Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

So stuck with it and finished the whole season, not bad after all. Timothy Dalton is good along with the Brendan Frasier/Robot character. Worth checking out if you can "acquire" it.

Also started Counterpart. First 2 episodes are showing promise. Reminds me of the TV show Fringe meets Jason Bourne. JK Simmons knows how to act, so that's a good start.

I loved both counterpart and fringe 

On 19/04/2020 at 20:10, Hornso said:

Watched another Neflix doco series, How to Fix a Drug Scandal. Not outstanding, but definitely worth a watch.

Just finished it as well. Could have been maybe compacted a bit more. Boiled my piss with one of the final what happened screen shoot info of the outcome of a couple of the folk involved. Nonsense really.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Withnail said:

Just finished it as well. Could have been maybe compacted a bit more. Boiled my piss with one of the final what happened screen shoot info of the outcome of a couple of the folk involved. Nonsense really.

Yeah, the member of the Attorney's Generals office who covered it up and the subordinate who towed the line just moved to a different department! Disgraceful.

12 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

So stuck with it and finished the whole season, not bad after all. Timothy Dalton is good along with the Brendan Frasier/Robot character. Worth checking out if you can "acquire" it.

Also started Counterpart. First 2 episodes are showing promise. Reminds me of the TV show Fringe meets Jason Bourne. JK Simmons knows how to act, so that's a good start.

I’m 3 episodes into Doom Patrol. I like it, it’s quirky and reminds me a bit of Umbrella Academy. 

Going to give that Counterpart a go too, looks decent. 

They are both on ‘Starz Play’ on Amazon Prime, along with a few other decent bits. 

On 13/04/2020 at 16:09, rjw63 said:

It's worth it just for this lady's nude scenes 😍

spacer.png

Thank for the recommendation, I got there😉

Season1 Banshee completed, its mad as f@#k but bloody great, takes me back to the eighties action flicks, loving it.

• Like 4

Well Manifest series 2 kinda sucked 

series 1 wasn’t great but had enough to make you stay with it but it’s run it’s course now..

got a new phone yesterday and they give a years free subscription to Apple TV , few box sets that look interesting on it ....anyone watched any of their stuff ?

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

series 1 wasn’t great but had enough to make you stay with it but it’s run it’s course now..

got a new phone yesterday and they give a years free subscription to Apple TV , few box sets that look interesting on it ....anyone watched any of their stuff ?

I’m amazed you made it through the 1st season of manifest! I’ve seen primary school plays with better acting, I couldn’t believe how bad it was! Premise of the show was great, but my McGrath, it was terrible. 

I’ve not signed up for Apple, not even the 30 day trial as yet. Considering who they are and the kind of money they can chuck at it, their launch programmes look very ‘meh’ at best to me. 

The Morning Show, See and For All Mankind look ‘ok’ and The Banker with Samuel L Jackson and Anthony Mackie looks decent, but compared to the competition, it’s a pretty weak library at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Stranger on Netflix is basically a bang average ITV drama - wish I hadn’t bothered 

War Of The Worlds (The new Fox TV/Canal+ version with Gabriel Byrne) - wish I hadn’t bothered with this either. Slow, dull and utterly boring. 

These are prime examples of why I don’t usually let the Mrs pick the shows we watch, everything she chooses is shite. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

BCS is done then, hate thinking it’s probably 18 months before we see any more though.

Spoiler

Bit surprised that a lot of the loose ends still aren’t tied up, looks like they are going for a balls to the wall final season like BB. Looks like Kim is about to break bad.

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Season 1 Episode 1 of Manifest was probably the most hilariously awful piece of television I’ve seen in years. 

Im absolutely amazed that it got a second season, let alone that anybody watched it

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

BCS is done then, hate thinking it’s probably 18 months before we see any more though.

Hide contents

Bit surprised that a lot of the loose ends still aren’t tied up, looks like they are going for a balls to the wall final season like BB. Looks like Kim is about to break bad.

My guess is 

Spoiler

Kim will be killed at some point in Season 6

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Loving Saul.

Mike is such a watchable character.

Yeah.

Watching the last episode in a bit. Superb acting all round.

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My guess is 

Hide contents

Kim will be killed at some point in Season 6

Spoiler

In BB Mike is head of Gus's security, I'm guessing the big thing in S6 will be some genius tactical kill on Lalo by mike that earns Gus's respect and agree Kim bites the bullet. Cant wait, probably be a long delay in production though due to current climate.

The final scene of Saul was a great example of how to make an extremely tense and uncomfortable action scene that features objectively not that much action. Kills me that we probably won't see the next season for a couple of years.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2020 at 14:52, wazzap24 said:

looking forward to this. Absolutely loved that Bulls team when I was growing up. 

1st Episode did not disappoint. It’s proper good. 

On 21/04/2020 at 14:22, wazzap24 said:

The Stranger on Netflix is basically a bang average ITV drama - wish I hadn’t bothered 

Had some potential to be interesting but overall I agree.

Watched 'Safe' a few weeks after - another Harlan Coben one. It's practically the same thing, but shitter.

• Like 1

Â