Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

"Last Night's Terrifying Twin Peaks Will Be Remembered as One of the Best Episodes of Television Ever" - Esquire 

"Episode eight – the most mind-melting, majestic outing yet" - Guardian 

"This is literally some of the most insane, experimental shit that has ever been broadcast on television" - Den of Geek

This pretty much sums up this week's episode. Like nothing else you'll ever see.

The lack of TP chat in this thread is bumming me out. Get on it VT, it's an experience not to be missed. These other shows you're watching are just 2nd string bitches. 

Edited by wazzap24

3 hours ago, Gillz said:

I've just got into the West Wing recently, watched a few episodes and got hooked instantly.

Just finished the final episode of season 2 ('two cathedrals') and i think its one of the greatest episodes of tv i've ever seen.

Well worth a watch for anyone who missed out on it the first time around like i did!

it's superb, I always periodically re-watch the show, funnily enough currently approaching two cathedrals now. It has a slight dip ( relatively speaking ) in the latter seasons but finishes strongly, but definitely one of the top 10 best TV shows ever made. 

In terms of discovering oldies, I am enjoying Cheers for the first time!

3 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

"Last Night's Terrifying Twin Peaks Will Be Remembered as One of the Best Episodes of Television Ever" - Esquire 

"Episode eight – the most mind-melting, majestic outing yet" - Guardian 

"This is literally some of the most insane, experimental shit that has ever been broadcast on television" - Den of Geek

This pretty much sums up this week's episode. Like nothing else you'll ever see.

The lack of TP chat in this thread is bumming me out. Get on it VT, it's an experience not to be missed. These other shows your watching are just 2nd string bitches. 

Do I have to have watched the original series?

15 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

You don't have to, maybe. But you really should.

It's a milestone in television and in parts brilliant.

And you will absolutely enjoy the new episodes much, much more.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

What @sne said. 

There is a clip somebody made online somewhere that sums up the originals in a few minutes, but you really should watch it all.

plus, it's kind of cool going straight from the old to the new with no break, it really adds something imo. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sne said:

You don't have to, maybe. But you really should.

It's a milestone in television and in parts brilliant.

And you will absolutely enjoy the new episodes much, much more.

Are you watching the new ones? 

5 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Are you watching the new ones? 

I am, but I'm only 2 episodes in.

Decided I will binge watch it a rainy day in the near future.

13 minutes ago, sne said:

I am, but I'm only 2 episodes in.

Decided I will binge watch it a rainy day in the near future.

Wait until you get to episode 8. I've never seen anything like it on TV. 

About to hit halfway and there are still more new things happening each week, adding more and more layers of WTF. I have no real clue as to the actual story, or where it's going :lol:

I can't overstate how utterly brilliant I think it's been so far. If the second half holds up Lynch should win all the awards in the world for it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gillz said:

I've just got into the West Wing recently, watched a few episodes and got hooked instantly.

Just finished the final episode of season 2 ('two cathedrals') and i think its one of the greatest episodes of tv i've ever seen.

Well worth a watch for anyone who missed out on it the first time around like i did!

It's my favourite ever programme, glad you're enjoying it.

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I watched that earlier today and that was pretty much my exact reaction...

I mean... I knew it'd be shit.

...but that shit?

How did anyone involved look at that and think it was good enough?

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

"At least you can't make it as bad as iron fist"

"hold my beer"

thatll be same as agents of shield, shown on channel 4 in some shitty time slot, a few will watch the first episode, hardly any will watch the last, everything about it looked cheap and horrible

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

"At least you can't make it as bad as iron fist"

"hold my beer"

thatll be same as agents of shield, shown on channel 4 in some shitty time slot, a few will watch the first episode, hardly any will watch the last, everything about it looked cheap and horrible

It's literally the same bloke as Iron Fist behind it funnily enough. I don't think that was that bad, just nowhere near as good as it should have been.

But this... Wow. 

Preacher's back. 

First two episodes are much more entertaining than the first series. Pretty much any scene with Cass or the Saint in is great. 

Spoiler

Although I have a fundamental issue that they have the saint of killers, missing his targets with some shots. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hogso said:

Through the darkness of future's past

The magician longs to see

One chants out between two worlds

Fire walk with me

"This is the water and this is the well.

Drink full and descend.

The horse is the white of the eyes, dark within,"

Gotta Light? 

• Like 1

Â