Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

After not liking the first episode I went back to Better Call Saul, and am quite enjoying it now. I almost feel like they could have called this 'Breaking Bad' as well because that's what feels like is happening to Saul, kind of sad knowing how he turns out, because they're doing a good job of making him a sympathetic character at this stage.

We don't *really* know how it turns out for him. Well, we have information relating to a 2 year period in his life that runs parallel to Breaking Bad, but I'm not sure the character was ever explored in much depth beyond his witty interjections. Unless I missed an episode somewhere? We don't actually KNOW Saul.

I'm trying to keep as open a mind as possible. It's so much better than I expected also.

After not liking the first episode I went back to Better Call Saul, and am quite enjoying it now. I almost feel like they could have called this 'Breaking Bad' as well because that's what feels like is happening to Saul, kind of sad knowing how he turns out, because they're doing a good job of making him a sympathetic character at this stage.

We don't *really* know how it turns out for him. Well, we have information relating to a 2 year period in his life that runs parallel to Breaking Bad, but I'm not sure the character was ever explored in much depth beyond his witty interjections. Unless I missed an episode somewhere? We don't actually KNOW Saul.

I'm trying to keep as open a mind as possible. It's so much better than I expected also.

I just meant in the sense that he becomes the sort of guy who would suggest sending Hank to Belize to Walt, he might have made a similar suggestion about Jesse as well. I don't think that would cross the BCS Saul's mind. Kim and Chuck would never have wanted it to turn out like that.

Edited by useless

Like I said previously, I'm pretty certain BCS will run beyond the end of Breaking Bad.

We don't know what happens to Saul.

I assumed...

...that the first scenes in black and white in the very first episode were set after the events of Breaking Bad where Saul is hiding out up north somewhere under a new identity and moustache. When he's working at the mall and he sees the intimidating looking guy walking over to him, he's afraid that he was there for him and that he'd recognised him. I guess I could be wrong though.

Ergo, Better Call Saul continues (in part) after the events of Breaking Bad.

Edited by Ginko

Like I said previously, I'm pretty certain BCS will run beyond the end of Breaking Bad.

We don't know what happens to Saul.

I assumed...

...that the first scenes in black and white in the very first episode were set after the events of Breaking Bad where Saul is hiding out up north somewhere under a new identity and moustache. When he's working at the mall and he sees the intimidating looking guy walking over to him, he's afraid that he was there for him and that he'd recognised him. I guess I could be wrong though.

Ergo, Better Call Saul continues (in part) after the events of Breaking Bad.

Yeah exactly what I meant.

That scene's intention, IMO, was to show that it won't end at breaking bad

We don't know what happens to Saul ultimately but we know that he becomes the kind of guy who'd launder money for a master criminal and advice that criminal to put an hit on certain other characters. That's what I meant by it's kind of sad seeing how he turns out, as he seems a good guy now  but obviously he's going to break bad.

Watched Raised By Wolves the other day. Though it was OK, despite Molineux featuring in it. 

saw the trailer and the accents were shocking, got it on sky+ but havent watched it yet, how bad are they?

Not great, but better than the word removed out of the Hotels4U advert. You'd think there are enough actors from the West Midlands to play the characters. I believe the girl who plays oldest daughter is a Brummie though.  

We don't know what happens to Saul ultimately but we know that he becomes the kind of guy who'd launder money for a master criminal and advice that criminal to put an hit on certain other characters. That's what I meant by it's kind of sad seeing how he turns out, as he seems a good guy now  but obviously he's going to break bad.

We knew that's how Walt would turn out in the end of Breaking Bad too, but it didn't diminish from the story or the show in the slightest. I doubt it will for this show either, and besides, even Saul had his limits in Breaking Bad which made Walt appear to be even farther gone in terms of just how far he'd fallen to the dark side.

Saul was never this pure evil character in Breaking Bad, he had light and shade just like he did before during the time where Better Call Saul takes place. The only thing you know is that he obviously lost some of his morality which leads to his role in Breaking Bad, but considering we're pretty sure Better Call Saul also takes place in part after the events of Breaking Bad, who knows how it will turn out in the end?

Anyway, I love the show and I've been binging on it the last couple of nights. I just finished watching episode five and I was laughing out loud at certain parts, especially this one...

Roland: You're completely disgusting, you know that?!

Saul: Hey, buddy, you're the one with the sex toilet.

:crylaugh:

Edited by Ginko

I didn't say knowing how Saul would turn out, would diminish from the storyline just that I felt sorry for the character. My only gripe with 'Better Call Saul' is that I think Mike seems almost like a caricture of the Mike from 'Breaking Bad', maybe they're slightly over doing his personality.

What's the best BRITISH situation comedy or sketch show that's currently producing new episodes?????

On the air at the moment, I'd say House of Fools is my favourite comedy show. It's Vic & Bob though, who are bit of an acquired taste. It's very English, and may be a bit much for someone who doesn't get all the references. Even a massive Anglophile like yourself. Uncle has its moments too, and Moone Boy (although set in Ireland, rather than British) is excellent. 

• Like 2

What's the best BRITISH situation comedy or sketch show that's currently producing new episodes?????

On the air at the moment, I'd say House of Fools is my favourite comedy show. It's Vic & Bob though, who are bit of an acquired taste. It's very English, and may be a bit much for someone who doesn't get all the references. Even a massive Anglophile like yourself. Uncle has its moments too, and Moone Boy (although set in Ireland, rather than British) is excellent. 

Awesome, thanks for the tips. :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  OK, will see what I can get through my VPN.

• Like 1

Have you seen Peep Show?  Due it's final series this year I believe.

Yes, big fan! Been watching for years ...

Have you seen Peep Show? Due it's final series this year I believe.

Yes, big fan! Been watching for years ...

You set the bar high early, I don't think there's any British comedies better.

• Like 2

Â