Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Started Bojack Horseman the other night about 9 episodes in & enjoying it.

Started that a while back and watch the odd episode here and there.

It's not amazing but good for a casual watch when you have 20 mins spare.

Started Bojack Horseman the other night about 9 episodes in & enjoying it.

Started that a while back and watch the odd episode here and there.

It's not amazing but good for a casual watch when you have 20 mins spare.

Oh ya it's not earth shattering by any means but I'd nothing else to watch so 2 before bed is perfect.

• Like 1

I've only seen two episodes of Bojack Horseman but I thought it was a bit cack. In fact, very cack. It has so many elements for me that I should like it, but I don't. Aaron Paul is in it and a producer, I really like Will Arnett, Paul F. Tompkins and Alison Brie, I enjoy immature and racey adult cartoons, but I just didn't find this one funny. Perhaps two episodes isn't enough to judge it by and I'm being unfair, but Archer and Rick & Morty got me right away.

I'll probably go back to it the next time I have nothing to watch before bed.

Started watching House of Cards last week, thinking i'd give it a try although the political theme hardly seemed my bag. Almost finished season 2 already it's very enthralling stuff, Kevin Spacey is excellent also.

Started watching House of Cards last week, thinking i'd give it a try although the political theme hardly seemed my bag. Almost finished season 2 already it's very enthralling stuff, Kevin Spacey is excellent also.

House of Cards is outstanding. 

Prepare for a very disappointing 3rd series. The first 2 series are incredible television, Spacey being superb as the Machiavellian masterclass that is Frank Underwood and the whole thing being a tangled web of lies deceit and Realpolitik.

The third, on the other hand, feels like the entire writing team was lobotomised.

• Like 2

Prepare for a very disappointing 3rd series. The first 2 series are incredible television, Spacey being superb as the Machiavellian masterclass that is Frank Underwood and the whole thing being a tangled web of lies deceit and Realpolitik.

The third, on the other hand, feels like the entire writing team was lobotomised.

My thoughts exactly. Season 1 & 2 were great and his character was demonically twisted and evil.

In the 3rd season though, all of Underwood's machiavellian tendencies seemed to be completely removed. I also have no idea how or why his wife came to the conclusion to leave him right in the middle of the reelection campaign. Absolutely unbelievable on every level considering everything they've been through.

• Like 1

I've only seen two episodes of Bojack Horseman but I thought it was a bit cack. In fact, very cack. It has so many elements for me that I should like it, but I don't. Aaron Paul is in it and a producer, I really like Will Arnett, Paul F. Tompkins and Alison Brie, I enjoy immature and racey adult cartoons, but I just didn't find this one funny. Perhaps two episodes isn't enough to judge it by and I'm being unfair, but Archer and Rick & Morty got me right away.

I'll probably go back to it the next time I have nothing to watch before bed.

It's not even in the same ball park as Archer to be fair.

But it's a decent watch for a spare 20 minutes here and there.

So three episodes into Bloodline. It's interesting, not quite sure about it just yet. 

Will keep on trucking with it. 

I'm really enjoying it now. It's got the right amount of simmering storylines and as i've said before, the acting is pretty much top notch all round.

Regarding House of Cards, for me the first series was up there with some of the best TV ever made. I thought it lost the plot in the second series though mostly due to...

Frank being able to get away with absolutely everything time after time. It got annoying for me.

I find the OAP law plot a little boring in Better Call Saul. I expect now

Mike has asked that dodgy vet for work

we'll see some Breaking Bad-esque excitement.

I can't help but feel like the plot to BCS is going to be a little predictable this series. Which is something Breaking Bad didn't really have.

I feel like this will happen, and this is purely guesswork on my part. 

Saul and his brother will take the retirement home business to court. As it looks like they're about to win the case, HH&M will take the case from them because Saul used his brother's printer code to print all the documents, and he still technically works for HH&M. The blonde girl will betray Saul by telling Henry this to get her promotion. Saul will have a showdown with Henry, and Henry will tell him that it was his brother who didn't want him to work for HH&M afterhe passed the bar exam. Then Saul whilst feeling betrayed, will also feel that the law game is rigged, so then becomes a criminal lawyer as a bit of a "**** you" to his brother.

In parallel, Mike will do some illegal business, get caught, and Saul will somehow get the charges dropped, probably by doing something illegal too, and he will then start calling himself "Saul Goodman". Season end.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

I can't help but feel like the plot to BCS is going to be a little predictable this series. Which is something Breaking Bad didn't really have.

Saul and his brother will take the retirement home business to court. As it looks like they're about to win the case, HH&M will take the case from them because Saul used his brother's printer code to print all the documents, and he still technically works for HH&M. The blonde girl will betray Saul by telling Henry this to get her promotion. Saul will have a showdown with Henry, and Henry will tell him that it was his brother who didn't want him to work for HH&M afterhe passed the bar exam. Then Saul whilst feeling betrayed, will also feel that the law game is rigged, so then becomes a criminal lawyer as a bit of a "**** you" to his brother.

In parallel, Mike will do some illegal business, get caught, and Saul will somehow get the charges dropped, probably by doing something illegal too, and he will then start calling himself "Saul Goodman". Season end.

You two must be pretty confident to put your guesswork in spoilers :)

I don't think this requires spoiler tags, but...

The BCS name change thing. In BB, he admitted that his real name was Jimmy McDonough, but that he'd changed it because people thought Jewish lawyers were more skilful (or some such). But in BCS he has become a pretty big local celebrity in Albuquerque - all over local TV and newspapers with the 'billboard rescue' stunt - as J McD. Surely too late for a name change in that area?

You two must be pretty confident to put your guesswork in spoilers :)

My spoiler has already happened! Didn't want people who aren't at episode 8 to read it.

My last prediction was Walt Jr to become a meth addict...

Pretty much how I expect it to play out too, except the Mike bit. Not that I don't think your prediction is totally plausible, I just didn't really think about how Mike's story would play out and conclude this season. I'm hoping there'll still be a twist or two in there, but part of me would also be a little disappointed if it didn't play out that way re: Jimmy and Chuck.

Edited by Ginko

Finished Person of Interest season 2 and that's as far as it goes on Netflix  :(

One episode behind on Fortitude, which I will watch later. Looks like I need a new programme...

• Like 1

Â