Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Watching quite a few comedies at the moment.

Big Bang Theory - still solid, it's comfort viewing these days more than looking for the Lols 

Young Sheldon - BBT prequel, talked into it by the wife and I love it. Funnier than the main show.

Modern Family - Same as BBT, but Phil Dunphy still cracks me up.

Brooklyn 99 - Amazing. Some weirdos on here don't like it, but weirdos can be a bit weird.

You're the Worst - New thing on Comedy Central and worth a watch. lead female is hot.

Silicon Valley - Do you like Octopus? Amazing show 

It's always sunny (S2)...- Danny Devito has arrived and now I'm seeing it. Hilarious.

Parks and Recreation - stopped watching because I was getting through them too fast and I love it too much. Just picked up midway through S6. Ron Swanson is the greatest character of all time. 

Will and Grace (re-boot) - Not bad to be fair. Not amazing, but not bad. 

The Good Place - Genius show. Ted Danson is amazing. 

Disjointed: You need to smoke the devils lettuce. Quite funny if you do, awful if you don't. 

New series of Atlanta in 2 weeks as well and that is awesome. 

14 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Big Bang Theory - still solid, it's comfort viewing these days more than looking for the Lols 

Young Sheldon - BBT prequel, talked into it by the wife and I love it. Funnier than the main show.

Brooklyn 99 - Amazing. Some weirdos on here don't like it, but weirdos can be a bit weird.

You're the Worst - New thing on Comedy Central and worth a watch. lead female is hot.

It's always sunny (S2)...- Danny Devito has arrived and now I'm seeing it. Hilarious.

Parks and Recreation - stopped watching because I was getting through them too fast and I love it too much. Just picked up midway through S6. Ron Swanson is the greatest character of all time. 

Disjointed: You need to smoke the devils lettuce. Quite funny if you do, awful if you don't. 

bloody hell. how did you even find the time to type that message!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

bloody hell. how did you even find the time to type that message!

I don't binge watch stuff as a general rule. I'm always watching loads at once, but like to spread stuff out. 

Comedies are in addition to:

Legion 

The Crossing 

Humans 

Westworld 

X-Files 

Better Call Saul 

Black Mirror

Handmaids Tale 

Suits 

Edited by wazzap24

19 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I don't agree with a lot of that list! Its always sunny is amazing though so you will enjoy that for sure. Atlanta S2 has already aired on American TV so I have seen it all, its still good and shot really well but not quite on a par with the first series I thought.

• Like 2

On 29/05/2018 at 10:23, Wainy316 said:

Wow, Cobra Kai.  Everything I hoped for and more.  Watched all 10 episodes yesterday.

Yep!! brilliant! i watched all ten episodes in one go on day it came out! can't wait for Season 2

New Arrested Development. Part 1 of season 5. Much better than 4 but not as good as 1-3. Still fantastic though except you can’t help but find the whole thing a tad awkward when Jeffrey Tambor is on screen. Distinct lack of Buster too (other filming commitments). Gob is great this season. As weird as it will be I just wish George Michael Jr and Maeby would hurry it up though. 

Ready for part 2 now.

Edited by Ingram85

28 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

New Arrested Development. Part 1 of season 5.

I didn't even know this was happening so consider me cheered up . (Still in the Villa gutter)

(I actually liked season 4 BTW)

13 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I didn't even know this was happening so consider me cheered up . (Still in the Villa gutter)

(I actually liked season 4 BTW)

Oh it was still great but not 1-3 great. Although the season 4 ‘remix’ Netflix has put out a few weeks ago helps a lot with pacing and running storylines.

• Like 1

started series 5 of vikings

i think the mythology of it and a couple of cool moments per series keeps me going but its not actually that good, probably 6/10, theres a lot of shit characters (all of the sons now apart from bjorn) still think it jumps around too much rather than having proper established story arcs

Just finished Chicago PD season 5, that last episode was **** brilliant!

Also watched season one of The Americans, very good indeed.

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

started series 5 of vikings

i think the mythology of it and a couple of cool moments per series keeps me going but its not actually that good, probably 6/10, theres a lot of shit characters (all of the sons now apart from bjorn) still think it jumps around too much rather than having proper established story arcs

Yeah, it's definitely deteriorating. I think it peaked with the siege of Paris and the Ecbert (Linus Roache) storyline. 

We'll keep watching, regardless. And a new series of Versailles starts next week. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I would say i have liked expanding it all and finding out who these characters really were 

Being a history geek, I end up spending ages checking on which bits are (arguably) historical (or at least from the Sagas), and which are pure invention by the filmmakers. 

It's probably been discussed before but has anyone watched American Gods? Finished that recently but still not sure what to make of it. It looked beautiful in parts but at times I felt the main storyline dragged a little and I found some of the characters pretty annoying, although I liked Ian McShane's.

Also Better Call Saul season 4 announced for early August - looking forward to that. The last season was very strong.

Edited by Troglodyte

Â