Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Watched about five minutes of Dallas. It was shite back in the day, it's even worse now.

Parade's End on the other hand, is excellent, even if it can never hope to do justice to the book.

What next, remaking Falcon Crest? Dysentery? Find the worst TV ever made and remake it... to make the original look good.

The only good thing about Dallas was the drinking game, every time Sue Ellen had a drink, you had to have one too. You'd be smashed in the hour

A couple of weeks ago I saw a trailer of a show called Bedlam. Looked like a horror/thriller serie in an old hospital or something. Have anyone seen it and can tell if it's good or bad? Been looking out for it ever since, but not been able to find it. And I can't watch it on tele as I work nights. Looked interesting.

Im sure Bedlam was on Sky (UK Living maybe?) a whaile back.

It was pure garbage if my memory serves me correct.

just seen a trailer for homeland 2 didnt realise it was going to be so soon, well happy with that

means in october i'll be watching treme, boardwalk and homeland, good times

i've seen a few reviews and mentions for some of the new shows starting this month and none really did anything for me, any yanks on here got some recomendations for new stuff?

I watched that homeland and thought it was good but they should have concluded it after the first series, even if they would have tied it up and then bought in a new bad guy/bad guys, it just annoys me when they get decent ratings and rewrite the entire ending to come up with a second series

Anyone seen "Boardwalk Empire"? I've seen the first 3 episodes, it seems decent enough, but is it worth dedicating many more hours to it?

I love it. Fantastic show. As you would expect from a HBO show, the scripts, acting, sets, cinematography etc are right on the money. I would warn you, it's a bit of a slow burner, but the pay off is well worth the wait.

S1-4 of 24 are great, especially 1-3. I mean it is generally ludicrious in situations but plausible enough for the first lot, but then they start taking the piss with season 5, which really pushed it and I lost patience with S6, which just really annoyed me. I eventually forced myself to watch the rest of when S7 came round, but I got bored again and still not watched 8.

So yeah, the silliness is watchable for the first lot, but then for me it just starts going too far.

Finally got around to watching the first season of Breaking Bad - thought it was brilliant! Will soon be ordering Season 2!

Currently watching the Swedish/Danish crime thriller The Bridge, which was on BBC4 a few months back - really decent too!

YEah the first episode of season 5 of 24 is amazing! BUt it quickly tails off after that and that was pretty much the point where 24 stopped being really really good.

It did have some highlights after that, but a lot of lows (Season 6 in particular was shite).

The problem, imo, was the seasons were too long for the final few seasons. But obviously they couldn't make them shorter because that would defeat the point of the show.

Â