Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Not a sitcom but still funny is 8 out of 10 cats does countdown. 

The best almost British stuff that's been done semi-recently is IT crowd and Father Ted in my opinion. Graham Linehan rules.

Oh, anything Alan Partridge :)

• Like 1

The best almost British stuff that's been done semi-recently is IT crowd and Father Ted in my opinion. Graham Linehan rules.

hard to understand why they stopped it crowd. Is it coming back? I thought I'd heard that.

Do you guys have the short-lived Flight of the Conchords there? A funny one. I know that's getting revived.

hard to understand why they stopped it crowd. Is it coming back? I thought I'd heard that.

Do you guys have the short-lived Flight of the Conchords there? A funny one. I know that's getting revived.

They did commission a fifth series of the IT Crowd but a mixture of Richard Ayoade and Chris O'Dowd going A-list and being too busy to commit to it, plus I think Linehan felt he was running out of ideas, meant that they just did a one-off special. To be honest there were signs that it had run its course, I'm pretty sure Linehan was looking to find another writer to work with but it never came to anything.

• Like 1

Just finished the new series of House Of Cards. It felt like the whole series was there to create a cliff hanger at the end and get us to watch the next one. I won't be falling for that. The first series was great, the second was decent, this one was a waste of space.

Has anyone seen Bloodline? If so, any good? The strong cast alone has me intrigued.

I've heard it's a very slow burn but quite good. Might check it out later.

Yeah the cast looks good. Ben Mendolsohn :)

Trailer has me curious. Loving the work Netflix and Amazon are producing at the moment.

If you liked FOTC then you should watch The Mighty Boosh. Again, it's an acquired taste at times, but it's a good comedy interspersed with music like FOTC.
  • Like 1

Has anyone seen Bloodline? If so, any good? The strong cast alone has me intrigued.

I've heard it's a very slow burn but quite good. Might check it out later.

Yeah the cast looks good. Ben Mendolsohn :)

Trailer has me curious. Loving the work Netflix and Amazon are producing at the moment.

Just watched the first episode.

Interesting, and definitely something I'll continue watching mostly due to the cast.

It's quite derivative in terms of the initial set up of story strands, and I'm not keen on flash forwards and voice overs but I reckon it'll be solid enough.

Edited by Designer1

If you liked FOTC then you should watch The Mighty Boosh. Again, it's an acquired taste at times, but it's a good comedy interspersed with music like FOTC.

Now see, I love FOTC but I can't stand The Mighty Boosh. I think there are some comparisons, sure, but ultimately the comedy is very different for me. It's more surreal in The Mighty Boosh -- which to me is just weird for weird's sake and not funny in the slightest -- but it's a lot more deadpan and witty in FOTC for the most part, with some great songs with beautiful melodies and very clever lyrics.

Don't get me wrong, FOTC definitely has weird and surreal moments, but they're generally in the minority and work well when put with the stuff set in the 'real world' so to speak.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

Just finished re watching season 1 of homeland, such good tv.

Stop now - it's all downhill from now on for quite a while.

I think s2 is great too, dipped big time in the third but the most recent was a return to form.

Â