Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Really enjoyed GLOW. It's camp, it's cheesy but it's a 5 hour show about camp & cheesy ladies wrestling in the 80's so kinda to be expected.

If you watch it & enjoy it then i would recommend also watching the documentary on the real ladies of glow wrestling to see how close to reality the TV show actually is. (GLOW : The story of the gorgeous ladies of wrestling, also on netflix)

Oh & you'll also get to see Alison Brie & rather surprisingly Kate Nash with no top on for a while.

Edited by LakotaDakota

Really, really wanted to love The Leftovers, particularly after the wonderful first few episodes of season 3. But it just fizzled out in the end and was ultimately all a bit pointless. I could feel the smug and self-satisfaction of Lindelof coming through my screen.

I don't know, maybe I'm just not smart enough to understand it but there was so much promise that it didn't fulfil IMO.

Fargo season 3 next. Can't wait. I know that I'm going to love that. :)

Also, saw that 90's movie Tremors is getting a TV series (again).  With Kevin Bacon returning.

Taking place 25 years after the events in the first film.

Horror/comedy revival continuing after the success with Ash vs Evil Dead.

Edited by sne

2 episodes in to The Mist TV-show. 

Not sure what to make of it yet. The characters are extremely cliché and the story not revolving around the actual mist is very standard small town USA.

Still it might be OK, not sure what the budget is so we might not get to see any monsters or giant bugs like we did in the 2007 Frank Darabont movie that I quite liked (for what it was)

Haven't read the King novel but I think this show only uses the basic concept.

Edit: Favorite part so far was when they played Riverside by Agnes Obel

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

2 episodes in to The Mist TV-show. 

Not sure what to make of it yet. The characters are extremely cliché and the story not revolving around the actual mist is very standard small town USA.

Still it might be OK, not sure what the budget is so we might not get to see any monsters or giant bugs like we did in the 2007 Frank Darabont movie that I quite liked (for what it was)

Haven't read the King novel but I think this show only uses the basic concept.

Edit: Favorite part so far was when they played Riverside by Agnes Obel

That movie was really pretty good. Can't believe that's a decade ago!

I've just got into the West Wing recently, watched a few episodes and got hooked instantly.

Just finished the final episode of season 2 ('two cathedrals') and i think its one of the greatest episodes of tv i've ever seen.

Well worth a watch for anyone who missed out on it the first time around like i did!

• Like 3

Â