Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just finished The Looming Tower on Prime. About the FBI/CIA looking into Al-Quaeda in the years before 9/11. 

Powerful. Jeff Daniels and Tahar Rabin were excellent in it. Think I’ll read the book next.

I've been watching Safe on Netflix, I don't think it's meant to be funny but one of the families is so ludicrous I can't help laughing.  It doesn't help that I twigged that the Dad played Barry in Four Lions and can't take anything he says seriously.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've been watching Safe on Netflix, I don't think it's meant to be funny but one of the families is so ludicrous I can't help laughing.  It doesn't help that I twigged that the Dad played Barry in Four Lions and can't take anything he says seriously.

Tried to watch that but Michael C. Halls English accent was too forced, was driving me crazy. 

9 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Tried to watch that but Michael C. Halls English accent was too forced, was driving me crazy. 

Yes I've heard worse but it verges on Dick van Dyke cockney at times.  It seems a bit of a random part for him to take as everyone else is your run of the mill English actor.

• Like 1

Other half made me watch the first couple of episodes of Safe. I’m not sure if it’s meant to be funny in a take the piss kind of way but if not then it’s truly awful. Pisses me off that someone got paid handsomely to write/direct it. I’m sure there was a decent contribution from Audi with all those lingering shots of his A7!

On 17/05/2018 at 06:59, PieFacE said:

15 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes I've heard worse but it verges on Dick van Dyke cockney at times.  It seems a bit of a random part for him to take as everyone else is your run of the mill English actor.

That's weird because I don't know who the guy is (never seen Dexter) and was surprised when someone told me he was American. I hadn't noticed.

15 hours ago, JB said:

Other half made me watch the first couple of episodes of Safe. I’m not sure if it’s meant to be funny in a take the piss kind of way but if not then it’s truly awful. Pisses me off that someone got paid handsomely to write/direct it. I’m sure there was a decent contribution from Audi with all those lingering shots of his A7!

I think it's been mostly really good. The only bits that annoyed me early on were the one family who were just comically awful. It was probably deliberate, but it made i a bit farcical.

I'm 6 episodes in and it's getting a bit far fetched now. A couple of things have happened that are classic horror movie stuff (you know, like "oh I've just heard a scary noise in the woods after my son has been murdered and instead of easily retreating to safety I'm going to inexplicably investigate the noise instead")

But overall I think it's been a decent show.

(oh, and it's an A5 ;) )

Edit: actually I think it' an S5...

Edited by Stevo985

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's weird because I don't know who the guy is (never seen Dexter) and was surprised when someone told me he was American. I hadn't noticed.

Dexter is great fun in a macabre way.  Well worth watching though I don't think it's on Netflix any more.  Hall's accent itself is alright but he mixes it up with glottal stops you'd expect from a rougher accent so it doesn't quite sound right, but for an American it's a good stab.

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

The Evil Genius four-part documentary on Netflix was pretty wild. Surprised I'd never come across the case before.

Only watched part one so far, but as a heads up, it has some very gruesome video a one point. Be warned.

Spoiler

I was shocked that they could show that bomb going off around his neck. Didn't seem right somehow watching the last seconds of that blokes life.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Only watched part one so far, but as a heads up, it has some very gruesome video a one point. Be warned.

Hide contents

I was shocked that they could show that bomb going off around his neck. Didn't seem right somehow watching the last seconds of that blokes life.

Yep. I was absolutely appalled to be honest. 

Not sure what to make of this at all.

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, but the trailer has done nothing for me.

The books are some of the best I've ever read, but this looks like such a departure from the source material, I'm not even sure its the same story. 

Worried. 

• Like 1

Â