Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

59 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Started watching 13 reasons why after the match today. 10 hours later i have barely moved & have 2 episodes left which i am about to watch now even though that means i will be lucky to get 3 hours sleep before work.

Has a nice pump up the volume / reality bites / heathers, Generation-X type feel to it even though it is set today. Not the easiest watch & some daft choices/behaviours make it a bit unbelievable/cliche at times but i have really enjoyed it and can't go to sleep until i have seen the end.

Prepare yourself for the last episode :-(

On 20/04/2017 at 13:53, Demitri_C said:

Have to admit I stopped watching after the first season. It was boring as hell.

almost at end of iron fist I'm on episode 11. Started well, then went meh. Hoping fur a good ending. But so far nowhere near as good as daredevil and Jessica jones

It says a lot about our differences that you think BCS is boring as hell but you're into those three shows...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It says a lot about our differences that you think BCS is boring as hell but you're into those three shows...

You found daredevil boring? Your probably first person I heard say that! 

Just now, choffer said:

Allow me to be the second ;)

What didnt you like about it?

With better call saul I appreciate its new series but I found it very slow and dull. I guess as I was a big breaking bad fan, I am guilty of thinking it to be as good as that which is probably abit unfair 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

With better call saul I appreciate its new series but I found it very slow and dull. I guess as I was a big breaking bad fan, I am guilty of thinking it to be as good as that which is probably abit unfair 

The second series of Better Call Saul was as good as S1-3 of BB in my opinion.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The second series of Better Call Saul was as good as S1-3 of BB in my opinion.

Might give it a shot, started Luke Cage and after two episodes I am think I should have done Saul. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Might give it a shot, started Luke Cage and after two episodes I am think I should have done Saul. 

If you want my advice, go back and watch the first season of BCS again. It's not as good as S2, as I think they were finding their way a little more with some of the characters but it's still superb TV. The 2nd series is just sublime though, and the 3rd series is going the same way so far.

As for the Marvel TV stuff, well I find it entertaining and enjoyable for the most part (Iron Fist was disappointing as has been covered elsewhere) but the quality of acting / writing on something like BCS is on a different planet.

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think I've just had my fill of Marvel-type stuff now tbf. I enjoyed Jessica Jones but by the time Daredevil arrived, I was pretty much over it. I liked the way it was shot and I could see it was decent but it just didn't grab me.

BCS on the other hand is just beautiful. I'd struggle to find a single thing to criticise it for.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

This scene in BCS was absolutely mesmerizing . It looks like one of those tilt shift pics. 

Image result for BETTER CALL SAUL BRIDGE TILT

That's exactly what i said. It didn't look real. Beautiful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, choffer said:

I think I've just had my fill of Marvel-type stuff now tbf. I enjoyed Jessica Jones but by the time Daredevil arrived, I was pretty much over it. I liked the way it was shot and I could see it was decent but it just didn't grab me.

BCS on the other hand is just beautiful. I'd struggle to find a single thing to criticise it for.

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

If you want my advice, go back and watch the first season of BCS again. It's not as good as S2, as I think they were finding their way a little more with some of the characters but it's still superb TV. The 2nd series is just sublime though, and the 3rd series is going the same way so far.

As for the Marvel TV stuff, well I find it entertaining and enjoyable for the most part (Iron Fist was disappointing as has been covered elsewhere) but the quality of acting / writing on something like BCS is on a different planet.

Might sod Luke Cage off if next couple episodes are as drab as this and go with both your opinion!

Big Little Lies from HBO.

A one-off mini-series, 7 episodes with Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman.

It was pretty good, after a bad first episode. 

Basically about a group of mums dropping their kids off at school and picking them up again (sounds awful!) ... though with a murder mystery, rape, violence, and nudity thrown in. 

22 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Big Little Lies from HBO.

A one-off mini-series, 7 episodes with Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman.

It was pretty good, after a bad first episode. 

Basically about a group of mums dropping their kids off at school and picking them up again (sounds awful!) ... though with a murder mystery, rape, violence, and nudity thrown in. 

I've really enjoyed that. Interesting how the story shows how the veneer of outward happiness is flimsily covering the myriad of serious issues just below the surface, and that most of the main characters cling to their own respectability regardless of what's blatantly happening to them.

So yeah, really well written and very well acted all round by a great ensemble cast (even Skarsgard jnr has been excellent).

• Like 1

Â