Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Started watching Handmaiden's Tale due to some of the comments on here. Brutal but brilliant. Gone through Season 1 and have watched the first episode of Season 2.

Praise be.

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

Started watching Handmaiden's Tale due to some of the comments on here. Brutal but brilliant. Gone through Season 1 and have watched the first episode of Season 2.

Praise be.

Under his eye

• Like 1

I'm a few episodes into Handmaid's Tale too. It seems very good so far.

Completely not what I had expected. i thought it was some sort of period drama. I think the word "Handmaid" gave me a false impression :D 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm a few episodes into Handmaid's Tale too. It seems very good so far.

Completely not what I had expected. i thought it was some sort of period drama. I think the word "Handmaid" gave me a false impression :D 

I was in exactly the same position. Had totally written it off based on the name of the show and the fact that all is seen were the girls in red dresses and silly hats. Definitely not for me. 

Thankfully I relented to the gf’s requests to watch it with her. What a blessed day that was. 

• Like 1

On 16/06/2018 at 10:04, mjmooney said:

S4 of The Bridge is getting a bit too complicated! 

Yeah just watched the latest episode. Only two more to go that's a lot of wrapping up to do. Though it's all about Saga and Henrik for me. The way it's going, I wonder if she'll turn to Martin in a late twist :D

9 minutes ago, sne said:

I'm quite enjoying this World Cup thing.

3 episodes per day and lots of things going on. A few filler episodes of course and not enough bewbs but still very good.

8/10 WB

Plenty of words removed though, especially in the last Portugal episode.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Westworld is doing my head in. Unnecessarily complicated. 

I'm spending 75% of the time trying to figure out at which point we are in the story, so I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that maybe the story just isn't that good. 

Enjoying the Handmaid's Tale much more and it doesn't constantly bounce between 5 stories and 5 different timelines. 

A linear narrative, imagine that!

• Like 1

half way through unsolved the murders of biggie and tupac

interesting set up to it looking at the original investigation and a new one, the best part of it is of course the story of biggie and tupac which is pretty well told and its a bit weird that some of the actors have played the same characters in various films (suge knight is the same in all eyez on me tupac is the same in straight outta compton) definitely does a better telling of tupac's story than all eyez on me, biggie i cant really remember notorious, production, writing, acting etc are all pretty average, would say the use of music isnt as good as it should be, hoping they put their cock on the block and say something at the end

its definitely worth a watch if you like the 2 of them

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

half way through unsolved the murders of biggie and tupac

interesting set up to it looking at the original investigation and a new one, the best part of it is of course the story of biggie and tupac which is pretty well told and its a bit weird that some of the actors have played the same characters in various films (suge knight is the same in all eyez on me tupac is the same in straight outta compton) definitely does a better telling of tupac's story than all eyez on me, biggie i cant really remember notorious, production, writing, acting etc are all pretty average, would say the use of music isnt as good as it should be, hoping they put their cock on the block and say something at the end

its definitely worth a watch if you like the 2 of them

Last Podcast on the Left is currently doing a series on Tupac and Biggie, the intro for which the basically said there isn't a mystery about the deaths and it's well known who is responsible in each case.

I know absolutely nothing about them so I can't say how accurate they've been in the telling of the story, but they seemed pretty confident about it all. Final part should be out tomorrow.

actually kinda enjoying s3 of Colony.

First 2 seasons were ok-ish but certainly nothing special.

For a low budget run of the mill sci-fi series this one is not the worst ever.

Started SEAL Team, starring David Boreanaz

Watchable TV. You don't need to concentrate, just put it on and veg out. 

Finished it last night, well worth a watch, wouldnt say it puts its cock on the block but it definitely says something at the end 

Could have spent more time just telling the tupac and biggie story (but probably at the expense of showing why its still unsolved) and like i said before the biggest mistep for me is the lack of soundtrack 

But if the question is why hasnt anyone ever been charged for the murders then i think it shows you why so from that perspective it did give me something new and interesting 

Â