Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Guys, I'm sure you'll all be devastated to hear that the new series of Jersey Shore isn't very good

33 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I still remember the meme of that guy headbutting the wall.

To be honest, if a show like that manages to lead to one decent-quality meme, that's about as much as can be expected really. 

• Like 1

Jersey Shore was actually brilliant for probably 3 or 4 seasons. I know it doesn't fit in with the usual VT approved TV shows, but it was really good.

It's absolutely shit now mind you.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Jersey Shore was actually brilliant for probably 3 or 4 seasons. I know it doesn't fit in with the usual VT approved TV shows, but it was really good.

It's absolutely shit now mind you.

I'm looking forward to the new series of Love Island already :unsure:... Its awful but somehow manages to draw you in to keep following it.

I think we (me and the wife) have watched all of the series of it, including what I think was the first one which was a celebrity version featuring Lee Sharp, Abi Titmus and Jane Middlemiss :lol: 

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'm looking forward to the new series of Love Island already :unsure:... Its awful but somehow manages to draw you in to keep following it.

I think we (me and the wife) have watched all of the series of it, including what I think was the first one which was a celebrity version featuring Lee Sharp, Abi Titmus and Jane Middlemiss :lol: 

Yeah that's decent too, although it tails off once they settle into couples, imo.

Reality TV is largely utter shite. But the odd show creeps through that is entertaining.

• Like 1

Really random question, but it's related to a TV Show.

I've been re-watching Friday Night Dinner recently on Netflix. It's a Channel 4 show.

But at the start of it on Netflix you get a BBC splash screen.

How does that work?

I can't get past the fact BCS is a spin-off, and therefore in my mind can't be as good.  I know I'm probably wrong.  I'm just prejudiced towards spin-offs.

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

I can't get past the fact BCS is a spin-off, and therefore in my mind can't be as good.  I know I'm probably wrong.  I'm just prejudiced towards spin-offs.

There's always exceptions to the rule. This is definitely one of them.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BOF said:

BCS is so good that you could watch it with the sound off and still enjoy it.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Really random question, but it's related to a TV Show.

I've been re-watching Friday Night Dinner recently on Netflix. It's a Channel 4 show.

But at the start of it on Netflix you get a BBC splash screen.

How does that work?

It looks like it's distributed by BBC Worldwide.  For example I believe BBC America shows a lot of UK programmes that they didn't originally show over here on the Beeb, so my best guess is that Friday Night Dinner is one of those, and Netflix get the rights from there rather than Channel 4.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BOF said:

Get past it, Brian. You're missing out, else.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Couldn't get into Westworld. I really wanted to. Shame on me

I liked it but it was nowhere near as good as the hype around it.

A lot of the first season was quite boring. 

On 26/04/2018 at 06:27, bickster said:

Brookmire, I think you’ll only find it on t'internet (it’s on that there daily motion)

http://dai.ly/x58kye8

Thats the trailer for Season 1, Season 2 just started

Stars and created by Hank Azaria of the Simpsons. A washed up alcoholic drug fiend baseball commentator, famous for a meltdown, arrives back in America after ten years abroad, in the minor leagues to try and revive his career

I like Brockmire. Tis great.

Westworld Season 2 has been awesome so far.

Silicon Valley is knocking it out the park too. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Brockmire is great, One of the few shows to actually make me laugh out loud on a regular basis although the rather crude humour may not be to everyones taste. Just watch the first few minutes of the first episode, if you don't like it you won't like the rest of it.

• Like 1

Â