Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

10 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Classic Albums, Grateful Dead, American Beauty& Anthem Of The Sun. 

Love Classic Albums. Listening to original multi tracks is always really interesting, as is having the band members talk through their writing and recording process.

Watched the Metallica one again a couple of weeks ago. Not a massive fan of the band, but that is a brilliantly recorded and produced album.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

8 episodes into 13 reasons why & it's been a long day so far, 6 hours to go... There really was no need for a season 2 at all

I watched the first couple of episodes yesterday and it does seem a little like as it was unexpectedly successful and they made a new season for the sake of it.  They've shoehorned the girl into it as his imagination or whatever, when they'd have been better doing a new series with a completely different cast of characters, perhaps basing it on a school shooting or something.

56 minutes ago, andym said:

Love Classic Albums. Listening to original multi tracks is always really interesting, as is having the band members talk through their writing and recording process.

Watched the Metallica one again a couple of weeks ago. Not a massive fan of the band, but that is a brilliantly recorded and produced album.

It's a very informative series. You find out stuff you'd never heard before. I can also watch it even if I'm not really  into that band/album. 

On 19/05/2018 at 11:13, wazzap24 said:

Not sure what to make of this at all.

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, but the trailer has done nothing for me.

The books are some of the best I've ever read, but this looks like such a departure from the source material, I'm not even sure its the same story. 

Worried. 

It's FOX

It will be cancelled after one season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I watched the first couple of episodes yesterday and it does seem a little like as it was unexpectedly successful and they made a new season for the sake of it.  They've shoehorned the girl into it as his imagination or whatever, when they'd have been better doing a new series with a completely different cast of characters, perhaps basing it on a school shooting or something.

I'm on episode 11 and yup, there's no point to it.

A different story would have been better. A school shooting would have been a good story for it 

I think Simon Reeves is fast becoming one of my favourite presenters/human beings. His Burma programme that was just on was incredible yet angering. Much like the Russian one. Don’t think he has made a bad programme yet. 

On 19/05/2018 at 06:13, wazzap24 said:

Not sure what to make of this at all.

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, but the trailer has done nothing for me.

The books are some of the best I've ever read, but this looks like such a departure from the source material, I'm not even sure its the same story. 

Worried. 

That looks absolutely dreadful and I will never watch it. Even in the trailer the dialogue is dreadful.

Plus the bastardization of Kate Bush at the end means it should be cancelled after one episode.

Finished "Safe"

It all gets a bit silly in the end doesn't it? Plus I guessed the killer with about 2 and a half episodes to go which spoiled any big reveal.

Still think it was decent overall, but lets itself down by the end.

On 18/05/2018 at 17:37, TheAuthority said:

Only watched part one so far, but as a heads up, it has some very gruesome video a one point. Be warned.

Reveal hidden contents

I was shocked that they could show that bomb going off around his neck. Didn't seem right somehow watching the last seconds of that blokes life.

I've seen the first episode too. Looks like it could be really good.

Spoiler

That part was brutal, but actually was a lot better than I thought it would be given the situation! I thought it would blow him to pieces.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Finished "Safe"

It all gets a bit silly in the end doesn't it? Plus I guessed the killer with about 2 and a half episodes to go which spoiled any big reveal.

Still think it was decent overall, but lets itself down by the end.

I thought the end was a bit less silly than the start with the crazy family and I did guess whodunnit pretty early on.  Worth a watch though.  Only thing I think I missed was

Spoiler

Who set fire to the black lady's house?  It wasn't the policewoman who did that from what I remember, was it that Bobby bloke?

Finished Evil Genius.

It's a bizarre story, I vaguely remember hearing about it in the years afterwards as one of those 'you won't believe this happened' takes, but it ultimately isn't as interesting as you'd think it would be. It's also quite padded even for a 4 episode show.

Spoiler

There's something inherently uninteresting about a story where you kinda know the end game from the start. The show realises this too late and tries to reframe it's interest in the story at the death, and gets a revelation that isn't that interesting.

It isn't a what, or a who, and there's little to grasp in the why of the story - you've got a mentally ill woman with money trouble surrounded by easily manipulated hangers on of variously compromised morals... I wonder how this happened?!

• Like 1

After all of the uproar about Brooklyn 99 being cancelled, then saved, I decided to give it a go.

Absolutely shit. Almost unbelievably so. Just so incredibly bad, with no redemption, at all.

Every character is a stereotype. The dialog is dreadful. It does that terrible Family Guy thing for every other joke - "hey remember when absurd thing happened" <flashback>. Every attempt at humour is telegraphed with a neon sign pointed at it so the stupidest viewer doesn't miss that they're trying to be funny

I gave it five episodes as I figured they might just be finding their feet in the first couple, but there's zero improvement.

I need something else to watch apart from Fargo. I watched the first season on my own within a week. Now the gf is on board for season 2, so it's probably going to take about 6 months to watch the next 9 episodes.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

After all of the uproar about Brooklyn 99 being cancelled, then saved, I decided to give it a go.

Absolutely shit. Almost unbelievably so. Just so incredibly bad, with no redemption, at all.

Every character is a stereotype. The dialog is dreadful. It does that terrible Family Guy thing for every other joke - "hey remember when absurd thing happened" <flashback>. Every attempt at humour is telegraphed with a neon sign pointed at it so the stupidest viewer doesn't miss that they're trying to be funny

I gave it five episodes as I figured they might just be finding their feet in the first couple, but there's zero improvement.

I need something else to watch apart from Fargo. I watched the first season on my own within a week. Now the gf is on board for season 2, so it's probably going to take about 6 months to watch the next 9 episodes.

I felt the exact same way when watching Brooklyn 99. Thought it was very cheap humour at best and could not understand why it was highly rated. Was awful.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought the end was a bit less silly than the start with the crazy family and I did guess whodunnit pretty early on.  Worth a watch though.  Only thing I think I missed was

Hide contents

Who set fire to the black lady's house?  It wasn't the policewoman who did that from what I remember, was it that Bobby bloke?

Spoiler

Yes I think that was Bobby after he'd killed her.

I thought it all started to get stupid when it was linked back to the fire, and the son being in the psychiatric hospital with the burnt face. Dunno I just thought it got a bit far fetched.

There was also loads of times when I was wondering out loud why the main guy didn't just tell the **** police what he knew rather than bombing around on his own. It's the police and you're shagging the lead detective, it's not like they're gonna fob you off!

• Thanks 1

Brooklyn 99 is just so wonderfully daft and silly. Like every show ever made though some will like it some won’t. Each to their own. You’re wrong but each to their own ?.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

Latest episode of West World was kinda disappointing. Seems like a bad made for TV movie at points. Strange as the production values are normally out of this world.

Spoiler

Im not sure why they needed to take the story through Shogun World. Just because it's cool to have ninjas? Or is it to sell to the Asian market. I've always loved the show up until now but it all felt a bit contrived. 

Â