Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Gutted to think they'll probably be no more House of cards, although understandable with these dreadful allegations. Such was my admiration for Spacey, that I feel almost like I've been violated. 

You might have been?  Have you ever been to one of his parties?

On 04/11/2017 at 10:55, sne said:

So Amazon and Warner Bros are negotiating with J.R.R Tolkien's estate about turning The Lord of the Rings into a TV series.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/lord-of-the-rings-tv-series-in-the-works-w511077

Shows what I know, Amazon have signed up for a multi series show set before FotR, with agreement to add new material, plus a possible spin off.

Apparently this was at the behest of the Tolkein Estate, which either just have changed its mind or the grandson has more sway now Christopher is knocking on.

The $250m for the rights alone (!) probably helped as well.

I still think I'd have preferred it if they left it alone.

Still they're investing in Good Omens so it's not all bad.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Shows what I know, Amazon have signed up for a multi series show set before FotR, with agreement to add new material, plus a possible spin off.

Apparently this was at the behest of the Tolkein Estate, which either just have changed its mind or the grandson has more sway now Christopher is knocking on.

The $250m for the rights alone (!) probably helped as well.

I still think I'd have preferred it if they left it alone.

Still they're investing in Good Omens so it's not all bad.

I'm not sure that will be good. A prequel means there is a lot not done by Tolkien meaning Amazon can create stories how they want. Whilst violence and sex makes good tv, it is afar stretch from Tolkien and the  full essence of the stories.

Really, really good final episode of Vice Principals. Best of the entire series by far with more laughs than every other episode combined. On the whole it's been a very mixed bag but after that episode, I'm sad to see it end. 

Spoiler

I was right about the shooter but didn't expect it to be revealed so early.

My one criticism was that Russell was sidelined a bit in this episode and I wish we'd found out what he'd done that was in his sister's diary! 

Oh and:

Spoiler

Stevie Janowski!

I guess I'll have to go back and watch Eastbound and Down now. :)

Edited by JB

10 hours ago, JB said:

Really, really good final episode of Vice Principals. Best of the entire series by far with more laughs than every other episode combined. On the whole it's been a very mixed bag but after that episode, I'm sad to see it end. 

Reveal hidden contents

My one criticism was that Russell was sidelined a bit in this episode and I wish we'd found out what he'd done that was in his sister's diary! 

Oh and:

Reveal hidden contents

Stevie Janowski!

Do you know if Eastbound and Down is available on any streaming services? I've looked in the usual places (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Sky Box Sets etc) but can't find it. Watch the first couple of seasons and loved it so would like to finish it off.

As far as I know, HBO shows are pretty difficult/impossible to find on the standard streaming sites. I had the first season on DVD and bought the second on iTunes. I watched the others, er, elsewhere... You may be able to locate them on similar 'providers' ;).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JB said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh and:

Reveal hidden contents

Stevie Janowski!

Spoiler

Good call on the shooter, It was slightly telegraphed in all honesty and I thought it seemed too obvious but it worked overall. I actually felt like the final episode lacked a bit of closure and didn't fully focus on any one character really. Stevie sitting in the chair was a masterstroke though and I will miss watching the show, it was the right time to end it though probably.

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Good call on the shooter, It was slightly telegraphed in all honesty and I thought it seemed too obvious but it worked overall. I actually felt like the final episode lacked a bit of closure and didn't fully focus on any one character really. Stevie sitting in the chair was a masterstroke though and I will miss watching the show, it was the right time to end it though probably.

Spoiler

I must admit that when Russell thought it could be her so early in the episode, I was expecting a ridiculous twist along the lines of it being Snodgrass - until Abbot shot him in the head! 

Very clumsy writing in terms of not having Russell deny it once in the previous episode.

On 07/11/2017 at 16:28, PieFacE said:

Think I stopped watching about 3 or 4 episodes in. 

Up to episode 8, yeah the storyline is depressing but it does get good.

Episode 8 is really depressing, but it had picked up.

Worth sticking with IMHO. 

3 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Just binge watched both seasons of Billions - fantastic stuff!

I disregarded it for a long time but finally gave it a go after a friend recommended it.  Damian Lewis and Paul Giamatti are both superb in it.

The wife suggested we watched it when it was first released. I'll admit I fully expected it to be a style over substance typical American drama with dodgy acting and a weak plot full of holes. How wrong I was. Never going to win awards but very, very enjoyable. I think I knew it would be good when I saw how the cigarette burn was cooled and by whom.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Watched the first few episodes of "Back" the new Mitchell and Webb show. Obviously its no "Peep Show" but pretty funny nonetheless and some great characters

A series that gets better by the episode. The character Geoff in episode 5 is hilarious. "Don't call me Geoff, he'll know I'm called Geoff!" :crylaugh:

Pleased to read that series 2 has been agreed.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, brommy said:

A series that gets better by the episode. The character Geoff in episode 5 is hilarious. "Don't call me Geoff, he'll know I'm called Geoff!" :crylaugh:

Pleased to read that series 2 has been agreed.

That scene was by far the funniest thing in the whole series. I enjoyed it overall, but that bit had me absolutely crying :crylaugh:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brommy said:

I think I knew it would be good when I saw how the cigarette burn was cooled and by whom.

Simply magnificent! Shame there wasn't more of her in those types of scenarios... mind you it was slightly made up for by Axelrod's missus having her waps out almost every episode!

• Like 1

Â