Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished The Punisher last night instead of going to bed early for work today. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole series, very brutal scenes throughout. 

Fallen in love with Amber Rose Revah, she needs to get in my life. 

• Like 1

I can't believe how shit season two of Stranger Things is. I loved season one, but they've dragged out every Hollywood cliché that they could think of. The first two or three episodes weren't bad, but the second half is laughable. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I can't believe how shit season two of Stranger Things is. I loved season one, but they've dragged out every Hollywood cliché that they could think of. The first two or three episodes weren't bad, but the second half is laughable. 

Just another in the long line of shows that had a pretty much perfect 8/10/12/13 episode story to tell & didn't need a season 2 but it was popular so hey lets milk it for all it's worth...

What they should have done is explore more deeper into the upside down, not reduce the demogorgan into a group of pack dogs and have the big shadow spider thing be more of a threat. Billy and max were pointless. I still enjoyed it as it continues a good story but it was a 8/10 where as the first for me was a 10/10.

They need to focus on what is interesting instead of fluffing out aspects of the story that aren't interesting and don't cram it up with new characters that have no point in being there.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I still enjoyed it as it continues a good story but it was a 8/10 where as the first for me was a 10/10.

I think this is generous. I don't think it just pales in comparison to season 1, I think it was bad.

Crowbarring any love interests in they could think of.

That entire bloody awful Eleven "character development" episode.

Increasingly poor decisions by most characters

Spoiler

Hey guys, I've just figured it out, but I'm too busy to explain, so I'm just going to shout "VINES", then go and explore the underworld on my own

Ok, the policeman trained to use guns was perfectly happy going to do the Jurassic Park gauntlet on his own, but now Radioshack Bob is going to go, so the policeman can just stay back here, rather than giving him backup

Way too much Hollywood timing

Spoiler

I actually belly laughed at Bob's death that was telegraphed in advance with his clichéd as **** locking eyes with Joyce

That bus scene with the kids, eugh.

The guy from radioshack wandering in, and apparently having a photographic memory for maps. **** off, Bob.

I don't think they have any idea what made season 1 popular, their tweaks in season 2 have ruined it, IMO.

Edited by Davkaus

40 minutes ago, chappy said:

Long overdue, finally started The Wire, 5 episodes in and it hasn't disappointed so far!

I gave it about 5 episodes but it just didn’t grab me, I have no doubt about how great it is but I just couldn’t commit, maybe I’ll try again sometime.

I thoroughly enjoyed Stranger Things 2 - I don't watch it expecting an amazing story, the first series didn't have an amazing story, it had some great characters and the nostalgic feel works perfect. Second series seemed like there was a lot that was cut out or didn't get a chance to develop, I still don't know what the function of Max's brother was supposed to be, there was promise there but it just didn't come to fruition, maybe they are building him and Max up for the 3rd series, there is definitely a story to come from them. Elevens episode was just a complete mess, again maybe they will elaborate on it in the 3rd series.

The Sinner - Good series, after enjoying Stranger Things and MindHunter as much as I did though I think this just didn't quite reach the same heights and I probably would have rated it higher if they were not as fresh in my mind. It was really good but there were a few things that annoyed me about it, I won't go into them because they are pretty big spoilers (even my sister had a whinge about one of the things that bothered me, if  my sister complains that something is stupid then it must be pretty bag as she doesn't question anything)

The Keepers - documentary series about a nun that was killed in the 60's, obviously there was a helluva lot of kiddie fiddling and sexual abuse going on and the church covered it up the only way they knew how, its pretty harrowing and at times it is really horrific to listen to, I've got the last two episodes to go, its been brilliant.

The Punisher - watched the first two episodes, I prefer the Marvel series to the actual films, The Punisher was great in DareDevil 2 and it is a good strong start to his own series so I'm hoping to enjoy this one as well.

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I gave it about 5 episodes but it just didn’t grab me, I have no doubt about how great it is but I just couldn’t commit, maybe I’ll try again sometime.

I did exactly the same, when me and my mate were living together for a while he was watching it, he absolutely loved it, I watched the first few episodes but didn't feel compelled to keep on watching.

My Dad was constantly raving about it at the same time as well, maybe some day I'll try to watch it again but I doubt it

On 11/13/2017 at 14:12, sheepyvillian said:

Yes , and I quite enjoyed it  . Always find Gleeson a great presence on screen and he didn't disappoint in this role ,although I found the end to be somewhat of an anti - climax. 

apparently him and his son from Star Wars are Villa fans as well :)

Finished The Punisher, binged most of it on Sunday.

I quite liked the first 3 episodes and the last 3 or so, the episodes in the middle was OK I guess.

Bernthal works well in the lead and all of the cast is good IMO. 

Extra points for the beautiful "Cools guys don't look at explosions" scene.

Solid 7/10 series. Good clean fun and family values :D

7 hours ago, sne said:

Finished The Punisher, binged most of it on Sunday.

I quite liked the first 3 episodes and the last 3 or so, the episodes in the middle was OK I guess.

Bernthal works well in the lead and all of the cast is good IMO. 

Extra points for the beautiful "Cools guys don't look at explosions" scene.

Solid 7/10 series. Good clean fun and family values :D

Now go and watch the film Punisher War Zone if you want even more brutal killing and over the top action.

Spoiler

My favourite scene involves The Punisher chasing down some parkour criminals running across a roof top and he literally launches some kind of RPG at one of them in mid air and vapourises him.

11 hours ago, chappy said:

Surprised at the lukewarm response to ST2 in this thread, I absolutely loved it. Only watched the first series about a month earlier so it was fresh in my mind.

I really enjoyed it too

12 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Just started The Deuce.

An interesting first episode with plenty of characters introduced but little to indicate where it'll go and how everyone's storylines will eventually overlap. 

Some great outfits too. 

I watched it all, and it's a really solid first season. I'm hoping this will run for a while, as there's plenty of scope to take this show in some interesting directions.

• Thanks 1

Â