Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I hate it when you finish a show you have been binging on for a while. Kind of feels odd not watching it. 

Up to speed on Elementary now... must have watched 80 episodes in the last couple of months. I know its far away from being a classic but I found it enjoyable and relaxing to watch. 

I've just started this great show called The Sopranos. Came out about 20 years ago...

My word it's amazing.

Look forward to my review of The Wire in ten years time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

After only ever catching the occasional one on telly, I'm currently binging on Inside No.9 and it really is excellent. I was never a huge fan of The League (tin hat on) but this is all excellent stuff.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Up to speed on Elementary now... must have watched 80 episodes in the last couple of months. I know its far away from being a classic but I found it enjoyable and relaxing to watch. 

Im not sure if you're allowed to say it but its a lot better than sherlock

• Like 1

5 hours ago, choffer said:

After only ever catching the occasional one on telly, I'm currently binging on Inside No.9 and it really is excellent. I was never a huge fan of The League (tin hat on) but this is all excellent stuff.

Me too, but I've done it the other way round.  Love Inside Number 9 but League of Gentlemen I've struggled to get into having started watching it for the first time a month or two ago.

New series of Taskmaster tonight B)

Edited by sharkyvilla

Started watching 'lucky' on Netflix. Subtle as a brick, hammy and plain odd, the whole premise of it shouldn't work.....i just love it!

Ex cop turned hit man starts seeing a young girls imaginary friend...a cartoon blue unicorn. It's just bat shit crazy.

Based on a graphic novel it has the feel of natural born killers type trippy world crossed with sledgehmmer.

Id say it's definately marmite though!

On 25/04/2018 at 08:48, AVFCDAN said:

Being serious, its probably the best looking TV show I have ever seen, the budget must have been unreal.

I would probably rate it 7/10, started really strongly but didn't quite hold it all the way through for me.

With you on that. The lead up was great tv (keeping the killer hidden was a great move) but the ending was rushed. Dissapointing tbh as the rest was so good.

Still better than most things on tv mind...just could have been special.

• Like 1

My favourite Sunny episodes:

"Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare"

"Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack"

"Charlie Work"

Special mention to the boat episode purely for Dennis' implied threat when he takes women out to Sea.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 3

They're really playing with the Dennis as a murderer gag more and more and it's hilarious. The show basically needs all five of them to work. They are all sociopaths in their own funny ways.

Finished vikings season 1, its solid enough, some good characters, some great norse lore (finishing GoW helped get me in the mood) the acting isnt always decent but the shows main issue is i think its a bit skittish, the main story arc across the 9 epiosdes jumped around too much, i will watch series 2 but the writing needs to be better

Enjoying this series of Westworld more than the first. Less convoluted, so far, although an annoying character is featuring more often. I hope they get scalped.

On 21/04/2018 at 14:05, sharkyvilla said:

I'm one of those who watched a couple of series of The Sopranos and thought it was ok but nothing special (and yes I'm a big fan of 24 too).  I guess I could go back and retry it at some stage.

I watched 7 episodes of season one and thought this is one of the shittest programmes ever and havent been back.

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I watched 7 episodes of season one and thought this is one of the shittest programmes ever and havent been back.

You watch shite like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage but call The Sopranos one of the shittest programmes ever...

cdc.png

Edited by Stevo985

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You watch shite like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage but call The Sopranos one of the shittest programmes ever...

cdc.png

Hahaha stevo I may have seen them doesnt mean I like them. Jessica Jones season one was good seaaon 2 I didn't like.

Luke cage was crap. You clearly don't sound like much of a marvel fan! It might get better later on sopranos but anyone who says the first  seven episodes are good are lying. Its boring as **** and the jokes are lame.

Edited by Demitri_C

Â