Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 14/04/2020 at 00:28, Brumerican said:

Even that email from Magnitude had me chuckling.

I'm going to watch it all again I think as it's been a few years.

There are not many sitcoms with blokes from Erdington in them either.

John Oliver Community GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Just started our full re-watch.  It's become our daily Gravedigger's Biscuits ritual.

Gordon, Gino & freds road trip (Gordon Ramsay, Gino D'Acampo & Fred Sirieix) is actually pretty entertaining in a laddish kinda way. You can see the 3 of them genuinely get on well and are enjoying what they are doing which helps. It's basically Clarkson/Hammond/May Top Gear with food instead of cars

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Gordon, Gino & freds road trip (Gordon Ramsay, Gino D'Acampo & Fred Sirieix) is actually pretty entertaining in a laddish kinda way. You can see the 3 of them genuinely get on well and are enjoying what they are doing which helps. It's basically Clarkson/Hammond/May Top Gear with food instead of cars

This is referred to as 3 words removed in a motorhome in our house. 

Finished Tiger King last night. Its a wild ride that gives and gives in every episode. If anyone is on the fence, the 7 episodes fly by. 

On 09/04/2020 at 13:10, wazzap24 said:

Wait until episode 6. 

28 episodes in, 10 left, and I've suddenly realised where Jonathan Kodja got his "bandaged wrist" idea.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rjw63 said:

28 episodes in, 10 left, and I've suddenly realised where Jonathan Kodja got his "bandaged wrist" idea.

When you’re finished, go for Warrior next if you haven’t seen it.

It’s made by the same peeps that did Banshee and it’s top stuff. 

Definitely has the same vibe.

Warriors-Season-2.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm loving " Kingdom " on Netflix, it's a Korean film, one of them epics that the orientals are so good at. I wasn't expecting the zombie thing, but nonetheless, it's excellent.  The way they mix the dramatic with the comedic is something else. And the cinematography is breathtaking.  A recommended watch. 

I'm also addicted to ' Narcos Mexico ". Scoot McNairy is great in it.

18 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

She was in True Detective and Ray Donovan, absolutely loves a nude scene .

And I salute her for it, she’s doing God’s work. 

200_d.gif

• Like 3

Watching Brews Brothers on Netflix ( not highly recommended) but I have said before the main thing wrong with Netflix sitcoms is that the episodes are nearly 30 minutes in length, most sitcoms are 21/22 minutes. 8 minutes is a lot of time. They did the same with the later seasons of Arrested Development

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Watching Brews Brothers on Netflix ( not highly recommended) but I have said before the main thing wrong with Netflix sitcoms is that the episodes are nearly 30 minutes in length, most sitcoms are 21/22 minutes. 8 minutes is a lot of time. They did the same with the later seasons of Arrested Development

I’ve somehow got through 3 1/2 episodes but don’t think I’ll take it much further... it’s pretty dire with extremely unlikeable (and unfunny) characters. 

Three episodes in to this season of Better Call Saul now. I love it. Best thing on TV for me. 

I don't like that people compare it to Breaking Bad. It's a different show and, for me, Breaking Bad is the pinnacle of television so far. Yes BCS is often slow, but I love it all: characters, casting, locations... it's brilliant. 

Â