Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, Genie said:

What do people think of the current run of Top Gear? I have to say I’m really enjoying it, they’ve taken it in a slightly different direction this season and it’s very good imo.

It makes the Grand Tour routine from Clarkson, May and Hammond look very tired and old.

As someone who never felt they had to be on one side of the TG/the GT fence, as it's perfectly possible to enjoy both, I think TG has now moved ahead of the GT.

The recent TG Japan episode was better than most of the GT episodes and as sharp as the best TG episodes before the split. MLB has improved immensely from his stilted side-kick to Evans role, Harris lacks a little charisma makes up for it by being a much better driver than any TG or tGT presenter and Reid is growing into his role as a decent presenter representing Mr. Average motoring viewer.

The GT is exactly what is to be expected from JC, RH and JM, backed with a massive production budget. Those who loved their 'banter' (however scripted), are likely to continue to enjoy GT.

As someone who can take or leave the GT lads banter, I'm left thinking that TG is currently the better motoring show. I think TG will be around long after the GT has been discontinued. Until then, I will be enjoying (mostly) both shows.

17 hours ago, coda said:

Has anyone watched Babylon Berlin? I'm one episode in and it looks promising.

I'm halfway through the second series and thought I'd be the only person watching it!

A solid 7 for the actual programme (story/acting/production quality) but it gains an extra mark from me for being so different to virtually anything else out there and because I have an interest, having visited many of the sites featured in Berlin. At an 8 out of 10 for me, I'm enjoying it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, brommy said:

As someone who never felt they had to be on one side of the TG/the GT fence, as it's perfectly possible to enjoy both, I think TG has now moved ahead of the GT.

The recent TG Japan episode was better than most of the GT episodes and as sharp as the best TG episodes before the split. MLB has improved immensely from his stilted side-kick to Evans role, Harris lacks a little charisma makes up for it by being a much better driver than any TG or tGT presenter and Reid is growing into his role as a decent presenter representing Mr. Average motoring viewer.

The GT is exactly what is to be expected from JC, RH and JM, backed with a massive production budget. Those who loved their 'banter' (however scripted), are likely to continue to enjoy GT.

As someone who can take or leave the GT lads banter, I'm left thinking that TG is currently the better motoring show. I think TG will be around long after the GT has been discontinued. Until then, I will be enjoying (mostly) both shows.

I agree with every word of this. Exactly where I’m at with both shows. :thumb: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

What do people think of the current run of Top Gear? I have to say I’m really enjoying it, they’ve taken it in a slightly different direction this season and it’s very good imo.

It makes the Grand Tour routine from Clarkson, May and Hammond look very tired and old.

Since they let Matt or blanc do it has been 20x better than evans

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Not watching much TV aside from Blacklist and Taken. Both easy to watch but quite forgettable. 

Was thinking of starting taken but am reluctant as I loved taken one so much

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Was thinking of starting taken but am reluctant as I loved taken one so much

The only thing it shares is its name. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

So no ones taken?

In the film(s) Bryan Mills is a retired CIA agent. This is set when he was in the CIA and carrying out missions etc. 

Its not a bad watch, give it a couple of episodes and see how you like it. 

22 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

On the third episode of The Assassination of Gianni Versace and pretty good so far.

Yeah and me, got a very different feel to it than the OJ one, not sure how much of it is true, read a bit about it and some of it is still apparently a bit grey, well thats not how the show depicts it, its put its cock on the block and said sonething which i like

Waiting for the biggie and tupac series to start up too

• Like 1

On 18/03/2018 at 09:41, Genie said:

Personally haven’t watched Grand Tour, I found the last few years on Top Gear were terrible, it was just Clarkson and Hammond out shouting each other. 

The new Top Gear is very good. It’s been toned down from where it was, going back to what made it so popular. Think Le Blanc has really grown into the role and is supported by the others well. 

Struggling to get through S3 of The 100.

Every single effin episode there is someone switching allegiances and a "unexpected" betrayal.

Even thou the story is ambling along the episodes are all the same.

It's like a much worse version of Battlestar Galactica, and to be honest I thought that was a bit over rated.

5 episodes in to jessica jones 2, finding it a bit boring if im honest, the trish, Malcolm and carrie anne moss subplots are all misses for me so far and they havent done a very good job of establishing why i should care about the antagonist 

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

5 episodes in to jessica jones 2, finding it a bit boring if im honest, the trish, Malcolm and carrie anne moss subplots are all misses for me so far and they havent done a very good job of establishing why i should care about the antagonist 

I'm on four episodes and I agree. Poor so far. Nowhere near as good as season one.

Â