Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I didn't watch Breaking Bad. Tried twice, didn't enjoy it. Can I watch BCS and understand what's going on?

As BCS is set before BB there’s nothing ‘setting the scene’ that you will miss, but a big part of BCS success is how the character became the man we knew in BB together with origins of Mike and many of the BB ‘villains’.

If you didn’t like BB, I will be surprised if you enjoy BCS. If you do happen to enjoy BCS, I think you’ll want to watch how the characters further develop by giving BB another go. 

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

I didn't watch Breaking Bad. Tried twice, didn't enjoy it. Can I watch BCS and understand what's going on?

I am jealous as hell that you haven't watched BB, wish I had that to watch for the first time right now. It is the greatest tv or film ever or me, stick with it as it gets better and better and better, once you've seen the completed picture you will see why, it is a masterpiece.

Although Saul is a prequel, its better viewed after BB.

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I am jealous as hell that you haven't watched BB, wish I had that to watch for the first time right now. It is the greatest tv or film ever or me, stick with it as it gets better and better and better, once you've seen the completed picture you will see why, it is a masterpiece.

Although Saul is a prequel, its better viewed after BB.

I listened to people before I watched Breaking Bad. I got to the end thinking well it was OK. Never got the love it had. I do acknowledge I have the minority opinion. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

Exact same boat, made it to the end of season 2 first time and end of season 1 second time

I really don't get it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I listened to people before I watched Breaking Bad. I got to the end thinking well it was OK. Never got the love it had. I do acknowledge I have the minority opinion. 

I'm with you, sort of. I thought it was a great show, but not in my top 5

• Like 1

I LOVED Breaking Bad, certainly in my all time top five. Better Call Saul? Meh. Gave up after season 1. 

Anyway...

Ozark s3 has been OK, but not as good as it was. Same with Homeland s8. 

About to start Killing Eve s3. 

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I LOVED Breaking Bad, certainly in my all time top five. Better Call Saul? Meh. Gave up after season 1. 

Anyway...

Ozark s3 has been OK, but not as good as it was. Same with Homeland s8. 

About to start Killing Eve s3. 

IMO, at times BCS is better than Breaking Bad. It's worth sticking with I think.

12 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

It's after 5 in the morning and I'm just finished the second series of Unforgotten, it is an incredibly powerful television show. I don't know how I never heard of it before.

Its very good. I enjoyed it a lot when it originally aired.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

It's after 5 in the morning and I'm just finished the second series of Unforgotten, it is an incredibly powerful television show. I don't know how I never heard of it before.

Quite apart from Nicola Walker and Sanjeev Bhaskar, the supporting casts read like a who's who of British TV drama: Tom Courtenay, Trevor Eve, Bernard Hill, Gemma Jones, Cherie Lunghi, Hannah Gordon, Frances Tomelty, Claire Goose, David Troughton, Mark Bonnar, Douglas Hodge, Wendy Craig, James Fleet, Neil Morrissey, Amanda Root... etc. 

• Like 2

Nearly finished money heist series 4

Its firmly moved over to so bad its good, strangely watchable despite being so daft, the cleverness of the professor and the plan has gone

They all went to the stormtrooper school of shooting too

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I guess this might be an unpopular opinion but Homeland when on form is right up there with the best and this series is right up there. 

Agree on point one, perhaps not on point two. 

16 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I guess this might be an unpopular opinion but Homeland when on form is right up there with the best and this series is right up there. 

IMO they should’ve been brave to end it at series 1 with the opposite conclusion and kept it as a limited series.

Admittedly I started to tire of Carrie during S3 and didn’t stick with it. 

• Like 2

On 29/03/2020 at 22:21, stuart_75 said:

Watched the first 2 episodes of Doom Patrol.

Meh. Hope it picks up.

So stuck with it and finished the whole season, not bad after all. Timothy Dalton is good along with the Brendan Frasier/Robot character. Worth checking out if you can "acquire" it.

Also started Counterpart. First 2 episodes are showing promise. Reminds me of the TV show Fringe meets Jason Bourne. JK Simmons knows how to act, so that's a good start.

Edited by stuart_75
  • Like 1

Â