Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

40 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

New episode of the grand tour on prime or somewhere in the ocean.

Liked those three on Top Gear but haven't gotten around to watching this yet. Is it just as good?

On 04/08/2021 at 12:18, villa4europe said:

watched lochdown the other night

its missing something and i dont know exactly what it is, firstly im not sure if its because i've been there and i know where they are and personally i think they made 2 mistakes, firstly glen coe and the A82 is a nicer drive, thats where the real scotland money shots are, secondly i dont think they actually go for that many money shots, they dont actually make scotland look that interesting, its not a sponsored by the scottish tourism board show by any stretch, there's only a couple of "wow wheres that" style shots, they've undersold the location badly resulting in it not really working for me, neither do the cars or the entire concept, the whole japes in massive cars thing is only a thing in Edinburgh (which again they undersell) and after watching clarksons farm its back to being charmless which is a shame

i can appreciate that they struggled with covid but it feels phoned in, feels like a contractual obligation ticked off rather than something they put full effort in to or really wanted to do, maybe an off road across the highlands in electric 4x4s thing would have been better because i would guess that large parts of the highlands are simply not ready for electric cars, i dunno hard to try and guess what cars suit each setting

also surprising lack of trump golf course gags seeing as they went all in with the american stuff

@Big Salad 

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Liked those three on Top Gear but haven't gotten around to watching this yet. Is it just as good?

If you like those 3 u will love it and all the individual specials except Hammond stuck on some island, dumped that after 10mins.

Clarkson's farm excellent, May's our man in Japan*** excellent too, can't remember any others but could be more.

A lot of it feels set up/scripted but I'm partial to idiots so it doesn't bother me.

*** edit

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

Been Binge watching Gotham recently, on season 4 out of a total of 5 atm. Pretty good and entertainng series to watch on Netflix with a good cast. Passing the time away until 1 September when I start a grad job. Been told to watch Sons of Anarchy after that.

Finished season 4 of Fargo. Not as good as 1 or 2, but as good as 3. I thought Chris Rock was excellent and Timothy Olyphant was superb as the US Marshal, Dick Deafy Wickware, how he pronounced that name with a straight face is beyond me.

The show certainly meandered in parts but on the whole I loved it. 

On 07/08/2021 at 09:12, darrenm said:

A sample of everything brilliant about the Office US in one little clip

I tried a few times to watch this show and couldn't get past the first episode, knuckled down through covid and blasted through the lot, awesome show and better then the original for me, love the whole cast apart from 1 dumb asked English character later on in the series. 

• Like 3

Bit bored with there being nothing new to watch due to Covid so started re-watching One Punch Man and The Venture Bros. Both excellent animated shows.

Poster & Affisch One Punch Man - Collage | EuropostersThe Venture Bros. (TV Series 2003–2018) - IMDb

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

On 08/08/2021 at 11:36, Phil Silvers said:

I tried a few times to watch this show and couldn't get past the first episode, knuckled down through covid and blasted through the lot, awesome show and better then the original for me, love the whole cast apart from 1 dumb asked English character later on in the series. 

yeah same for me, struggled to get through the first series but after that binged through the rest (there is a lot to watch) it just gets better and better.

I think with the first series it's easy to try and compare against the British version, and try and match up the characters 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lions&Dragons said:

yeah same for me, struggled to get through the first series but after that binged through the rest (there is a lot to watch) it just gets better and better.

I think with the first series it's easy to try and compare against the British version, and try and match up the characters 

So many lol moments, here's a quick

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

So many lol moments, here's a quick

I loved The Office...until Steve Carell left. After he did, I didn't even finish it tbh. This is still one of my favorite scenes though lol:

Just now, PieFacE said:

Anyone watched 'Power'?. Just finished episode 1 and am unsure. 

Someone on here said it was complete dog shite so based on that review,  I never bothered with it.

• Haha 1

I’m typically sceptical of spin offs, and thought The Good Wife was no more than pretty good, but we just started The Good Fight and it’s, well, pretty good. One of those shows that the wife chooses but you don’t mind watching. 

More importantly, we recently binged through Godfather of Harlem. Now that’s a good show. Really excellent. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone watched 'Power'?. Just finished episode 1 and am unsure. 

I watched 2 maybe 3 episodes and honestly thought it was one of the worst shows I've ever seen. It's very, very rare that I stop watching a show once I've started but this was awful. 

Â