Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Did you catch the end with what he said in the toilet? Bonkers.

I may be giving him too much credit but even that seemed to me like it was deliberate on his part.

The guy seems super calculating so if he was caught with a hot mic in the first interview, would he do the same in the second? 

anyone know how idea how long a show on Prime becomes fully available for free? I'm watching The Americans and now finished season 5. Season 6 is on there but for additional payments. I can't be bothered with that. happy to wait if it's likely to be out in the next couple of months, otherwise I may try and source it elsewhere

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I hate cringe comedy, and I hate Gervais. Never seen it (or the U.S. version), probably never will. 

Shame. You're missing out on the best comedy series of all time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Shame. You're missing out on the best comedy series of all time.

Of course. But then you're missing out on loads of stuff, too. We all are. 

On 09/11/2018 at 07:40, Rodders said:

anyone know how idea how long a show on Prime becomes fully available for free? I'm watching The Americans and now finished season 5. Season 6 is on there but for additional payments. I can't be bothered with that. happy to wait if it's likely to be out in the next couple of months, otherwise I may try and source it elsewhere

I think it depends on who owns the rights for the broadcast originally in the relevant country. 

ITV showed it originally over here and then you could get S6 on 'Now TV' after the season had finished.

It will probably be included on Prime TV at some point in the new year.

It's the same with quite a few shows on Netflix etc, if they don't have the original rights, then it's always behind the curve. 

American Horror for example is shown on FOX over here, but all the previous series are available on Netflix. The current one won't be available until about 6 months after it's finished on FOX.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JB said:

That final scene of season 13 of It’s Always Sunny - wow. Powerful, stunning stuff.

(The less said about the rest of the season, the better.)

Yeah it was quite good.

But yeah, its been a very poor season of Sunny. Whatever is going on with Dennis is clearly preventing them from producing quality material as of old. Shame really. 

Edited by PieFacE

Started watching Youtube Original sci-fi series Origin.

If you like movies and TV-series you might enjoy this because they "borrow" from pretty much every similar story imaginable, but there is very little original about it.

Alien, Cube, Life, Pandorum, Bodyguard, Red Dwarf, Stargate Universe, Avatar and every other show or film where we get to follow a people waking up not knowing each other drifting through space in a ship that has been damaged for some reason.

We get to learn their backstory through flash backs and all is not what it seems while an unknown threat is aboard the ship.

The writing and acting is not the best but not quite unwatchable. And there are some familiar faces for those who have watched Harry Potter or GOT. Poor Malfoy seemingly destined to be a douche.

Granted I'm only 3 eps in and it might get better, so far it's maybe a 5.5/10.

Maybe 6/10 because it looks pretty good and "people in isolated places meets unknown horror" is probably my favorite genre.

If you go in not expecting great things it will be OK.

Origin (2018)

Edited by sne

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 02:49, Stevo985 said:

I’m sure I’m late to the party on this one, but I’ve been off sick for two days so I’ve ploughed through the first season of Glow. 

It’s brilliant. Way better than I was expecting (I’m not sure what I was expecting!)

Also, Alison Brie is amazing. 

You won me at Alison Brie.

Â