Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

17 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Latest episode of West World was kinda disappointing. Seems like a bad made for TV movie at points. Strange as the production values are normally out of this world.

Hide contents

Im not sure why they needed to take the story through Shogun World. Just because it's cool to have ninjas? Or is it to sell to the Asian market. I've always loved the show up until now but it all felt a bit contrived. 

Yeah, I'm not really feeling season 2 so far.

It's not that it's bad, it's just not particularly good either.

21 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I felt the exact same way when watching Brooklyn 99. Thought it was very cheap humour at best and could not understand why it was highly rated. Was awful.

Me too, it's a bloody awful show

Really enoying The Blacklist.  Just over halfway through season 3 now (23 eps per season ftw!).  Reddington is a brilliant character. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Davkaus said:

After all of the uproar about Brooklyn 99 being cancelled, then saved, I decided to give it a go.

Absolutely shit. Almost unbelievably so. Just so incredibly bad, with no redemption, at all.

Every character is a stereotype. The dialog is dreadful. It does that terrible Family Guy thing for every other joke - "hey remember when absurd thing happened" <flashback>. Every attempt at humour is telegraphed with a neon sign pointed at it so the stupidest viewer doesn't miss that they're trying to be funny

I gave it five episodes as I figured they might just be finding their feet in the first couple, but there's zero improvement.

yes agreed. 

I gave it a season and a half to see if it improved.   It didn't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Indeed. Bloody grim and harrowing though. 

Harrowing is the perfect word.

It's not an easy watch at times, but it's bloody brilliant imo. 

• Like 1

On 21/05/2018 at 02:27, Stevo985 said:

Finished "Safe"

It all gets a bit silly in the end doesn't it? Plus I guessed the killer with about 2 and a half episodes to go which spoiled any big reveal.

Still think it was decent overall, but lets itself down by the end.

I just finished it after a 2 day binge.  Liked it at first but felt like it was about 4 episodes too long.  Too many people who seemd guilty before having an obvious decent alibi. 

Spoiler

Also the father of the girl who had the party - what a terrible character - turned it into Del Boy & Rodney-esque comedy!

• Like 1

On 21/05/2018 at 20:43, TheAuthority said:

Latest episode of West World was kinda disappointing. Seems like a bad made for TV movie at points. Strange as the production values are normally out of this world.

Reveal hidden contents

Im not sure why they needed to take the story through Shogun World. Just because it's cool to have ninjas? Or is it to sell to the Asian market. I've always loved the show up until now but it all felt a bit contrived. 

Bit hit and miss for me.

Spoiler

I'm not too invested in Maeve's storyline, and I didn't think with such a sprawling story, we needed even more characters introduced. Didn't really care for the whole Shogun thing at all, really. Please, narrative guy, tell us again that 'this isn't in the story'. Are the hosts not acting as you'd expect? 1.5 seasons in, this is hardly a **** revelation mate. One host has had you by the balls for almost an entire season, is that in the story?

Paint it Black, though. It took a few seconds to recognise the song, and when I did, I turned to the gf and said "They're not...Are they? The cheeky bastards". Had a big grin on my face through the entire scene, it was brilliant. 

Edited by Davkaus

24 Hours in Police Custody the other night was absolutely incredible.

I'd caught one from the previous series and thought it was really good, but this one was off the scale.  It certainly proves the old adage, there's nowt as queer as folk.

• Like 1

Lindelof has given some more hints towards what his Watchmen series will be. It's a modern not sequel follow on to the events of the comic, apparently, that remixes and revisits some of its themes.

It's going to be **** dreadful. Leave it alone. There's a reason it's considered a masterpiece in any form of fiction, and it's not because Lindelof can improve it.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2018 at 11:31, BOF said:

Really enoying The Blacklist.  Just over halfway through season 3 now (23 eps per season ftw!).  Reddington is a brilliant character. 

Agreed, but it goes on far too long. Lost interest after season 4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Bit hit and miss for me.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not too invested in Maeve's storyline, and I didn't think with such a sprawling story, we needed even more characters introduced. Didn't really care for the whole Shogun thing at all, really. Please, narrative guy, tell us again that 'this isn't in the story'. Are the hosts not acting as you'd expect? 1.5 seasons in, this is hardly a **** revelation mate. One host has had you by the balls for almost an entire season, is that in the story?

Paint it Black, though. It took a few seconds to recognise the song, and when I did, I turned to the gf and said "They're not...Are they? The cheeky bastards". Had a big grin on my face through the entire scene, it was brilliant. 

I feel the same as you about all of that.

Go on then 

Spoiler

What's the significance of the song? (I'm a dumbo!)

Â