Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I was discussing the LOTR films at work the other day (stemming from a conversation about Xmas movie traditions), it's odd to think they were filmed 18 years ago. That's a long **** time ago man. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hogso said:

I was discussing the LOTR films at work the other day (stemming from a conversation about Xmas movie traditions), it's odd to think they were filmed 18 years ago. That's a long **** time ago man. 

I always think about stuff like this.

When I was growing up in the 90s, if someone showed me a film from the late 70's early 80's that would seem ancient.

yet films that came out in the 90's don't seem old to me in the slightest. 

it scares me :D 

• Like 1

Finished Stranger Things 2 on the weekend.

It was... ok.

I thought it was a bit slow to get going, then once it did get going it was pretty damn good, whilst never reaching the heights of the first one.

The let down for me was the Eleven storyline, no spoilers. I just didn't really care about her this time around.

Worth a watch, but a bit of a let down.

• Like 1

finished narcos season 3 last night

it dropped to probably 8/10 for me, still really enjoyed it, the 2 new DEA agents were ok and pena is good enough to carry it, david was fleshed out a bit but didnt quite hit the mark, nevegante is a better nutter baddie character, jorge's story arc was decent enough, the CIA meddling / corruption stuff was good, id say my biggest disappointment was with the cali cartel, miguel and gilberto are the bigger players so got more screen time but chepe and pacho are the better characters

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Finished Stranger Things 2 on the weekend.

It was... ok.

I thought it was a bit slow to get going, then once it did get going it was pretty damn good, whilst never reaching the heights of the first one.

The let down for me was the Eleven storyline, no spoilers. I just didn't really care about her this time around.

Worth a watch, but a bit of a let down.

Pretty much echo my thoughts there, was always going to struggle to reach the heights of the first one, especially when it came out of nowhere with no expectations behind it.

On 10/30/2017 at 11:19, Paddywhack said:

I enjoyed the second season, but there's just a couple of things that bugged me..

Hide contents

The storyline with Max's stepbrother and stepfather didn't really seem to go anywhere and the inclusion of them both seemed a bit pointless. I thought he was going to end up being a hero towards the end or something but nothing came of it.

Same with Eleven and her 'sister'. You could skip that whole episode and the only thing you'd wonder is where Eleven got her new clothes. It gave a little bit of background of Eleven I guess, but I didn't think it was really necessary. 

I'm guessing they were just set up for a third season.

My thoughts exactly. Definitely set ups for future seasons

Spoiler

I would guess given that Eleven and her sister are 8 and 11, there could well be at least 9 others out there who might all play a part.

Which to be honest sounds quite shit now that I've suggested it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Anyone know what's happening with House of Cards now?  I've only sat through the last two series in the hope Frank Underwood gets his comeuppance and got a feeling it'll never happen now.

They have shut down production but want to resume with the story focusing on Claire iirc. Who is the worst part of the show by miles. And if they aren't dealing with Spacey anymore I don't imagine it'll be a clean transition to that plot line and won't be weird at all that the main character has literally vanished.

The show's effectively dead imo.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They have shut down production but want to resume with the story focusing on Claire iirc. Who is the worst part of the show by miles. And if they aren't dealing with Spacey anymore I don't imagine it'll be a clean transition to that plot line and won't be weird at all that the main character has literally vanished.

The show's effectively dead imo.

Thought as much.  Part of me wishes that those he abused had kept their mouths shut for another year.  I've always thought Bob Mortimer looks a bit like Kevin Spacey, they could get him to do it instead.

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The most recent season of House of Cards bored me to tears anyway. Only got to about episode 4 and gave up.

Shame because it started off as a brilliant show.

I thought the last one was alright but the one before with the Russian President was one of the hardest watches I've ever had.  Having slogged through it and not getting a proper finish after all that effort will be a bit of a shitter.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Anyone know what's happening with House of Cards now?  I've only sat through the last two series in the hope Frank Underwood gets his comeuppance and got a feeling it'll never happen now.

In one way, he has . . .

Finished Mindhunter. 

Really interesting story to learn more about and well done.

Looking forward to season 2.

Spoiler

Hopefully we will get to learn more about the Dennis Rader (BTK) story next season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Thought as much.  Part of me wishes that those he abused had kept their mouths shut for another year.  I've always thought Bob Mortimer looks a bit like Kevin Spacey, they could get him to do it instead.

I'll admit I did LOL :D

On 10/31/2017 at 13:40, JB said:

I can't make up my mind about Vice Principals... I'm a huge fan of the first season of Eastbound and Down - it's almost the perfect season of comedy in my eyes and I must have watched it at least 20 times. The other three, not so much. They were mostly pretty shit and relied too much on shock value.

Vice Principals is similar in that it doesn't seem to have any actual jokes - it's just people swearing at each other with the occasional shocking/uncomfortable moment. The only laughs for me have been Gamby's turns of phrase. But that's better than no laughs at all and after saying all this, on the whole, I've enjoyed it. 

Only 1 episode to go and i think that's it, i;m sure i read they are only doing 2 seasons.

Spoiler

Thought it was interesting that when Gamby confronted Russell about shooting him he didn't actually say it was him. Will be interesting to see where they go with that, if it even was him or maybe he knows who did it.

Â