Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Only 1 episode to go and i think that's it, i;m sure i read they are only doing 2 seasons.

Hide contents

Thought it was interesting that when Gamby confronted Russell about shooting him he didn't actually say it was him. Will be interesting to see where they go with that, if it even was him or maybe he knows who did it.

Yep I read that they filmed it all at once, split it into two seasons and then that's that. 

Who do we reckon the shooter could be then?

Spoiler

I was thinking the same as you about Russell never actually admitting the shooting. I thought that it could have been the crazy teacher who was obsessed with him as she could've planted the stuff in the jeep when she turned up at Spring break. But again, maybe too obvious. I reckon they might go for a curveball like Snodgrass (even though that would be ridiculous).

15 minutes ago, JB said:

Yep I read that they filmed it all at once, split it into two seasons and then that's that. 

Who do we reckon the shooter could be then?

Reveal hidden contents

I was thinking the same as you about Russell never actually admitting the shooting. I thought that it could have been the crazy teacher who was obsessed with him as she could've planted the stuff in the jeep when she turned up at Spring break. But again, maybe too obvious. I reckon they might go for a curveball like Snodgrass (even though that would be ridiculous).

Spoiler

Not a bad shout on the crazy teacher, it could be her. I get the impression that Russell must know who did it though going by his reaction to Gamby, he didnt admit to it but he wasn't exactly protesting his innocence either.

17 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Ray Donovan...one of my all time fave shows. Season 5, and the first 4 episodes are SO **** depressing...lets get back to some violence Ray!

Think I stopped watching about 3 or 4 episodes in. 

Finished season 1 of Snowfall. Pretty decent.

It's not as good as Narcos or Breaking Bad obviously although it has themes from both those shows.

I grew up with the old "hood" movies from the 80'-90's (Juice, Menace II Society, Boyz NTH, Colors, South Central, Clockers,  Bound by Honor...) so it's all very familiar except that Hip-Hop hasn't quite made it big yet in L.A.

Not surprising as John Singleton is producer.

Yay

Amazon has greenlighted superhero drama The Boys to series with an eight-episode order. Based on the comic book by Garth Ennis (Preacher) and Darick Robertson, it was created by Supernatural creator and Timeless co-creator Eric Kripke and will be directed by the Preacher duo of Evan Goldbergand Seth Rogen. The project hails from Sony Pictures TV Studios, which will co-produce with Amazon, and Neal H. Moritz’s studio-based Original Films

12 hours ago, sne said:

Finished season 1 of Snowfall. Pretty decent.

It's not as good as Narcos or Breaking Bad obviously although it has themes from both those shows.

I grew up with the old "hood" movies from the 80'-90's (Juice, Menace II Society, Boyz NTH, Colors, South Central, Clockers,  Bound by Honor...) so it's all very familiar except that Hip-Hop hasn't quite made it big yet in L.A.

Not surprising as John Singleton is producer.

I said the below back on October 10th.

Spoiler
=

Just finished watching Snowfall and its excellent. The young kid playing Franklin puts in one of the most impressive performances I've seen recently. 

Its a great period piece to the time and you would expect nothing less from the director, he practically kick-started the genre with Boyz in the Hood 25 years ago.

The one caveat that stops this being a classic for me is that the 10 episode run follows 3 sets of characters and interchanges back and forth between them, this is jarring at time and worse still I quite frankly didn't care about the other sets of characters that we follow, its just that the one set I did want to follow was executed so well its hard not to love it. Along with the new series of Gomorrah the next series of Snowfall is definitely up there in the anticipation stakes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Fortitude. 4 episodes in and I have no idea what is going on. Where has Dumbledore gone? Wow, literally as I type he has reappeared asleep in his armchair. Strange show.

I stuck the series out and wish I hadn't bothered.

12 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Gutted to think they'll probably be no more House of cards, although understandable with these dreadful allegations. Such was my admiration for Spacey, that I feel almost like I've been violated. 

Tell the papers. There might be some money in it.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2017 at 13:51, sharkyvilla said:

Anyone know what's happening with House of Cards now?  I've only sat through the last two series in the hope Frank Underwood gets his comeuppance and got a feeling it'll never happen now.

Frank has been nonced off , I imagine he'll be impeached. 

On 25/10/2017 at 12:19, hogso said:

Did anybody watch Mr. Mercedes? I can't recall it being mentioned in here, but I could have missed it.

Yes , and I quite enjoyed it  . Always find Gleeson a great presence on screen and he didn't disappoint in this role ,although I found the end to be somewhat of an anti - climax. 

Â