Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

just started de Grasse Tyson's update on Carl Sagan's Cosmos series. I know it's documentary, but still good fun - a nice tribute in the opening set pretty much lifting the style of the original.

Brooklyn 99 continues to be brilliant, raced through into season 3, they are all so good. Lately Captain Holt has just been magnificent. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rodders said:

just started de Grasse Tyson's update on Carl Sagan's Cosmos series. I know it's documentary, but still good fun - a nice tribute in the opening set pretty much lifting the style of the original.

Brooklyn 99 continues to be brilliant, raced through into season 3, they are all so good. Lately Captain Holt has just been magnificent. 

Agreed on both

On 26/04/2017 at 07:31, BOF said:

From a timeline 'no overlap' point of view, I tend to just think that he's not the entire police force and that other murders may be getting dealt with by other police, and that we're just seeing the 'Luther' timeline.  When you think about it, that's much less ridiculous than Luther being a one-man police force.

As for his flat.  I just had it down as a visual example of the single-mindedness of a man who has prioritised his career over and above everything else in his life.

No, I don't see it like this, although I agree about the timeline, my OP was a bit tongue in cheek about that.

But Luther's flat isn't just a flat of a man who prioritises his career, it's squalor. There are jobless drug addicts who have nicer flats than him :)

ANd it's the same with the cars, the police station, some of the settings etc

The more I watch Luther the more I think it's basically a comic book. Whoever wrote/created/directed it had this vision of this old school decrepit setting, SIn City style and permeates it throughout the show. And Luther actually IS a one man police force. He's basically a super hero. He even wears a costume.

I say none of that negatively.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Well we are almost done with Chicago Fire & Chicago PD (couple episodes of each left) and Blacklist (2? left), in the meantime Grimm is filing the void, almost finished season 2. After that it'll be Chicago Justice, then Lucifer returns next week, then House of Cards season 5, then Ray Donovan returns.

Will also have a look at Designated Survivor.

Blacklist Redemption has started. 

I quite fancy Chicago PD, mainly because of Jason Beghe

8 hours ago, Rodders said:

Holt has got better and better as the series' have gone on. The one liners he pulls out, remaining  so dead pan. It's brilliant acting.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2017 at 06:26, Chindie said:

I finished it.

It gets better. It never particularly gets great, but it improves into an OK but flawed show, then has a weak final episode.

I'd place it below both series of Daredevil and Jessica Jones, but it's better than Luke Cage.

I am on luke Cage now and have to say so far its worse than iron fist. Am only on epsiode 4 and bloody hell its so crap so far. luke cage was better in jessica jones!

As for iron fist it gets abit meh ok but not great, very predictable in parts. for me Daredevil and jessica jones much better, and i think a large part of that is the enemies in both shows

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Blacklist Redemption has started. 

I quite fancy Chicago PD, mainly because of Jason Beghe

He's **** awesome in it, but Sophia Bush and her husky voice and shapely arse are equally awesome ;)

Born to kill is shaping up very nicely on Channel 4, one of the better terrestrial shows I've seen in a while, the young lad playing the main character is quite disturbing and surely has a bright future ahead.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2017 at 21:09, Designer1 said:

This weeks BCS = :)

Reveal hidden contents

Mike and the shoes...absolute genius writing.

Just seen it, very good.

The whole Mike storyline seems to be me thinking "what the **** is he doing?!"

Intentionally written like that, I'm sure. With barely a word spoken.

It's a brilliant show.

• Like 3

I'm interested in the continuation of Twin Peaks on Showtime-apparently they got much of the original cast back and David Lynch is directing again. The original sort of fizzled out for me, but at times it was really excellent television, and totally unique for it's time period. Worth a watch, I think it's on Netflix right now.

• Like 1

The episode of Rick and Morty where Rick and Summer go to the female-run planet is **** brilliant. The restaurant being called 'Just a Small Bite of Yours' - absolute genius :D.

• Like 1

Great end to Line of Duty.

Don't think it lived up to the previous series but still managed to fool me when I thought it was going to peter out to a pretty simple finale.

• Like 1

First episode of American Gods is out.

You can tell the guys behind it were also behind Hannibal. It has the same fever dream imagery and cross of the sumptuous and the sickly. It looks incredible. Performances are good and it holds a lot of its cards back... To the extent I wonder if someone who hasn't read the book will follow it out pick up the hints to what is going on (some of which really aren't subtle but if you aren't looking you would miss).

Suspect it'll be divisive but as a fan, in desperate for more. Also

Spoiler

They actually did the Bilquis scene!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

First episode of American Gods is out.

You can tell the guys behind it were also behind Hannibal. It has the same fever dream imagery and cross of the sumptuous and the sickly. It looks incredible. Performances are good and it holds a lot of its cards back... To the extent I wonder if someone who hasn't read the book will follow it out pick up the hints to what is going on (some of which really aren't subtle but if you aren't looking you would miss).

Suspect it'll be divisive but as a fan, in desperate for more. Also

Reveal hidden contents

They actually did the Bilquis scene!

I haven't read a word of Neil Gaiman. What other film/TV series is American Gods most similar to?

10 minutes ago, coda said:

I haven't read a word of Neil Gaiman. What other film/TV series is American Gods most similar to?

Stylistically, its Hannibal. Perhaps slightly more overblown.

Beyond that... I really don't know. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coda said:

There isn't really anything else quite like the book and if they nail the show, there won't be anything to compare it to on TV either. Totally unique. 

Â