Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

10 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Three quarters of the way through The Flight Attendant at the moment. It's got good reviews and a few award nominations but I think it's pretty shit. Weird.

i liked it despite its probably should be considered poor writing, more or less every episode seems to use alcohol as a tool to take the story in a direction that it shouldnt, here's 9 perfectly reasonable logical things to do and here's 1 blindingly obviously stupid thing to do...find a way of writing her drunkenness in to it and pick the latter...

As a big fan of Vikings I've avoided The Last Kingdom until now, didn't think it would be any good.

Although not as gory it is in fact very good. So far anyway (first 6 episodes).

• Like 4

16 hours ago, El Zen said:

I’m typically sceptical of spin offs, and thought The Good Wife was no more than pretty good, but we just started The Good Fight and it’s, well, pretty good.

Neither show had any characters from The Good Place and the tonal shifts are seismic. 

Worst Spinoffs Ever IMO.

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

As a big fan of Vikings I've avoided The Last Kingdom until now, didn't think it would be any good.

I did it the other way around, absolutely loved TLK and put Vikings off for years.  I think in a few ways Vikings edges it.

The Lothbroks are much better main characters than Uhtred, who's a bit of a dickhead. You have to suspend your disbelief with both shows, and over time I got a bit tired of Uhtred, the one man army, solving every problem, and he's just so dislikable, constantly making stupid decisions.

Alfred is fantastic in TLK, though, and I don't think any of the saxons in Vikings quite match up.

Edited to make this as generic and spoiler free as possible :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Not seen Vikings yet but watched all of The Last Kingdom earlier this year; loved it!

• Like 1

If you've enjoyed the Wire, the Sopranos and Succession, I'd recommend the Le Bureau on stream via Amazon. It's a French spy thriller box set. Subtitled, but brilliant.

A very different French series. Almost as good, is Call My Agent. on Netflix.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Bez is on the new celebrity masterchef, should be a laugh.

Will he do a dish containing Black Grapes? 

guaranteed at some point he’ll be twisting his melon, man

Edited by theboyangel
  • Haha 2

Started watching a programme on Netflix called The Outer Banks. It’s an American drama, the acting is poor and some parts are obvious, but I’m hooked need to know what is going to happen

Edited by mikeyp102

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Started watching a programme on Netflix called The Outer Banks. It’s an American drama, the acting is poor and some parts are obvious, but I’m hooked need to know what is going to happen

Not seen it but easy to predict the ending - they’ll end S2 on a somewhat cliff-hanger and then cancel the series.

Like Netflix does with 90% of all their series after S2.

I don’t even bother starting anything made by Netflix until S3 is confirmed.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I enjoyed the first series as I like silly teen American drama but the second has some of the most implausible plot turns imaginable, almost like the writers are taking the piss.  The leading girl is incredibly attractive though so I've kept watching.

25 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I enjoyed the first series as I like silly teen American drama but the second has some of the most implausible plot turns imaginable, almost like the writers are taking the piss.  The leading girl is incredibly attractive though so I've kept watching.

I’m only half way through first, but I’ll stick to it. Like you say, some benefit to it

16 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

39 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m only half way through first, but I’ll stick to it. Like you say, some benefit to it

Just had a shufty at the young lady in question, in photos she's an 8.1, need to watch the series to see if she scores higher but this really ain't my thing. It sounds like a boring scooby doo with no ghosts, sandwiches, snacks or dogs.

On 09/08/2021 at 16:38, PieFacE said:

Anyone watched 'Power'?. Just finished episode 1 and am unsure. 

Tried to persevere with it when it was originally on (lots of bewbs) but as soon as 50 Cent appeared, I bowed out gracefully.

Â