Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just had a shufty at the young lady in question, in photos she's an 8.1, need to watch the series to see if she scores higher but this really ain't my thing. It sounds like a boring scooby doo with no ghosts, sandwiches, snacks or dogs.

Had to stop and think what you meant by 'shufty' for a second.  She isn't your usual Hollywood/TV looking girl really, a lot curvier and she is one of the better actors in it too (though not much competition there).

• Thanks 1

Finishing off Season 5 of Better Call Saul tonight - it has been fantastic!

Also managed to fit in The Witcher, having ditched it a while ago. It was ok but nothing was very well explained and therefore quite baffling in places!

May do the latest season of Fargo next or The Last Kingdom on Netflix.

• Like 1

Bit late, but I am now fully up to date with Inside No. 9. 

Two or three really good episodes in the latest run (“Lip Service” being the standout this series). A couple that I don’t think I’d rush returning to, but I find whether the episode hits the mark or not, it’s always worth watching to see what they attempt to do. I’m more interested and forgiving if something doesn’t quite work if it’s trying to be a bit different.

I was never that bothered about The league of gentlemen or Psychoville (maybe I should revisit them), but for whatever reason the stuff Pemberton and Shearsmith are doing now chimes with me more.

• Like 2

Completed Narcos season 2 last night, bloody brilliant stuff, I'll miss Pablo, what performance Wagner Moura. Also Paulina Gaitan as Tata was hot, definite 9 for me.

Is season3 any good? Have something else to watch but if S3 is as good I'll carry right on.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Completed Narcos season 2 last night, bloody brilliant stuff, I'll miss Pablo, what performance Wagner Moura. Also Paulina Gaitan as Tata was hot, definite 9 for me.

Is season3 any good? Have something else to watch but if S3 is as good I'll carry right on.

it dips but its ok, same as the mexican one it goes from like a 9 or 10/10 tv show to a 7 or 8 so its still perfectly watchable it just doesnt hit the dizzying heights of the first 2 seasons

• Thanks 1

On 11/08/2021 at 14:08, troon_villan said:

Tried to persevere with it when it was originally on (lots of bewbs) but as soon as 50 Cent appeared, I bowed out gracefully.

i didn't even get that far, couple of episodes and I thought spacer.png

Been watching Justified over the past few days and about to start season four.

Just a great show and Raylan Givens is one of my all time favorite characters now.

Highly recommend if never seen it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Been watching Justified over the past few days and about to start season four.

Just a great show and Raylan Givens is one of my all time favorite characters now.

Highly recommend if never seen it.

Had this on my list for so long, love Walton Goggins too, just never got round to it. Maybe its time.

• Like 2

Mare of Easttown is very solid but not amazing yet after 5 episodes.

Bit annoying that the writers seem to have thought it very clever or interesting that they named the protagonist Mare because they have all the other character say her name all the time, like much more than necessary. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sne said:

Mare of Easttown is very solid but not amazing yet after 5 episodes.

Bit annoying that the writers seem to have thought it very clever or interesting that they named the protagonist Mare because they have all the other character say her name all the time, like much more than necessary. 

Just finished watching it, and I agree about the name. It's just not a name, I found it kind of . . . ostentatious or something.

I think 'solid but not amazing' is also a pretty good description of it. It's well-acted, the atmosphere is good and tense, but it doesn't quite have the extra something that say, True Detective season 1 had. A good watch though, I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy it.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Finished the last episode of Cocaine Cowboys last night. A six part Netflix documentary about Sal Magluta and Willy Falcon, two Cubans that grew up in America with nothing, and ended up with a cocaine business in Miami, importing 75 tonnes (and the rest). 

It’s very entertaining, and some of the things they did to get away with it are mental. They lived the American Dream, for a long time and like many drug barons, greed got the better of them. 

Well worth a watch. 

watched an episode of Netflix's sports documentary series Untold last night, started with Malice in the Palace because if im honest im not sure how much appeal the others have

its good, well put together and has all the right interviews and footage

i need to finish blacklist which is dragging but 3 more episodes to go, then watch season 3 of how to sell drugs online, then watch the documentary about how to sell drugs online (shiny flakes)

On 11/08/2021 at 17:45, theboyangel said:

Finishing off Season 5 of Better Call Saul tonight - it has been fantastic!

Also managed to fit in The Witcher, having ditched it a while ago. It was ok but nothing was very well explained and therefore quite baffling in places!

May do the latest season of Fargo next or The Last Kingdom on Netflix.

Last series early next year, worried about what will become of Kim 

• Like 1

On 15/08/2021 at 17:05, HanoiVillan said:

Just finished watching it, and I agree about the name. It's just not a name, I found it kind of . . . ostentatious or something.

I think 'solid but not amazing' is also a pretty good description of it. It's well-acted, the atmosphere is good and tense, but it doesn't quite have the extra something that say, True Detective season 1 had. A good watch though, I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy it.

It was good but not brilliant, the odd thing for me was that lad from Neighbours turning up in it and not being able to place him for an episode or so 

On 12/08/2021 at 19:41, Mark Albrighton said:

Bit late, but I am now fully up to date with Inside No. 9. 

Two or three really good episodes in the latest run (“Lip Service” being the standout this series). A couple that I don’t think I’d rush returning to, but I find whether the episode hits the mark or not, it’s always worth watching to see what they attempt to do. I’m more interested and forgiving if something doesn’t quite work if it’s trying to be a bit different.

I was never that bothered about The league of gentlemen or Psychoville (maybe I should revisit them), but for whatever reason the stuff Pemberton and Shearsmith are doing now chimes with me more.

I never really got on with the League of Gentleman but revisited it a couple of years ago and found it excellent. Having a rough idea of what was going on 2nd time round really helped and well worth a second visit I would say. 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Been kind of a hostage watching Marcella. On my own I would have quit watching. S1 was OK, S2 was all over the place and S3 is just horrible.

I was exactly the same as this. Love Anna Friel but found her character very irritating after a while and the whole thing become silly.

• Like 1

Â