Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Watching BCS is like going back to your favourite childhood summer holiday destination.

In November.

I loved Breaking Bad, but it's finished.

All that's left now is more backstory for characters who's fate we already know.

• Like 1

All that's left now is more backstory for characters who's fate we already know.

Odd thing to say. Did you see the first episode?

Edited by Stevo985

I've seen most episodes (albeit in a half arsed fashion) as my flatmate watches them 

I was mainly referring to this being the Saul and Mike show, and that ultimately you can't escape the fact you know what happens to them.

I've seen most episodes (albeit in a half arsed fashion) as my flatmate watches them 

I was mainly referring to this being the Saul and Mike show, and that ultimately you can't escape the fact you know what happens to them.

You don't though, that was my point.

Edit: Breaking Bad spoilers below

Well, not Mike, you do know what happens to him eventually.

But the first episode starts with a flash forward to Saul's life after he was Saul Goodman (he's working as some sort of manager at a fast food store or something). Presumably this is after he gets "disappeared" in Breaking Bad. It's intention, imo, was to show that this isn't just a prequel. It's not going to reach Breaking Bad's start point and then end. 

It's going to extend beyond that, and beyond the flash forward would be my guess. So I'm not so sure we know Saul's fate. Maybe we do up to a point, but my guess is BCS is going to run beyond Breaking Bad's end point.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Watching a ton of shows and TV atm.

Arrow, The Flash, House of Cards, Archer, Agent Carter, Better Call Saul to name a few. Going to start on Fortitude and The Blacklist at some point.

Watching a ton of shows and TV atm.

Arrow, The Flash, House of Cards, Archer, Agent Carter, Better Call Saul to name a few. Going to start on Fortitude and The Blacklist at some point.

I watched one episode of Fortitude and haven't watched another one. It nearly put me in a coma but others seem to like it. Just not for me I suppose

I watched episode 2 of Fortitude last night. Pretty slow but been assured by people at work (and on here) that it gets more interesting 

It reaches a proper shit or get off the can point in about episode 4, but then it really cranks up, I don't think it's one of those where it's cheap tricks and taking the piss out of you I'm hoping it's nolanesque and right in front of your face this whole time but cleverly written so you don't instantly guess it

As for shows I'm watching, quiet before the storm I think, I'll finish orange is the new black this month, move on to mad men, daredevil, GoT and probably house of cards next month

Anyone watching critical? I really struggle with hospital dramas so haven't bothered but the adverts make it look good

I watched episode 2 of Fortitude last night. Pretty slow but been assured by people at work (and on here) that it gets more interesting 

Everyone says it's good but I dont think I can manage to watch another episode, think I will stick with Helix

Better Call Saul is so good. It is a slow paced show, but I think that's what makes it so engaging for me, because you get to know the characters and storyline inside out. It makes it even more engaging for me. It's beautifully shot as well, like Breaking Bad.

The acting is superb also. The actress who plays Betsy Kettleman in particular is very good.

After not liking the first episode I went back to Better Call Saul, and am quite enjoying it now. I almost feel like they could have called this 'Breaking Bad' as well because that's what feels like is happening to Saul, kind of sad knowing how he turns out, because they're doing a good job of making him a sympathetic character at this stage.

Â