Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Caught up with American Gods again. This week was very much filler but done so well you let it slide. Also Emily Browning can do a bloody decent Irish accent to ear.

Disappointing the series ends this week :(

On the plus side, 2 more series to come and hopefully shows that Good Omens can be awesome.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Caught up with American Gods again. This week was very much filler but done so well you let it slide. Also Emily Browning can do a bloody decent Irish accent to ear.

Disappointing the series ends this week :(

On the plus side, 2 more series to come and hopefully shows that Good Omens can be awesome.

It's been wonderful. Any initial fears I had have completely evaporated.

With AG, Better Call Saul and The Handmaid's Tale there really is some incredible TV about at the moment.

• Like 1

The Handmaid's Tale is very good, but not holding my attention, probably because I've read the book and seen the previous film. My wife's a huge Margaret Atwood fan, and she reckons she's written far better books than THT. 

13 hours ago, Designer1 said:

With AG, Better Call Saul and The Handmaid's Tale there really is some incredible TV about at the moment.

And Twin Peaks is better than all of them ;)

I didn't think anything this year would beat Legion, until AG and TP came along.....

22 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Gone back to 24 season 1, missus hasn't seen it before.

14 episodes in two days :)

Great show!

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I feel I should watch the original Twin Peaks again before the new one. 

Me too, but I'd be interested in the opinion of anyone who's seen both. Is it recommended?

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Me too, but I'd be interested in the opinion of anyone who's seen both. Is it recommended?

IMO it's one of the GOAT's. The original series paved the way for so much of the good TV that came after. 

It was the first major 'big budget' TV series of its kind and back in 1989/90 sticking something like it on prime time network TV was unheard of. 

It's brilliant, scary, hilarious, mental and frustrating in almost equal measure. There really hasn't been anything like it since, until the new one started. 

Starts like a quirky small town soap opera, with a murder mystery theme and ends up being something pretty much unexplainable. 

It's not perfect by any means, the middle of the 2nd series meanders around, with some highly questionable side-stories, but even then, little things in each episode keep you watching. The final episode of the originals is one of the best hours of TV you'll ever see. 

As the famous commentary goes, " I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again, so watch it, drink it in" 

• Like 1

So having watched the first episode of Blood Drive I'll say it's definitely different from most other shows at the minute. 

It's basically a dystopian grinddhouse version of Cannonball Run.

Lots of gore, violence, over the top acting, strange characters, some brief nudity and sexy time.

It certainly isn't what I'd call good. But it is kinda entertaining if you like 60- 70-s style b-movie exploitation,grindhouse stuff like Russ Meyer.

So the first season of American Gods has finished.

Hmm I did really enjoy it, but I thought each episode seemed to get a little slower as it went on, with a little more filler poured into each one. They're making three seasons out of one novel, is that right? I think it showed.

But I did like it! :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40347479

Sherlock's Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat to get their teeth into Dracula

The brains behind the BBC's Sherlock series are to make a new version of Dracula, the corporation has confirmed.

Talks are under way with Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss about a series of 90-minute films based on Bram Stoker's novel about the Transylvanian vampire.

No scripts have been written and the Count has yet to be cast. According to the Radio Times, though, the series is likely to air in 2019.

Moffat's wife Sue Vertue will produce the show for Hartswood Films.

According to Variety, it is unclear whether Dracula, like Sherlock, will have a modern-day British setting.

played Dracula in a series of Hammer horror films

First published in 1897, Stoker's novel tells of a blood-sucking count who travels to England for a quick bite.

Bela Lugosi, Gary Oldman and Sir Christopher Lee are among the many actors to portray him on screen.

Gatiss played Dracula himself in a radio version of the story that was released last year on the anniversary of the book's publication.

Moffat will step down as head writer and executive producer of Doctor Who after this year's Christmas special.

Could be interesting - depends if it's Moffat and Gatiss when they started Sherlock and Dr Who rather than the pair who ran out of ideas...

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

Just finished BCS S3. Absolutely essential viewing. I think it's better than BB! Best thing on telly at the moment, gutted we have to wait until next year for more (I assume there will be more?)

• Like 3

HBO are making a Watchmen series.

Hmm.

Dunno what to make of that. HBO, good. Watchmen, good. But... The movie for it's faults is a good adaptation (it's nearly a panel for panel a copy for most of the run time), the story doesn't need revisiting really. And Damon Lindelof is involved. Ugh.

Hmm.

Â