Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

FWIW even the weak stretch of Community is better than most sitcoms.

I also like to believe Mike from BCS/BB faked his own death and ended up running Greendale.

television nbc community leonard jonathan banks meatballs buzz ...

Spoiler

I agree. His name appeared in the lunch ladies leaked email, I'm assuming he became an undertaker rather than died. 

latest?cb=20150414172931

• Like 1

Even that email from Magnitude had me chuckling.

I'm going to watch it all again I think as it's been a few years.

There are not many sitcoms with blokes from Erdington in them either.

John Oliver Community GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 3

Tales From the Loop is sadly a bit of a disappointment. It's not bad, but it's not what I'd hoped they would do with the source material.

Feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity even thou some part looks and feels right. The music fits really well.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Tales From the Loop is sadly a bit of a disappointment. It's not bad, but it's not what I'd hoped they would do with the source material.

Feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity even thou some part looks and feels right. The music fits really well.

That’s a shame, I was going to give this a look after your post on it the other day. It looks stunning. 

3 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

That’s a shame, I was going to give this a look after your post on it the other day. It looks stunning. 

I've seen 6 out of 8 episodes so far and the first one is the best one, got my hopes up.

But it's an anthology rather than a story and it's more of a Twilight Zone than a Stranger Things.

It's really slow and ponderous, which is not a bad thing if done right but I'm not sure here. For me personally it loses something when it's not set in Sweden but they do manage to capture some of the small town in the middle of nowhere atmosphere where something bigger might be happening. It has a sad and melancholic feeling to it.

I'd say it's a 6/10 but I might have gone into it expecting something a bit different. From the pictures I posted it's very much from the low tech less fantastic spectra.

• Like 1

with all the streaming options in the world, i instead decided to track down the 1979 series of Tinker Tailor, Soldier Spy on the internet and start re-watching that. It's been a few years, but reading a different le carre novel sparked my memories. Alec Guinness is so good.

• Like 1

Yeah I said before I thought Season 4 was a bit of a dip in BCS and it needed to get back on form this season.

It absolutely has. The last couple of episodes have been brilliant.

It's a top tier show.

finished Ozark series 3

Spoiler

im torn on Ben

I thought he was played brilliantly, good range on that bloke, the episode where he's on the run with Wendy and is doing everything he can to **** it up will probably be one of Ozark's most memorable episodes, also brought out some great stuff from Wendy's actress

but he's such a poorly conceived tacked on one and done type character, "he's ok as long as he's on his meds..." you know he's coming off his meds, Ruths dad in the 2nd series they get away with it because he fits, the crazy brother out of nowhere in series 3 felt like a poor mechanism to move the story

reminded me of Gyp Rosetti in boardwalk empire who was also superbly acted or to a lesser extent ralphy in the sopranos, dropped in out of nowhere to stir shit up and create a new story arc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

finished Ozark series 3

Hide contents

im torn on Ben

I thought he was played brilliantly, good range on that bloke, the episode where he's on the run with Wendy and is doing everything he can to **** it up will probably be one of Ozark's most memorable episodes, also brought out some great stuff from Wendy's actress

but he's such a poorly conceived tacked on one and done type character, "he's ok as long as he's on his meds..." you know he's coming off his meds, Ruths dad in the 2nd series they get away with it because he fits, the crazy brother out of nowhere in series 3 felt like a poor mechanism to move the story

reminded me of Gyp Rosetti in boardwalk empire who was also superbly acted or to a lesser extent ralphy in the sopranos, dropped in out of nowhere to stir shit up and create a new story arc

Spoiler

Yeah they got away with it, I normally hate it when they throw in random family members.  I also hate dippy daughters but she was fine in this series too.  The Ben stuff set up the next series quite nicely as I assume it'll be the Birds and the cartel vs Darlene and Ruth. 

• Like 1

Said it before, it was almost like watching Laura Linney re-enacting  her relationship with her disturbed brother from Love Actually.

Thought S3 of Ozark was fine but not fantastic. Nice that they toned down the blue filter a bit.

• Like 1

On 14/04/2020 at 00:19, VillaChris said:

Thought Quiz was very well done but then I was a huge Millionaire fan back in the day. Cracked me up one of the syndicate making his own fastest finger first machine to practice. Sheen had the mannerisms of Tarrant but couldn't quite get the voice, did better when playing Brian Clough.

Really enjoying this! Think Sheen as Tarrant was much better in second episode than first.

Finished Ozark too. Brilliant stuff. A show that's getting better with every season.

It's not top tier stuff yet, but if it keeps improving every season it might get there.

I guess Tiger King has been done in this thread already? Watched it last few days, starts off crazy then goes full on loopy mental.

So many unanswered questions at the end of it though. 

Edited by Genie

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

I guess Tiger King has been done in this thread already? Watched it last few days, starts off crazy then goes full on loopy mental.

So many unanswered questions at the end of it though. 

I hope we get to eventually see an expose on Carole Baskin and the truth about her first husband! 

Â