Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

'Moral Orel' is an entertaining watch.

Animated series about a boy in the US bible belt applying a child's logic to the skewed Christian teachings of his church and family.

Not a new one. The final series was aired a decade ago. Funny though.

Started "Sex Education" and to be honest I love it. Ncuti Gadwa stealing the show so far. He's hilarious.

The setting is very weird though. It's clearly set in the modern day, but everyone is dressed like it's the 80's, and the school is like an American high school. But it's clearly in England.

And they'd all got mobile phones and modern tech, but then some TVs and other tech are really really old fashioned.

It's a bit like Archer. It's set in a completely unspecific, almost mish mash, time period

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 19:46, KenjiOgiwara said:

For someone who is absolutely super fan of the Band of Brothers / Pacific series, does anyone know if there's any news regarding the new one which involves the battle of Britain? 

There's been no news since they changed the name from Masters of the Air to The Mighty Eighth

It was apparently given a $500m budget, but looks to have been quietly shelved 

5 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

There's been no news since they changed the name from Masters of the Air to The Mighty Eighth

It was apparently given a $500m budget, but looks to have been quietly shelved 

Well if it's called "The Mighty 8th", it's got nothing to do with the Battle of Britain. 

Sure to be cgi-heavy, sadly. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Started "Sex Education" and to be honest I love it. Ncuti Gadwa stealing the show so far. He's hilarious.

The setting is very weird though. It's clearly set in the modern day, but everyone is dressed like it's the 80's, and the school is like an American high school. But it's clearly in England.

And they'd all got mobile phones and modern tech, but then some TVs and other tech are really really old fashioned.

It's a bit like Archer. It's set in a completely unspecific, almost mish mash, time period

Yeah it’s not bad if you can ignore the setting and time period.

13 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Yeah it’s not bad if you can ignore the setting and time period.

I think the 80's vibe makes it quite cool. I'm just not sure why they didn't just set it in the 80's though. I suppose you need internet and phones for some of the storyline (so far, I've only seen 4 episodes) but I'm sure they could have got round that.

it's odd. But I don't dislike the setting/time, it's just weird.

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well if it's called "The Mighty 8th", it's got nothing to do with the Battle of Britain. 

Sure to be cgi-heavy, sadly. 

i cant see it being battle of britain, cant find which book they are using for the reference, im sure there will be some stuff about the P-51 Mustang coming in, the interesting thing there being the RR rolei n developing the plane and then also the bombing of german cities, which is again is interesting how they play the day time strategic bombings the US wanted to carry out compared to the night time carpet bombing the RAF wanted to do (and operation hurricane)

i think they could make a show about just how many bombs they dropped on germany but i dont think they will

• Like 1

On 22/01/2019 at 11:11, sne said:

The Passage is such a disappointment.

The show is to the books what Brad Pitt's World war Z was to that book, as in having only the name in common with the source material.

There is Zero atmosphere in the show, things are just happening and there is no explanation to why the characters act the way the do. Paper thin.

The sense of dread from the book is non existent here and the acting is not great.

Pretty much all of the best things from the first book is gone or changed.

Other than the obvious wad of cash I can't see why Cronin signed off on this.

dont know the book so thats not an issue, my big thing at the moment is

Spoiler

if they are that shady an organisation then they would go get another kid at the same time as hunting down the other one....send one team to kill the bloke and girl, line something else up on the side to speed it up, the basis of the hunt seems to be this girl is super special but shes not, they need to hunt him as he's gone rogue and can shut them down but nothing else should stop 

• Like 1

On 22/01/2019 at 11:11, sne said:

The Passage is such a disappointment.

The show is to the books what Brad Pitt's World war Z was to that book, as in having only the name in common with the source material.

There is Zero atmosphere in the show, things are just happening and there is no explanation to why the characters act the way the do. Paper thin.

The sense of dread from the book is non existent here and the acting is not great.

Pretty much all of the best things from the first book is gone or changed.

Other than the obvious wad of cash I can't see why Cronin signed off on this.

I can't quite explain it, but I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes a lot more than I thought I would. 

I knew it wasn't going to be what I wanted it to be, so I've tried to just ignore that fact it's based on my favourite books and look at it more as a 'reimagining'. 

I agree with a lot of your criticism to be fair, but I think the two leads (Amy and Wolgast) have been excellent and that's kind of holding it together for me. 

I'm hoping it settles down a bit and gets better, but I'll stick with it, even if it's just to see how they handle the leap forward. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Tin Star season 2 all episodes available to download on Sky Atlantic.

loved the first season! 

I enjoyed it, but thought it was 1/2 episodes too many. 

Tim Roth is great in it. 

• Like 1

I'm watching Bosch.

It's about a maverick detective. He has a checkered past and no respect for the rules or authority, it's surely only a matter of time before he has to turn in his gun and his badge, but he gets results. 

He has an on-and-off relationship with a beautiful woman that's way out of his league, and he often  just stops to stare out over the horizon, smoking a cigarette, with jazz in the background.

I can't figure out what makes it so compelling, it's got every cliché in the scriptwriters book, but damn it's good TV.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm watching Bosch.

It's about a maverick detective. He has a checkered past and no respect for the rules or authority, it's surely only a matter of time before he has to turn in his gun and his badge, but he gets results. 

He has an on-and-off relationship with a beautiful woman that's way out of his league, and he often  just stops to stare out over the horizon, smoking a cigarette, with jazz in the background.

I can't figure out what makes it so compelling, it's got every cliché in the scriptwriters book, but damn it's good TV.

Big fan of it as well. Think he plays the part excellently. 

Big fan of the books as well, some of the best crime fiction out there. 

• Like 1

Â