Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Thought the last episode of BCS was excellent.

Spoiler

The scene where Mike shoots Werner in particular.

also the rooftop scene between Jimmy and Kim was very well done, that may have been ep9, just watched both back to back

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Just finished it. Going through a weird time in my life which has made me a bit sensitive around family stuff at the moment which doesn’t help but **** me the last 15 minutes or so had me blubbering my eyes out. 

Drained. Brilliant little series overall. 

Finished THOHH.

Absolutely loved it! Right up my ally.

For it's genre I'd say it was pretty close to a 10/10.

Carla Gugino is excellent.

Also agree on the ending, same here.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

The second season of The Deuce is the best thing on TV at the moment. Even James Franco playing twins can't spoil it.

I opened this thread to say that Season 2 has been excellent and you've beaten me to the punch. Quality viewing.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2018 at 00:21, chappy said:

Thought the last episode of BCS was excellent.

Hide contents

The scene where Mike shoots Werner in particular.

also the rooftop scene between Jimmy and Kim was very well done, that may have been ep9, just watched both back to back

I'll be honest I think season 4 has been a big flop. The only bits keeping me intetested in the gus/Mexican storyline. The thing is as we all know it's a prequel we all know how it's going to end so they need to make Jimmys storylines better.

For me it's ok but nowhere near as good as breaking bad

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I'll be honest I think season 4 has been a big flop. The only bits keeping me intetested in the gus/Mexican storyline. The thing is as we all know it's a prequel we all know how it's going to end so they need to make Jimmys storylines better.

For me it's ok but nowhere near as good as breaking bad

I'm not sure I'd say it's a big flop, though I probably give it a bit more benefit of the doubt as it's a Breaking Bad spin off, if that makes sense.  It's perfectly fine but waiting a year for 10 episodes, I'd expect a bit more.  There have been some great moments but I thought the story could have progressed a bit more by now.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

@Chindie I saw earlier you was talking about Riverdale.  I would recomend it. Its like a darker "saved by the bell" I like it

yeah i quite liked it, still not round to watching series 2 yet, its good enough to watch with your missus and make it feel like you are doing her a favour

i think 13 reasons why is a better high school drama though

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

@Chindie I saw earlier you was talking about Riverdale.  I would recomend it. Its like a darker "saved by the bell" I like it

It's not really my kind of thing, I only mentioned it as it's related to the new Sabrina series which does look like fairly light fun.

Finished the Haunting series on Netflix. I really liked it. Best horror series ever made imo, though there haven't been a lot.

American Horror Story is the only other one I can think of and it is absolute garbage. Some of the camera work in THOHH is excellent. 

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

bake off has been brilliant this year, at times really hard

I love it but... (spoiler for this week)

Spoiler

They definitely got rid of the wrong person this week. I'm glad they did, because Rahul is clearly the best baker there. But if you're going on the current week's performance then he was comfortably the worst.
I get that they take previous weeks into consideration at times, but that was a bit too blatant for me.

I think he'll end up winning

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I love it but... (spoiler for this week)

Hide contents

They definitely got rid of the wrong person this week. I'm glad they did, because Rahul is clearly the best baker there. But if you're going on the current week's performance then he was comfortably the worst.
I get that they take previous weeks into consideration at times, but that was a bit too blatant for me.

I think he'll end up winning

couldn't agree more

Spoiler

not screaming fix from the rooftops but it definitely felt like them papering over a potential winner having a bad week by kicking off someone who realistically was never winning instead, that said i thought the gay bloke who went a couple of weeks back was also a potential winner who got booted off after a nightmare week

its mad how at work (i work on a building site) so many people are talking about it, i went on holiday* and missed 2 episodes and within 10 minutes on my first day back got asked if i had caught up with it yet, the move to channel 4 might have seen the viewing figures dip again but its popularity seems as high as ever to me, i'm currently watching the old series too on netflix with my partner who hadn't seen them, the show has definitely got better, i can see why people don't like noel fielding but the actual baking on the show and the challenges are a lot better

* went to morocco, ended up watching french tv and of course french bake off, its a lot more casual, a lot more messing about and getting to know the contestants, the quality on show is nowhere near what our lot can do, they only seemed to do 2 things per episode too, they fill the rest of the time showing more of the contestants who all live in a big house together

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

couldn't agree more

Hide contents

not screaming fix from the rooftops but it definitely felt like them papering over a potential winner having a bad week by kicking off someone who realistically was never winning instead, that said i thought the gay bloke who went a couple of weeks back was also a potential winner who got booted off after a nightmare week

its mad how at work (i work on a building site) so many people are talking about it, i went on holiday* and missed 2 episodes and within 10 minutes on my first day back got asked if i had caught up with it yet, the move to channel 4 might have seen the viewing figures dip again but its popularity seems as high as ever to me, i'm currently watching the old series too on netflix with my partner who hadn't seen them, the show has definitely got better, i can see why people don't like noel fielding but the actual baking on the show and the challenges are a lot better

* went to morocco, ended up watching french tv and of course french bake off, its a lot more casual, a lot more messing about and getting to know the contestants, the quality on show is nowhere near what our lot can do, they only seemed to do 2 things per episode too, they fill the rest of the time showing more of the contestants who all live in a big house together

Spoiler

Yeah I wouldn't say fix. They do say they take previous weeks into account. But he definitely lost the week. if that had been week 1 he'd have gone no question.

I hated that gay bloke. Not for being gay obviously! But he was so **** cocky and arrogant, he drove me mad.
he'd had a couple of wobbles before his really bad week though. I wanted him to go since day 1 so I noticed when he was in the running to be kicked off!

Whereas Rahul has been almost flawless every week.

It's a great show. People will turn their nose up because it's cakes and baking and it's meant to be for old ladies.
But it's better than Masterchef or The Apprentice or any of those similar formats.

I didn't watch much of it when it was on the BBC but I think Noel and Sandi are better than the previous two. And that's from somebody who despised Noel Fielding until Bakeoff. I don't care for any of his comedy stuff.

Oh and there's a great clip of the french bakeoff (I think it's the french one) where their technical challenge is a jaffa cake and none of them have a clue what it is :D 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Finished American Vandal season 2 just now.  At its heart it's an enjoyable whodunnit hidden behind a load pranks involving shit, and actually a pretty decent commentary on the use of social media amongst the young'uns.  8/10 WB. 

Edited by sharkyvilla

I am a bit late to the party, but I started watching The Inbetweeners, and I powered through the 3 seasons as it had me hooked.

Brilliant, and absolutely hilarious! The last ep where they go camping nearly killed me.

I read somewhere that the Americans made a version of it. Is it shit like everything else they get their hands on?

• Like 2

Â