• limpid

Just visiting?   27/12/16

Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
Folski

Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

15,050 posts in this topic

Posted

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought other way round personally, although the villain in one is better

It's a messier season IMO. It's got great moments, really great moments, and obviously adds in a good character played extremely well, but it has worse lulls and the plot is too bitty and divided. And it adds a character I can't stand played by the wrong actor. I still really enjoyed it, I've always loved Daredevil as a character and the second series builds on him and the dichotomy with being Matt Murdock too, but... That first series is so singularly good. And being an origin for Fisk really works exceptionally well.

I've a feeling Daredevil will be the best part of the Defenders, even from the little snippets we've had so far.

Posted

Currently on El Chapo, not as good as Narcos but still a good watch.

Posted

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Currently on El Chapo, not as good as Narcos but still a good watch.

Neither are a patch on Gomorrah.

2 people like this

Posted

5 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Neither are a patch on Gomorrah.

Agreed

Posted (edited)

Really enjoyed GLOW. It's camp, it's cheesy but it's a 5 hour show about camp & cheesy ladies wrestling in the 80's so kinda to be expected.

If you watch it & enjoy it then i would recommend also watching the documentary on the real ladies of glow wrestling to see how close to reality the TV show actually is. (GLOW : The story of the gorgeous ladies of wrestling, also on netflix)

Oh & you'll also get to see Alison Brie & rather surprisingly Kate Nash with no top on for a while.

Edited by LakotaDakota

Posted

Sold

Posted

And if you really liked GLOW, watch some Joshi! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Any series where you get to see Alison Bree's boobs is good by me. 

Watched the whole of Glow yesterday whilst hungover, it's was alright, nothing amazing.

Posted

Really, really wanted to love The Leftovers, particularly after the wonderful first few episodes of season 3. But it just fizzled out in the end and was ultimately all a bit pointless. I could feel the smug and self-satisfaction of Lindelof coming through my screen.

I don't know, maybe I'm just not smart enough to understand it but there was so much promise that it didn't fulfil IMO.

Fargo season 3 next. Can't wait. I know that I'm going to love that. :)

Posted

Good season ending of American  Gods really sets it up for next season.