Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, Xela said:

In a good or bad way?! 

I'm not quite sure, they just had the giant-headed Vladimir Putin and Prince Charles racing with pants round their ankles getting chased by a giant shark.  Just unbelievable.

• Like 2

Watched a bit of the BAFTAs on BBC, they seem so far out of touch with what tv is now, it's heavily weighted towards terrestrial tv but still has a couple of nominations for the likes of the queen, makes it seem a bit daft

i don't think there is any tv awards show in this country that is properly inclusive of skys content let alone Netflix and Amazon prime etc 

• Like 1

On 2017-5-12 at 22:51, mikeyp102 said:

American Gods. Not a clue what is going on half the time, but so far I like it

Turned episode 1 off after half an hour. Very similar in feel to Hannibal for obvious reasons and in the end gave up on that early on in the last series.

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Watched a bit of the BAFTAs on BBC, they seem so far out of touch with what tv is now, it's heavily weighted towards terrestrial tv but still has a couple of nominations for the likes of the queen, makes it seem a bit daft

i don't think there is any tv awards show in this country that is properly inclusive of skys content let alone Netflix and Amazon prime etc 

In terms of awards, it's about as relevant to good TV as the BRITS are to good music. 

• Like 1

American Gods was fantastic again this week. The opening segment was beautifully done and very poignant.

They really have done a magnificent job so far.

• Like 2

Started watching The Expanse and now on episode five. It's slowly picking up pace and getting good now that the 'politics' has been fleshed out and they can focus on the story/plot. The cop storyline is still a little weak so far and the indian woman story is mainly political filler but I'm enjoying the space ship plot.

I've just caught up at last with Better Call Saul. I was worried after I couldn't get into the first season until I got towards the end, but it's better now than I ever thought it would be. I just sit there grinning whenever there is a scene with Mike/Gus or his crew, the

Don Eladio diving into his swimming pool

scene was genius, and Saul's storyline with his brother is fantastic. I can't wait for tomorrow's episode now.

Have they said how many seasons there will be?

Edited by villarule123

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

American Gods was fantastic again this week. The opening segment was beautifully done and very poignant.

They really have done a magnificent job so far.

It's fantastic. I suspect that episode will turn a few people off, but... It's just so good. Turning it into sort of an anthology around a main arc has been genius. Little vignettes playing with the ideas help pad out the plot and make these little cool stories of their own. And it's **** beautiful.

The opening was fantastic and very, very, very reminiscent of a few scenes from Pratchett's take on

Spoiler

Death. Every Discworld fan will know the little moments when Death appears to a character and takes them away, and it is incredibly similar to that. Often right down to the desert. Although usually a little more profound :)

Also, Erika Kaar.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

It's fantastic. I suspect that episode will turn a few people off, but... It's just so good. Turning it into sort of an anthology around a main arc has been genius. Little vignettes playing with the ideas help pad out the plot and make these little cool stories of their own. And it's **** beautiful.

The opening was fantastic and very, very, very reminiscent of a few scenes from Pratchett's take on

Reveal hidden contents

Death. Every Discworld fan will know the little moments when Death appears to a character and takes them away, and it is incredibly similar to that. Often right down to the desert. Although usually a little more profound :)

Also, Erika Kaar.

Spoiler

I'm guessing you mean the scene with taxi driver? Yes a bit graphic, but so have all the other sex scenes

I still don't have a clue where the story is going, and I think they maybe need to explain some characters more, but yeah I enjoy it.

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:
  Hide contents

I'm guessing you mean the scene with taxi driver? Yes a bit graphic, but so have all the other sex scenes

I still don't have a clue where the story is going, and I think they maybe need to explain some characters more, but yeah I enjoy it.

It's going to be interesting to see how it progresses. It's already been renewed for a second season and this one apparently only covers the first third of the book. 

You might not have much of a clue for a while yet! 

I cant believe how good it's been so far. Amazing show. 

• Like 3

Watched the first episode of American Gods at the gym yesterday...

The good, the use of Mark Lanegan's "Where did you sleep last night" was cool!

The bad, had to frantically skip the sex scene with the guy from Godbless America, which caused a bit of a scene :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Watched the first episode of American Gods at the gym yesterday...

The good, the use of Mark Lanegan's "Where did you sleep last night" was cool!

The bad, had to frantically skip the sex scene with the guy from Godbless America, which caused a bit of a scene :lol:

Hint - There's more of that kinda thing ;)

• Like 1

Â