny

Edited by gharperr

Just started watching Season 1 of the IT Crowd. It's a bloody awful show, but somehow I find myself laughing out loud and now I'm bloody hooked. 

Enjoy the ride, it definitely gets better from season 2 onwards.

Only watched it myself for the first time about 1 month ago and its quickly become one of my favourite British shows of the last 5 - 10 years. Im pretty sure thats all down to Moss, without him it wouldn't be anywhere near as good.

• Like 2

Watching Mike Leigh box-set.

Nuts in May - Candice Marie winds up Keith Pratt. Candice Marie and Keith Pratt wind up Ray; Finger and Honky wind up Candice Marie and Keith Pratt.

Abigail's Party - Beverly winds up Laurence; Beverly winds up Sue; Angela winds up Sue.

Grown-ups - Gloria winds up everyone.

I see a pattern here.

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 2

Â