Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Not a sitcom but still funny is 8 out of 10 cats does countdown.

The best almost British stuff that's been done semi-recently is IT crowd and Father Ted in my opinion. Graham Linehan rules.

Oh, anything Alan Partridge :)

hard to understand why they stopped it crowd. Is it coming back? I thought I'd heard that.

Do you guys have the short-lived Flight of the Conchords there? A funny one. I know that's getting revived.

If you liked FOTC then you should watch The Mighty Boosh. Again, it's an acquired taste at times, but it's a good comedy interspersed with music like FOTC.

Another Boosh fan here!

Oh yeah, they're all pretty horrible, although Shoshanna has her moments. I assume you're talking about Ray? Hmm, I wonder what is it that CED likes so much, about a such a cynical, angry character?  :detect:

My dislike of Mighty Boosh may be just down to Noel Fielding. I can't stand him but I don't know why! 

He always has a massive grin on his creepy face which -- and maybe I'm being harsh -- to me always comes across as that he finds himself absolutely hilarious.

He has his amusing-ish moments on NMTB, but I've tried watching the Boosh multiple times and I just don't find it funny at all. Different strokes though.

FOTC though, absolutely hilarious. Dave and Murray are definitely my favourites.

• Like 1

I saw live at the Apollo a couple of weeks ago and Fielding was the headline act.

He was **** terrible. And it wasn't just me. He got by far the worst reaction of the 3 comedians.

Absolute shite.

I dislike Noel Fielding post-Boosh. He went on every panel show possible and just did the exact same tired thing everytime - says something random which people strangely found hilarious.

However, I really liked series one of the Boosh, at the time, it seemed different to every other comedy I'd seen. Series two was fun but not as funny, then series three was a bit of a flop.

Fortitude......just wtf is it about?

Watched episode 1 and 2 and then recorded the last 6 episodes which I have watched over the last 2 nights and I couldnt tell anyone what the hell has happened, is happening or likely to happen either.

Lots of different threads which you would hope will come together at some point.................................................

Finally caught up on Better Call Saul tonight, absolutely love it.

I actually think knowing what he becomes is fascinating when you see him how he was before. It makes me wonder just what things have to happen to get him to that point. Then there's the whole thing about what happens to him post-BB to look forward to as well.

Jimmy/Saul really is an excellent character, and quite brilliant in his own way.

Going back to the boosh, I love it dearly but barratt is by far the true brain behind it. Fielding badly needs barratt to be funny, on his own he just flounders, although the second season of luxury comedy was a huge improvement over the terrible first.

Where is Gareth? He can explain it better than me.

• Like 1

Just binge watched the new Netflix production Bloodline. 13 episodes, and it's really good. You have to get over the first episode setting the table, at parts it's a little cliched, but it gets very interesting once all the pieces have been established. Well worth checking out.

• Like 1

Â