Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The Michael Fagin (Buck House intruder)  episode of The Crown was excellent. He only did three months inside, and I'll bet he's never had to buy another drink in his life. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The Michael Fagin (Buck House intruder)  episode of The Crown was excellent. He only did three months inside, and I'll bet he's never had to buy another drink in his life. 

All that to just sit on the Queens bed for a chat, could have at least took a bit of jewellery.  It's only stolen property anyway. 

34 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

All that to just sit on the Queens bed for a chat, could have at least took a bit of jewellery.  It's only stolen property anyway. 

He did do it twice, and the first time he necked a bottle of six quid wine. Should at least have gone for an expensive vintage. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He did do it twice, and the first time he necked a bottle of six quid wine. Should at least have gone for an expensive vintage. 

What would a £6 bottle of wine in 1982 be in today's money though?

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I did wonder how accurate they could be about the conversation. Then I saw an up to date photo of him at the end which means they must have had some info off him. Therefore I'd assume at least the subject matter would be accurate, if not the reaction of the Queen.

6 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I did wonder how accurate they could be about the conversation. Then I saw an up to date photo of him at the end which means they must have had some info off him. Therefore I'd assume at least the subject matter would be accurate, if not the reaction of the Queen.

Well the second break in actually took place a month after the Falklands War finished but the show gives the impression it happened during.

17 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I was wondering the same thing. He may well have provided details of what was said (basically, Thatcher is an evil witch). 

Bake off is good this year, none of them stand out, not a clue how the blonde one has got through, should be a good final 

Watching the german one, it's British week, signature was a savoury pie which was good, technical is a union jack battenburg covered in mint flavoured white chocolate because "we put mint in everything" 

Its a slightly different show, it's 30 minutes longer and got none of the charm, the British one works because whilst it does have some editing issues it's not your normal cooking competition show, it's much more relaxed, the german one isn't, it's got a masterchef feel to it, the quality has got a lot better over the years though, used to be way off the British version but it's catching up

Thinking of starting Top Boy, as in from season 1 that is.

One of those shows that gone under the radar here in Sweden (I think) so don't really have much to go by. Is it worth the watch?

4 minutes ago, sne said:

One of those shows that gone under the radar here in Sweden (I think) so don't really have much to go by. Is it worth the watch?

Yes I’d said so. 
it’s a little over the top in places but a decent take on an often trod road. 
the Netflix season was pretty good 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Well done but nothing really original and a little cliched at times but enjoyable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Yes I’d said so. 
it’s a little over the top in places but a decent take on an often trod road. 
the Netflix season was pretty good 

Yeah I think the Netflix season is better than the first 2

For what it is its pretty good, not many UK shows really try and show London in that light, would liken it to adulthood and kidulthood, it doesn't have sky high production values and a massive casting budget but it works really well with who and what it's got, uses the city well at times too and not the shiny touristy bits, got me listening to a lot of kano afterwards which I recommend, it's things like him which make it great, it's not his thing but you'd never know and he makes it fell very real, same with little simz, dave etc it doesn't feel like someone from a performing arts college had to go on a training course to learn how to suck their teeth

put the subtitles on! 

• Like 1

Surviving R Kelly is added to Netflix here Saturday so that's my cheery TV for next week

They also added the final 2 episodes of Luther 

Then I'll give we are the champions a go, holiday movies that made us, there's a load of foreign dramas on Netflix to try and sift through and then on the 25th Dec its the woman who did greys anatomy first show for Netflix 

It is pretty quiet, maybe finally the time to try and get the wife to watch the Sopranos or the wire 

On 19/11/2020 at 18:50, sne said:

I enjoyed it, both seasons were decent with a nice little twist at the end of season two. It isn’t anything revolutionary but if you like some Landan gangsta violence then it’s alright. 

• Like 1

We are the champions on Netflix.   The first one is about the cheese rolling race in Gloucester and we've just watched the 2nd episode which is all about the world championship of chilli eating.   Its amazing / frightening what people consider fun nowadays!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â