Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

How bad was the BBC version of Dracula??? 

I liked the first 20 minutes before it descended into utter garbage!

At time’s it was like David Walliams starring in a Carry On style vampire film. 

the last episode was amazingly bad! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

How bad was the BBC version of Dracula??? 

I liked the first 20 minutes before it descended into utter garbage!

At time’s it was like David Walliams starring in a Carry On style vampire film. 

the last episode was amazingly bad! 

I think the concensus is with you on that. I really enjoyed it. Went in with the experience of Gattiss and Moffatts work on Sherlock so was expecting a lot of them taking liberties with the viewers patience. For me it was good but I believe I am in the minority. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Succession, despicable bunch of scumbags played brilliantly by the whole cast

I adore Succession. Season 2 is better than the first imo. Can't wait for the third!

Anyone watch the first episode of The Outsider from HBO?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Got 4 in and it hadn't grabbed me really. Gets a lot of good press though.

I cant stand the hand held fly on the wall approach to filming, so so distracting, the content was very good though and well worth the time, just have to click with something and we're all different. 

Still plodding along with Gotham season 4.

Bruce has turned into a dick, some of the storylines are unbelievably dull, yet I'm still watching for some reason.

spacer.png

spacer.png

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone watch the first episode of The Outsider from HBO?

Finished the book the other day and recording the series on Sky Atlantic.

will record the lot and watch in bulk.

Looking forward to it as enjoyed the book.

have started reading Mr Mercedes now (which has some links to The Outsider) and will look out for the adapted tv series once I’ve finished.

52 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

have started reading Mr Mercedes now (which has some links to The Outsider) and will look out for the adapted tv series once I’ve finished.

I think I've already mentioned it in this thread, but the casting for Holly is different in both The Outsider and the Bill Hodges Trilogy (Mr Mercedes) - which is a shame really.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I liked Mr Mercedes more as it was more like a standard crime book before the sequels became more Stephen King-y.  I've been trying to find it to watch but I obviously don't have the right thing to watch it on.

I've recently binged through Treadstone on Amazon Prime.  It's a spin off from the Bourne films and is alright, mainly because it's full of that kind of fight scene.

• Like 1

First two episodes of The Outsider were excellent.

Really intriguing storyline, high production values and a brilliant ensemble cast. I’ve been saying it for years, but Ben Mendelsohn is an absolute acting force of nature - a truly outstanding talent.

Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds.

• Like 2

It's more of a shame then, given that series like The Outsider, Mr Mercedes and 11/22/63 have received decent reviews, that it appears the Dark Tower amazon series has been canned. They seemed to be going about it the right way too, starting with a young Roland, his first encounters with the Man in Black, and then the series would move on to his journey to the Tower proper...

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

The Discworld 'adaptation', the Watch, from BBC America, looks **** dreadful. Nothing at all like the books it's allegedly been inspired by.

**** travesty.

**** state of it.

watch1-1.jpg

Meant to look like this

r6agnqduyiwpbzoozeyr.png

Tragic.

Â